North vs South Senior Bowl Game Thread

burmafrd

Reaction score
The current staff has developed perhaps ONE starter in Free. Not exactly great either.

Brooksey

Reaction score
dallascowboyfanboy;3260969 said:
LT Ciron Black from LSU looking pretty good. nice foot work/agility

One of the top lineman in the draft could be around when we pick 2nd round.

The Realist

Reaction score
burmafrd;3260982 said:
LA and Erik were exceptions to the rule. They would have been all world no matter where they played. We never would have gotten LA if he had been at a big time school. In the NFL you will find very few small school O linemen. BP used that as a rule, not an absolute. Its usually a safer pick going big school. By the way, BP was the only one that wanted to give Gurode one last chance at Center. He had been average at best at guard. And by the way he was the one that got KOSIER as well. A lot of people were down on him from day one because Detroit did not try and keep him.

I disagree on small school OL assessment.

Just off the top of my head.....Todd Herramanns and the C Jackson on Eagles......Michael Roos Eastern Washington. Doug Free....Joe Staley, Ryan Clady......

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
burmafrd;3260982 said:
LA and Erik were exceptions to the rule. They would have been all world no matter where they played. We never would have gotten LA if he had been at a big time school. In the NFL you will find very few small school O linemen. BP used that as a rule, not an absolute. Its usually a safer pick going big school. By the way, BP was the only one that wanted to give Gurode one last chance at Center. He had been average at best at guard. And by the way he was the one that got KOSIER as well. A lot of people were down on him from day one because Detroit did not try and keep him.

I thought Parcells moved Gurode from C to G to make room for Al Johnson.I thought that after Al had moved on and Gurode went back to C Parcells said that moving Gurode was a mistake.

Craig

thewireman

Reaction score
The Realist;3260974 said:
I believe this is called Senior Bowl for a reason.

Ok I dont watch College football so I don't know who's a junior and whos a senior so you could have just told me without the remark

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I was hopiong Brandon Grham slides to 2nd rnd or so, but unless he has really slow 40 times, he will be gone late 1st round. I disagree with Mayock about Lamar Woodley. Having seen both throughout college, I think Graham is better player and more impact player then even Woodley.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We had GARBAGE at RG at the time. Johnson was an OK center, better then what we had otherwise then Gurode at the time. BP hoped that Johnson could do OK at center and Gurode would do well at guard. For whatever reason Gurode was just OK at guard. When we let Johnson go Gurode became the center for good. If Rivera had not injured his back he would have been a good Guard. Bad luck there.

More then 90% of starting NFL O linemen come from Big schools. So it makes sense to go with the 9-1 odds when choosing O linemen. Just because a few come from small schools means nothing.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
I'm surprised with all the hype about Iupati, the guy doesn't look that great. He looks like he has lead weights for feet and is always holding. I'd rather not have Romo hit a big TD to Austin just to have it called back b/c Iupati holds. Holding is a big no no for a O-lineman and a problem we've had before. I'd prefer not to have a penalty happy rookie to add to our problems.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like Graham

the Troy boys

Mike Neal

Alex Carrington

John Jerry

from this game

and of course Ducasse

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3260918 said:
He's not getting abused, but his first option is to grab the DL. Not impressive so far.

The right tackle from Tennessee looks decent.

Iupati has technique issues but you can see the talent.

He has dead feet right now though.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;3261008 said:
I like Graham

the Troy boys

Mike Neal

Alex Carrington

John Jerry

from this game

and of course Ducasse

Stick with the first three in your sig draft and go from there.:cool:

Randy White

Reaction score
Gzus;3261007 said:
I'm surprised with all the hype about Iupati, the guy doesn't look that great. He looks like he has lead weights for feet and is always holding. I'd rather not have Romo hit a big TD to Austin just to have it called back b/c Iupati holds. Holding is a big no no for a O-lineman and a problem we've had before. I'd prefer not to have a penalty happy rookie to add to our problems.

You do understand that the reason why the North scored their 1st TD was that Iupati, lead weight feet and all, got the LB and blocked him out of the play, right ?

Bluestang

Reaction score
Randy White;3261014 said:
You do understand that the reason why the North scored their 1st TD was that Iupati, lead weight feet and all, got the LB and blocked him out of the play, right ?

He actually could have been flagged for holding and cost the North another TD...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
craig71;3260992 said:
I thought Parcells moved Gurode from C to G to make room for Al Johnson.I thought that after Al had moved on and Gurode went back to C Parcells said that moving Gurode was a mistake.

Gurode moved to guard in 2002, before we even drafted Al Johnson.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3261002 said:
I was hopiong Brandon Grham slides to 2nd rnd or so, but unless he has really slow 40 times, he will be gone late 1st round. I disagree with Mayock about Lamar Woodley. Having seen both throughout college, I think Graham is better player and more impact player then even Woodley.

I don't see how Graham would slide into the late second round, and I doubt we'd take an outside linebacker in the first round.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
AdamJT13;3261017 said:
I don't see how Graham would slide into the late second round, and I doubt we'd take an outside linebacker in the first round.

Yep, like I said I hoped he would, but with the way he is playing, doesn't seem like there is a chance. And yeah, no way cowboys take any D player, but I guess if a great CB slides, then maybe. Or whoever is rated maybe top 15 by the team and he slides down to 27, thats the only way Cowboys pick D player in my opinion.

Graham, probably goes to any one of the 3-4 teams in first round. I don;t see him as a 4-3 DE.