Not Dez's fault but if you had eyes you already would have known

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
this thread, ugh... its not like Dak hasn't gotten his share of threads stating his faults this year, too many if you ask me, so we surely are not gonna let Dez get off scott free for his game, or lack thereof at time, this last year.

Now I am not saying we should cut him, but he is not playing like a #1. He used to make up for his poor route running and even dropped balls with his athletic ability to make those tough catches, but he has lost that part of his game it seems so now everything lacking is more noticed.

We can definitely use a #1 come out in the draft, or in FA, but doing nothing.... well exaggerating the talent we have at the present moment is doing us no good.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dez almost has to be cut or traded......if a FA or high draft pick is brought in as a new #1 WR, would only stir up more more tantrums and a major locker room cancer....it has to be all or nothing with him which only sets progress back another year........get rid of the headcase, er I mean "passionate" guy.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Man, you are my hero. I've tried to point this out to people, but not anywhere near as well as you just did. Major kudos on a job well done.

And major kudos to Dak for being a gentleman and not throwing Dez under the bus. And then the biggest problem by far is that the coaching staff kept him on the field w/ the poor route running. That is just major brow beetling to me.
You are either blind or intentionally ********. All fault is clearly on Dak in this video

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Not Dez's fault but if you had eyes you already would have known,, "yeah everybody was hurt on the offensive line and on the defense and the coaches didn't make the team Dez friendly" I can't blame Dez.... we need the team to be more "dez friendly"..

fansince68

Reaction score
I actually loved this video. Im not sure why our brass cant and wont evaluate film to understand clearly whats right and wrong with this team. I always felt as if Dez was misused in this offense. This video reiterates the fact that Dak should be somewhere at this moment with a qb guru studying film of all his games NFL and college to improve on his skills. By the time OTA's roll around, Dak and all his receivers should be getting togethar to work on continuity etc. I will admit that there is some blame on Dez..however there seem to be more Dak throwing issues than Dez's catching issues. Great film study. Its a shame our brass cant do this.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I actually loved this video. Im not sure why our brass cant and wont evaluate film to understand clearly whats right and wrong with this team. I always felt as if Dez was misused in this offense. This video reiterates the fact that Dak should be somewhere at this moment with a qb guru studying film of all his games NFL and college to improve on his skills. By the time OTA's roll around, Dak and all his receivers should be getting togethar to work on continuity etc. I will admit that there is some blame on Dez..however there seem to be more Dak throwing issues than Dez's catching issues. Great film study. Its a shame our brass cant do this.

It's amazing .That when faced with the video. Many here close their eyes to it

Gameover

Reaction score

Damn I miss Romo

What a shame how did we all get lost in the sauce and drink the Cool Aid.

There's actually posts promoting dropping him. The foolish delusion lives on.

First play

Zordan, you have the nerve to ‘like’ a pro Romo post? You trashed Romo for his weak arm for years. You were on the Dak train. You’re a little whinny baby!!!

My team don’t win anymore, Im gonna throw little hissy fits on the forum.

Give me a Ryder. Get these transformers outta here.......

Last edited:

Gameover

Reaction score
110,000 views for Dez video

1,789 for this one

Negativity sells

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This vid is about worn thin.... I can show you videos that say the opposite. Now If you really want to know what happened from 16 to 17, there is a damn well put together video showing the utter dismal O line blocking we had this past season. When your QB has 0.2 secs to get rid of the ball, or is running for his life, OR CANNOT step up in the pocket, THAT is on the O-line. Last season, Dak had the same blocking Romo had where he basically had all day to read and make a play. Dak had multiple +20 yd passes but he had TIME and room to step up to do so! CLAPPER CLOWN and Linehan are WHY Dak stepped back last season, NOT his lack of arm strength or anything else all the Tony humping fans are screeching about.
Seriously, I just do not get the mind set of going back to a guy who has stepped away from the game. Heck, go compare the first 2 year stats from Staubach, Aikman, Romo and Prescott.... I believe you will be dumb founded at what you see.....our cowboys do NOT have a QB problem, we have an OWNERSHIP, COACHING problem.
And Dez Bryant HAS lost a step, hell HE even said he left a lot on the field last season. I personally believe, Dez needs to be moved from 1, to slot, or 2 receiver, get a young speedster to open the field and use Dez's talents such as they are @ 30 years old. Oh and to add 1 more thing on Prescott, they also screwed him this season with little to NO check downs, or swing passes to get out of a LOOOONG developing pass play that he has ZERO time to setup for. I'm willing to bet, ALL you pillow crying Romo lova's will bee eating crow come 2018...Tony is gone, get over it and support DP, he's a damn good QB, he just has a ******* HC and OC who cannot scheme to HIS strengths!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
He hasn't lost it .He has a QB that is incapable
You think Dez hasn't lost a step in his game? Nevermind Dak and the problems he does have to overcome.
You are carrying that flag well my friend. Reason why this team has been stagnant so long. Coaching staff and owners fail to recognize shortcomings and fix them. Yes Dak has his but he is still young and I would only give him one more year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Damn I miss Romo

What a shame how did we all get lost in the sauce and drink the Cool Aid.

There's actually posts promoting dropping him. The foolish delusion lives on.

That video and the guy who posted it is full of it. He showed at least two passes that hit Dez in the hands that he dropped. Some of the plays Dez had to play DB was because he crossed Dak up. We saw a lot of the same things happening when Romo and Dez first started working with each other. Who was to blame then Romo? Even after Romo and Dez had been working together for a while you still saw Dez cross Romo up at times. You would see Romo walking off the field after tossing an INT or making an errant throw talking to Dez. You could see that Romo wasn’t real happy. It’s easy to put together a video to try and pin a lot of the issues on the QB but even in this video you can see Dez is clearly part of the problem. He’s not a good route runner, you have Hall of Fame receivers like Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe telling everyone he isn’t.

The lack of communication between Dez and Dak certainly hasn’t been entirely on Dez but if you go back and look at some of the communication issues Dez had with Romo at times, it’s clear most of it falls on Dez who isn’t the brightest bulb. Go back to the 2011 season opener against the Jets and look at the pick Romo threw late in the game to Revis. It appeared he threw it right to him because Dez crossed Romo up. We’ve seen Dez do the same thing with Dak on a number of occasions.

We’ve seen Dak talking to Dez as they were walking off the field after a miscommunication. Once Dez starts getting frustrated he starts losing his focus and it leads to drops and some of these miscommunications we keep seeing. You could tell a lot of the miscommunications Dez had with Romo was on Dez by looking at Romo’s reaction. Romo would walk over to Dez and you’d see them talking on the sidelines. It was clear by Dez’s reaction he was at fault.

Reactions: G2

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I miss Aikman and Staubach, not Romo.

With all the love Romo receives on this board you would never in a million years think his playoff record was 2-4. Some act like we won championships with him. Many seemed to not mind coming up short with him every year as long as he put up numbers and had a high passer rating. I’m certainly not putting it all on Romo for our lack of success, he kept us in contention most years but it was time to move on. However, some fans will never move on from him despite the Cowboys never getting past the divisional round of the playoffs with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He hasn't lost it .He has a QB that is incapable

That comment shows the lack of football knowledge you have. Dez has clearly lost some speed and quickness since the foot and ankle surgery in 2015. In the last three games he played with Romo in 2015 he never had more than 48 yards receiving and five catches. Granted he wasn’t healthy that season but he was healthy for most of the opener and did very little despite Romo putting the ball up 45 times.