Video: Not Serious Team

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Priorities:

1. Make money
2. Protect brand
8. Win
Total BS. The Cowboys win a lot. Just have playoff woes. People way overstate the case. Andy Jerry wants to win more than any fan. He just doesn’t know how.

I never will understand those who question Jerry’s desire to win simply because the team fails in the playoffs. You think the Lions owners don’t care about winning? Every NFL owner wants to win. And every year, 31 owners fail.

Does it mean they don’t care? This is such lazy and self-entitled BS from fans.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The fan base including the blowhard in the video think you have to move on from Dak to show the Cowboys are serious about winning. How is moving on from a QB who won 12 games and was statistically better than any QB in the league last season AND who came in second for MVP going to make the Cowboys a better team? Unless you can replace Dak with a better QB, we’re not going to get better. Chances are we’ll get worse because who can the Cowboys get to QB the team in 2024 that’s as good or better than Dak AND who will sign at a reasonable price? Good luck with anyone coming up with a good answer for those questions. :thumbup: If you can’t come up with an intelligent response don’t bother responding.
Because Dak’s a front runner and when things get bad Dak doesn’t pull the team out of it.

You don’t need to spend mega bucks for that type of player.

GB and Tampa just moved on from HOF QBs and did better than us. Stop being scared of change.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because Dak’s a front runner and when things get bad Dak doesn’t pull the team out of it.

GB and Tampa just moved on from HOF QBs and did better than us. Stop being scared of change.
Who are you going to replace him with that’s going to make us better? You can’t change just to change and hope things get better. So if you just want to play a game of eanie meany miny moe at QB and see what happens.

davey999

Reaction score
Total BS. The Cowboys win a lot. Just have playoff woes. People way overstate the case. Andy Jerry wants to win more than any fan. He just doesn’t know how.

I never will understand those who question Jerry’s desire to win simply because the team fails in the playoffs. You think the Lions owners don’t care about winning? Every NFL owner wants to win. And every year, 31 owners fail.

Does it mean they don’t care? This is such lazy and self-entitled BS from fans.
He wants to win, it just not his #1 priority. Also, he only wants to win his way.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not wrong. I see implosion before thanksgiving. I hope I’m wrong like I was two seasons ago.
Implosion is incoming and not that many dogs on the schedule this coming season.
Too many holes and overvalued talent and throw in a locker room that won't be exactly a fun place to be going to get ugly fast!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he is what he is. a QB that needs help to win. end of story. you want elite? he is not. so what's your point? Purdy isn't elite, but he made it to the superbowl with a strong surronding cast and a great coach. Hurts made it to the superbowl with a strong cast around him. it has been done. it can be done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
he is what he is. a QB that needs help to win. end of story. you want elite? he is not. so what's your point? Purdy isn't elite, but he made it to the superbowl with a strong surronding cast and a great coach. Hurts made it to the superbowl with a strong cast around him. it has been done. it can be don

They’re on rookie deals.

Dak on his rookie deal never won anything.

We need a cheap QB and a better roster.

The problem is you guys think we can have both. We can’t.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They’re on rookie deals.

Dak on his rookie deal never won anything.

We need a cheap QB and a better roster.

The problem is you guys think we can have both. We can’t.
Hurts just got a 260M contract.

so get me an elite QB. please.

Get me a cheap QB. please.

and tell me why this cheap QB can take us to promise land.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
March 11 th do you know where Dak's extension is???????????????

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Every indication is Son doesn’t have the same need to be face of the franchise nor a celebrity football guy.

And assuming he’ll share ownership equally with his two siblings will be held accountable by them.

I expect him to assume the Pres position and hire GM who they can hold feet to the fire. Stephen will still oversee football operations.

This doesn’t mean it will be better but at least more normal.
Several years ago Stephen said in an interview that he would be open to hiring a GM.
That gives me hope.
Neither Jerry or Stephen have the skillset to be NFL GMs.
Jerry has really hamstrung this franchise.
9.5 years of Garrett?????
It's indefensible.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

GB - 1st round pick
TB - Signs a vet

Dallas - Does neither but makes their front runner QB the highest paid QB in the league.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Every indication is Son doesn’t have the same need to be face of the franchise nor a celebrity football guy.

And assuming he’ll share ownership equally with his two siblings will be held accountable by them.

I expect him to assume the Pres position and hire GM who they can hold feet to the fire. Stephen will still oversee football operations.

This doesn’t mean it will be better but at least more normal.
I hope you are right. Hiring a GM likely means promoting McClay — which would explain why they throw money at him and have him basically handling a lot of the functions of the role already.

But SJ likely will be signing off on all decisions like he is now- and he has demonstrated that his focus is on cap management— not roster development.

I don’t see that changing after JJ leaves unfortunately

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You’d think after all of these years fans would have become numb to our helpless situation with Jethro. Nothing is going to change people until he’s gone.
I hate to break the news to you bro, but Jerry's idiot boy is just as bad (if now worse) than the old man.

See, at least Jerry (in his younger days) would spend money. Usually spent money on the wrong players, but he still spent money.

Cap boy is tighter than the skinny jeans our wives wear, LOL

So, its actually worse, Jerry's idiot boy is both incompetent and cheap.:laugh:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Several years ago Stephen said in an interview that he would be open to hiring a GM.
That gives me hope.
Neither Jerry or Stephen have the skillset to be NFL GMs.
Jerry has really hamstrung this franchise.
9.5 years of Garrett?????
It's indefensible.
GM or no GM if he is in charge it will not work .Cap Boy does not know how to run the team.

Reaction score
I guess we lean on the old adage “even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then” to try and find a little hope— but man, when it comes to trying to find any kind of hope for playoff success— we are in a really, really dark hole
there's part of me that agrees with avoiding the rollercoaster and keeping a team "good" while waiting for the planets to align and all the right pieces fall into place,,, but if the front office isn't willing or capable to make that last step then it's really not a Super Bowl strategy. The right pieces never fall into place when you're hoarding second tier players.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
The fan base including the blowhard in the video think you have to move on from Dak to show the Cowboys are serious about winning. How is moving on from a QB who won 12 games and was statistically better than any QB in the league last season AND who came in second for MVP going to make the Cowboys a better team? Unless you can replace Dak with a better QB, we’re not going to get better. Chances are we’ll get worse because who can the Cowboys get to QB the team in 2024 that’s as good or better than Dak AND who will sign at a reasonable price? Good luck with anyone coming up with a good answer for those questions. :thumbup: If you can’t come up with an intelligent response don’t bother responding.
Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to make forward progress. Likely 2024 looks worse without Dak, as you suggest. But it’s 2025-2030 I’m more worried about. Dak’s a dead end. I’d like to move on from him ASAP even if it means the team is not as good in the short term.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's ALL ABOUT JERRY
He won't share the glory with a real HC and a real QB.
Fortunately age has crept
Into the picture. I think Zimmer is a guy given the resources and a QB he can get it done. Either it's Lance or next years 1st round QB, Jerry is giving up a bit.