Not even excited about the Thanksgiving Day game

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I haven’t been excited to watch a game since the 2016 playoff loss to the Packers. That was a gut punch and I realized then that we’re wasting time with Garrett. You already know what will happen on Thursday. Cowboys will start slow, Bills will be up 17-0, then a valiant comeback will fall just short. And Jerry still won’t just fire Garrett.

Proximo

Reaction score
I always look forward to watching Dallas on Thanksgiving, no matter the circumstances.
Just try to enjoy the holiday and some football, OP. I’m betting you will and you just made this thread in an emotional moment after yesterday’s game.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I always look forward to watching Dallas on Thanksgiving, no matter the circumstances.
Just try to enjoy the holiday and some football, OP. I’m betting you will and you just made this thread in an emotional moment after yesterday’s game.

I don't think he is saying he is not going to enjoy the actual holiday and family...just that the joy of the football game is gone.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’ve been around long enough to know that anything can happen. Chances aren’t good but they’re not zero either. Plus it’s just not in me to give up and quit. Once you start doing that it becomes your nature.

The black knight approves of this message.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
baffles me how some folks think the Bills will be a cake walk

Josh Allen is a mobile QB and slightly better, or least on par with, Jeff Driskel.. and we barely beat him

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
This used to be my favorite week of the year. Two games in four days and the thanksgiving games were always special.

Not any more. Cant wait to watch Buffalo tear this thing down thursday.

Has to get worse before it can get better.

Josh Allen should give this defense fits with his legs...

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Bills will win .
Jerry will scratch his head.
And we’ll all know what the problem is.

Proximo

Reaction score
Since 2011 they are 4-4 on Thanksgiving.

Yea we’ve been on and off lately.

Last year had a nice divisional win over Washington.

The previous year we were squashed by the Chargers of all teams, during what’s probably the worst losing streak in the Garrett era.

2016 was another W over Washington, which I think was during an 11 game win streak.

2015 we got smashed by Carolina during what was a lost season.

2014- I remember this one, we got beat bad by Philly, but what was strange was they fell apart after that and we went on a roll. This was the season that ended with the infamous Dez catch at Lambeau.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

Josh Allen is a mobile QB and slightly better, or least on par with, Jeff Driskel.. and we barely beat him

I think you mean to say that Josh Allen is much, much better than Jeff Driskel....

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Usually I love the T-day games, it is a tradition as we all know.
But for the first time ver as of right now, I just can't get excited to watch this pathetic excuse of a team.

What, to see an unprepared team look sloppy, see the refs screw us over some more.

The only thing is to see Jerry's face as Garrett blows another game.
If they lose they should throw Garrett in that big red kettle and haul him off to the desert and hang him on a cactus.

Just can't see a win come Thursday, as they are playing a team with a winning record.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Enjoy the day with your family and just watch the game for what it is...a game.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Josh allen just ended a streak yesterday of 171 attempts without an interception. He has rushed for over 1000 yards in the 23 games he has played. The guy is getting better each week. They are third in Redzone TD percentage.

There running game is going to whip this Dallas defense.

Total QBR 44.8 (26th best)
8 interceptions, 3 fumbles lost
The running game could be trouble (won't argue there). Buffalo's wins are coming against terrible teams. Will see what happens. I would be surprised with a loss Thursday. These are the type of games Dallas wins.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Usually I love the T-day games, it is a tradition as we all know.
But for the first time ver as of right now, I just can't get excited to watch this pathetic excuse of a team.

What, to see an unprepared team look sloppy, see the refs screw us over some more.

The only thing is to see Jerry's face as Garrett blows another game.
If they lose they should throw Garrett in that big red kettle and haul him off to the desert and hang him on a cactus.

Just can't see a win come Thursday, as they are playing a team with a winning record.

Ill root for a win, but I have no issues with an embarrassing loss. A home loss to the Bills might just be the thing to get Garrett gone.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Josh Allen should give this defense fits with his legs...

no question. There running game is excellent. He has accounted for 40 td's in his first 23 games. I saw a comparison of him and wentz in that time span and he has more TD's than wentz and a couple hundred yards less passing and he has rushed for over 1000 yards.

Only like 4 or 5 qb's have ever rushed for over a 1000 yards that quick....guys like vick, newton, cunningham etc..

he is a wild card and will give this defense fits.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The running game could be trouble (won't argue there). Buffalo's wins are coming against terrible teams. Will see what happens. I would be surprised with a loss Thursday. These are the type of games Dallas wins.

They have a great defense and Allen is about to set the record for rushing TD's by a QB in a season. He has more than the great Zeke.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score

Their RB Devin Singletary is a beast no one knows about , he’s the 2nd coming of Lesean McCoy and their defense is good enough to make Dallas have the usual endless string of false starts, holding , illegal formation penalties.
People are in for a rude awakening on Thursday as coaching will once again decide the game.

MikeB80

Reaction score

I don't care about qbr....watch the games he is getting better each week.
Has accounted for 40 td's in his 23 game career and rushed for over 1000 yards so far. His passing ability is getting better.

their head coach's defense whipped Dallas back in 2015 on thanksgiving. Mostly because Romo should not have been playing but still.

Buffalos physical running game is a terrible matchup for Dallas.

as far as buffalo's wins....They have beat more teams with a winning record than Dallas has....ONE....the titans. Dallas has none.

Buffalo has not played a nationally televised game yet...everybody downplays everything they do or have done....this could very well be there coming out game.

They have some excellent defensive players no one talks about.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Just for your consideration...the Bills have had the "slow start" tendency as well. They have played well, but they aren't beating teams with winning records either. Josh Allen is coming into his own, but I think Dak is better at this point. I have picked against the 'Boys various times this year, but I think they win on Thanksgiving. I think it will be a close game for three quarters, but the Cowboys will win something like 30-20.