Not Dez's fault but if you had eyes you already would have known

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Damn I miss Romo

What a shame how did we all get lost in the sauce and drink the Cool Aid.

There's actually posts promoting dropping him. The foolish delusion lives on.

Try not to be clueless like the guy doing the voice-over on the video.

That video showed that Dez is terrible. About 80% or more of the fault is on Dez in the video.

I can see how people that have minimal knowledge would only be able to consider that if the ball is not perfectly on target that it must be the QBs fault.

In reality on intermediate and long passes the QB throws to spots based on coverage and the WR has to know how he is being covered.

If there are 2 DBs over (deeper) than the WR and no DBs underneath, then the QB is going to throw short. The WR has to anticipate the throw being short because he should know that the DBs are over him.

Even in single coverage if the DB is over, then expect the throw to be under and vise-versa.

On crossing routes the QB throws between defenders which means the ball will often not be perfectly on target. The WR should be able to catch balls even if they have to stretch out to get them. This is especially true if the ball hits their outstretched hands.

Many of the throws were just throw-aways, especially many near the sideline.

On many of those corner endzone routes failed because Dez let the DBs get position on him using technique despite him being bigger than them.

The many drops were obvious.

The guy in the video tried using terms like inside leverage in an attempt to sound like he knows something. On one of those it started out as outside leverage and Dez was supposed to run an out which requires a 90 degree type of cut but he ran more of a 45 degree cut which means he crossed the path of the ball. On a square cut the ball would have been in front of him but with the 45 degree cut the ball was behind him.

Obviously Dak was not perfect, but he was way better than good enough if he just had a decent #1 WR.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Funny thing is.......by 23 Dak was starting for a NFL team.
By age 23.......Romo was......backing up Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter........

You act as if that's a plus when it could be a curse. If he continues with his poor mechanics and inaccuracy. Which this video clearly shows. Then he's not gonna be any good to anyone.

We all heard of the stories Of how much influence Romo had over offensive meetings in Prescotts rookie year. Combined with the way Romo conducted himself on the sidelines. It was really classy. After watching his revolutionary broadcasting style we were all made aware of his high football I.Q.

Romo left and Dak was stuck with the clapper. More then anything Dak struggled when he lost Zeke. As far as I can see he developed some bad habits because he was faced with the insurmountable task of having to call the same 3 to 5 plays all Damn game. There was no creativity from the coaches because honestly they never had it. The only football mind worth his weight was gone out of the equation

And I miss him. Its sad that you don't too

If he was on the sidelines last year. He would have reigned the kid in. And brought some things to his attention.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I saw two poorly performing players in that video. Dak and Dez both played poorly last year. They both get D's for grades in alignment with the starting letters of their first names.

Dak's mechanics and accuracy were average or less than average. Dez's route running and concentration were the same.

This organization is in shambles because of management starting at the top and coaching. It ruined the career of Romo and it will do the same to these two if they have any potential (more a question for Dak than Dez at this point).

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Oh, when is his Gold Jacket Ceremony? Have many rings does he have?
Yeah, because there are ZERO QBs roaming around with Gold jackets that never won a ring or anything. :rolleyes:
Not saying Tony will ever get either ( especially since he's no longer playing ), just pointing out a flaw in your statement.

Ultra Warrior

Reaction score
I missed the Seattle game for a playoff spot last December. How did Dez do in that game?
If I remember correctly, regardless if we won that game or not, we weren't making the Playoffs. Losing the Falcons game is what screwed our chances at making the post-season.

Dre11

Reaction score
Funny thing is.......by 23 Dak was starting for a NFL team.
By age 23.......Romo was......backing up Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter........

Different time,circumstances , and team .I'm not comparing the two just pointing that out. It took Romo being out and remember Moore also getting hurt. Otherwise Dak would've sat.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I saw two poorly performing players in that video. Dak and Dez both played poorly last year. They both get D's for grades in alignment with the starting letters of their first names.

Dak's mechanics and accuracy were average or less than average. Dez's route running and concentration were the same.

This organization is in shambles because of management starting at the top and coaching. It ruined the career of Romo and it will do the same to these two if they have any potential (more a question for Dak than Dez at this point).

Now coaching ruined Romo's career? God, I thought it was the horrible teams around him. Romo was Romo. Didn't take football seriously early in his career then found out that injuries and sitting didn't do it for him either. In retrospect he was paid rather well for a player whose career was ruined by coaching and poor teams around him. Damn, we should all be so lucky

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Now coaching ruined Romo's career? God, I thought it was the horrible teams around him. Romo was Romo. Didn't take football seriously early in his career then found out that injuries and sitting didn't do it for him either. In retrospect he was paid rather well for a player whose career was ruined by coaching and poor teams around him. Damn, we should all be so lucky
Actually, I said poor management and coaching ruined his career. What do you think management does but put a staff and team around him? I have no idea what you're talking about not taking football seriously. He was an undrafted free agent who worked his way up to the top player position of the organization, unlike Garrett whose "success via nepotism" is obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Being paid well has nothing to do with success on the football field. Romo got paid for playing his position well. He can only do so much.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You act as if that's a plus when it could be a curse. If he continues with his poor mechanics and inaccuracy. Which this video clearly shows. Then he's not gonna be any good to anyone.

We all heard of the stories Of how much influence Romo had over offensive meetings in Prescotts rookie year. Combined with the way Romo conducted himself on the sidelines. It was really classy. After watching his revolutionary broadcasting style we were all made aware of his high football I.Q.

Romo left and Dak was stuck with the clapper. More then anything Dak struggled when he lost Zeke. As far as I can see he developed some bad habits because he was faced with the insurmountable task of having to call the same 3 to 5 plays all Damn game. There was no creativity from the coaches because honestly they never had it. The only football mind worth his weight was gone out of the equation

And I miss him. Its sad that you don't too

If he was on the sidelines last year. He would have reigned the kid in. And brought some things to his attention.
No I brought that up to say that people are judging Dak too early.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Different time,circumstances , and team .I'm not comparing the two just pointing that out. It took Romo being out and remember Moore also getting hurt. Otherwise Dak would've sat.

I disagree. May be Romo getting hurt. Moore said never going to start over Dak. Not in a million years. Romo getting hurt was going to happen. It happened every year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I disagree. May be Romo getting hurt. Moore said never going to start over Dak. Not in a million years. Romo getting hurt was going to happen. It happened every year.
Romo, the QB who isn’t “injury prone”, he just happens to have a “fluke” injury 60% of the seasons he was supposed to be the starter.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yeah, because there are ZERO QBs roaming around with Gold jackets that never won a ring or anything. :rolleyes:
Not saying Tony will ever get either ( especially since he's no longer playing ), just pointing out a flaw in your statement.

You seem to have missed the context driving my gold jacket and ring response.

Ultra Warrior

Reaction score