Not rooting for us to lose but

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Why? What valid reason would there be for that? What valid excuses exist for this team being 3-4 at this point?

I keep seeing people say "he stays" but yet I never see a valid reason as to why?

Not even a snake oil salesman like Jerry Jones is dumb enough to believe that he could sell anybody on that.
I totally agree but your last statement is actually worth reconsidering. It's obvious that Jerry would go to his death bed losing than to burst his own ego and the nepotism in the FO that surrounds him would never tell JJ he's wearing no clothes.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I seriously doubt they make the playoffs and they really don’t deserve to be a playoff team. It is not a big deal to me if they make the playoffs and have no chance to win the Super Bowl. The one and only problem that I have with the team losing is that it won’t help in the draft this year due to the trade. I had much rather see the team lose in epic proportions next season so that drafting a top QB will be possible.
What a sad approach...

Let me ask you a question.

Let's hypothetically say we tank and wind up with the 1st pick. We then go get the top QB coming out next year.

Do you have the confidence that we won't be back in the same boat again three years from now with Jason and Scott still "nurturing" our young QBs?

Reaction score
Why? What valid reason would there be for that? What valid excuses exist for this team being 3-4 at this point?

I keep seeing people say "he stays" but yet I never see a valid reason as to why?

Not even a snake oil salesman like Jerry Jones is dumb enough to believe that he could sell anybody on that.
There is no valid reason to keep Garrett. It doesn't exist.

But that won't stop Jerry from keeping him.

Because this is who Jerry is.

75boyz

Reaction score
I seriously doubt they make the playoffs and they really don’t deserve to be a playoff team. It is not a big deal to me if they make the playoffs and have no chance to win the Super Bowl. The one and only problem that I have with the team losing is that it won’t help in the draft this year due to the trade. I had much rather see the team lose in epic proportions next season so that drafting a top QB will be possible.
Oh, I hear ya bro. I'm all aboard the Tank for Tua 2019 campaign. I'd even do a Ditka/Ricky Williams scenario if that's what it took.

75boyz

Reaction score
except Garrett seems to have more lives than Jason Voorhees. He has coached in three playoff games during his reign and still has never been close to being fired. Wade won the division two of three years and was canned halfway through a season. Chan Gailey made the playoffs both years and was canned. Even Campo was fired after three brutal seasons. Seems like no matter what Garrett does, he is never on the hot seat.
Your point is valid and an even more sobering thought is that the guy who picked the present coach is in charge of picking his successor as well...UGH!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
play to win or don't suite - any other point of view is defective definition

is that clear enough?

No, not really. It's mostly because I never said they shouldn't play to win. The other confusing part is I don't know what don't suite means.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It’s hard to see anything more than 4 more wins with this schedule. And it could easily be 2.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally agree but your last statement is actually worth reconsidering. It's obvious that Jerry would go to his death bed losing than to burst his own ego and the nepotism in the FO that surrounds him would never tell JJ he's wearing no clothes.

I take comfort in the fact that he has actually hired 7 coaches while he's been here. That's admitting you made a mistake on 7 occasions.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no valid reason to keep Garrett. It doesn't exist.

But that won't stop Jerry from keeping him.

Because this is who Jerry is.

I see your point, but he's admitted to mistakes and fired 7 coaches since he's been owner. I take comfort in that.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I can’t root against the cowboys, it’s not in my DNA, but I do feel ya pain and understand where you’re coming from. In theory, anything less than conference championships and superbowls are worthless

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, not really. It's mostly because I never said they shouldn't play to win. The other confusing part is I don't know what don't suite means.
I think he meant suit up. Doesn’t matter, your opinion is unwelcome to him. Which is fine but I get where you are now. This is very frustrating because we try to make something normal about this situation and it is totally abnormal.

The problem is there are no consequences for Booger not winning and therefore, none for Garrett either. It is just a very unusual situation.

nate, just my opinion but based on everything I’ve seen about Garrett’s relationship with the Jones clan and particularly Garrett’s wife with Booger’s daughter, he is going nowhere unless that is up the organization. He is family and that is the only thing Booger will put above money.

TheHerd

Reaction score
What if this team makes the playoffs?

tenor.gif

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I take comfort in the fact that he has actually hired 7 coaches while he's been here. That's admitting you made a mistake on 7 occasions.
Honestly, I don't think he has the memory to name the head coaches and the amount of years they tenured under his control. I don't think he ever grades himself or personally holds himself responsible for any flaws. He has regrets, but he takes it as just part of the business. Unfortunately I think his family helps barricade him from the reality of the situation. Just my opinion.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Some of you guys might want to prepare yourselves. We end the year with the Colts, Bucs, and Giants.

This team may not go anywhere, but it will win just enough at the end to maintain enough interest for Jerry to justify keeping his Jason around.
I don't root against the Cowboys as long as they still have a decent shot at making the playoffs. However, if we are extremely unlikely to make the playoffs and then go on a year end winning streak to go from drafting around #7-8 to drafting #18-19 by picking up meaningless wins, I'll be pretty disappointed.