Video: Not Serious Team

Mannix

Reaction score
Agreed. Getting embarrassed is the only thing that might shame Jerry into real, fundamental change but I'm 99% sure he will continue making every football decision until his son Giggles takes over (and then Spaulding lol).
It’s Chuckles

Big_D

Reaction score
Total BS. The Cowboys win a lot. Just have playoff woes. People way overstate the case. Andy Jerry wants to win more than any fan. He just doesn’t know how.

I never will understand those who question Jerry’s desire to win simply because the team fails in the playoffs. You think the Lions owners don’t care about winning? Every NFL owner wants to win. And every year, 31 owners fail.

Does it mean they don’t care? This is such lazy and self-entitled BS from fans.
When you continuously scapegoat everyone else but the actual problem, you don’t want to win that bad. Does the owner and his dumbazz kid completely run the show in Detroit. Other teams make legit changes, there is most certainly a difference compared to what’s been happening with this team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just waiting on some genius to say we should give Carl-lott a chance. sheesh. smh

carlott-2.jpg

Staubacher

Reaction score
he is what he is. a QB that needs help to win. end of story. you want elite? he is not. so what's your point? Purdy isn't elite, but he made it to the superbowl with a strong surronding cast and a great coach. Hurts made it to the superbowl with a strong cast around him. it has been done. it can be done.
You do realize that "strong supporting cast" that Purdy and Hurts benefit from is a direct result of neither being the massive cap hit that Dak is??

And Dak has had plenty of talent surrounding him throughout his career.
He just fails that's it.

We can get plenty of "can win" QBs for far less than Chokecott

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
there's part of me that agrees with avoiding the rollercoaster and keeping a team "good" while waiting for the planets to align and all the right pieces fall into place,,, but if the front office isn't willing or capable to make that last step then it's really not a Super Bowl strategy. The right pieces never fall into place when you're hoarding second tier players.
The FO is stuck in their ways. They over-value their own players, over-pay to sign their own guys, avoid spending any real dollars in FA, and sell players returning from injury, rookie contributions, and players they resign as “additions” and reasons to hope in a different outcome each year.

They are freeing up money to extend Dak and that move will be hailed as their big “addition” this offseason and the “biggest piece of the puzzle to figure out”

Then they will hype up Diggs and Overshown’s return from injury as “additions” and they will talk up guys like Hoffman and Waletzko as legit players and reasons they felt they could let Tyon and Biadasz walk away (I am not a huge fan of Biadasz, but I doubt they sign an adequate replacement and bet they go cheap there and count on Hoffman stepping up)

They may add a vet FA LBer like Kendricks— but no one that will really move the needle. They will of course get excited about this year’s draft haul while reminding us all about how Mazi and Schoonmaker and Eric Scott Jr are all destined to contribute in big ways this year.

It is laughable at how predictable it all is at this point.

We are looking at a 9-8 season and likely a new coaching staff in 2025 that they will then hype up as “the answer “ McCarthy never was.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You do realize that "strong supporting cast" that Purdy and Hurts benefit from is a direct result of neither being the massive cap hit that Dak is??

He just fails that's it.

Really? Are we doing this stupid meaningless cap thing again? You know we had 20M on the cap 2 years ago after Cooper trade and dead cap? We had 15M on the cap last year after Diggs contract and giving Martin more money.

And tell us why and who we wanted to sign and couldn't? How many large contracts does a team.have? Are you advocating to build a team through FA? Who was available, how much they cost and is that spell championship.

BTW there are 16 QBs in NFL that make 30M or more. It's the NFL QB market. Don't like it? Switch to NBA

Seriously people if you don't understand cap management don't talk about it. It makes you look utterly stupid

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

He just fails that's it.

As in surrounding talent...

Are you comparing SF DL to Dallas? Mazi Smith, Hankins vs....

Are you comparing our LBs to SF? Are you comparing Schultz and Fergi to Kittle? McCaffreey to Pollard? SF had more talent. And more physical.

And to top it off, they have better culture than Cowboys who are run like a merchandise machine.

And Dak sucks. He is what he is. What are you crying about? What is your complaint? Want an elite QB. Get one. Go out and get a elite QB. Why not. Let's do it. Come on. Let's get an elite QB. Where do you want to start? FA? Draft?

Who is the elite QB in FA Let's go sign him.

Put your name next to this years crop of QBs who are elite.

Else stop whining and complaining. Or get a pad

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm glad some of you are starting to see this. Now if we can stop blaming it all on the players, we'll be cooking.
Please......... the players get some blame. Especially those who think the same as the idiot who said he was too tired to give a damn about a big playoff game.

calico

Reaction score
I am amazed that people are just now realizing this. When you can’t fire the people making the mistakes, then you get the same stale problems year after year.

Big_D

Reaction score
I am amazed that people are just now realizing this. When you can’t fire the people making the mistakes, then you get the same stale problems year after year.
They know, but some rather sweep it under the rug. It’s much easier to pretend there isn’t a problem! At least they really want to win! lol

Staubacher

Reaction score
Really? Are we doing this stupid meaningless cap thing again? You know we had 20M on the cap 2 years ago after Cooper trade and dead cap? We had 15M on the cap last year after Diggs contract and giving Martin more money.

And tell us why and who we wanted to sign and couldn't? How many large contracts does a team.have? Are you advocating to build a team through FA? Who was available, how much they cost and is that spell championship.

BTW there are 16 QBs in NFL that make 30M or more. It's the NFL QB market. Don't like it? Switch to NBA

Seriously people if you don't understand cap management don't talk about it. It makes you look utterly stupid
Name calling was supposed to stop. You compared Dak to 2 guys who are making almost nothing compared to him.
You're not more understanding because you're dancing around it.
Stop the name calling. I hope the mods will be consistent in enforcing policy.

Staubacher

Reaction score
As in surrounding talent...

Are you comparing SF DL to Dallas? Mazi Smith, Hankins vs....

Are you comparing our LBs to SF? Are you comparing Schultz and Fergi to Kittle? McCaffreey to Pollard? SF had more talent. And more physical.

And to top it off, they have better culture than Cowboys who are run like a merchandise machine.

And Dak sucks. He is what he is. What are you crying about? What is your complaint? Want an elite QB. Get one. Go out and get a elite QB. Why not. Let's do it. Come on. Let's get an elite QB. Where do you want to start? FA? Draft?

Who is the elite QB in FA Let's go sign him.

Put your name next to this years crop of QBs who are elite.

Else stop whining and complaining. Or get a pad
Go freak out somewhere else dude. I made a cogent point based on your less than informed post. Go yell at clouds elsewhere

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Name calling was supposed to stop. You compared Dak to 2 guys who are making almost nothing compared to him.
You're not more understanding because you're dancing around it.
Stop the name calling. I hope the mods will be consistent in enforcing policy.
Again, money and contracts haven't stopped us from.signing our own players or FAs. So what's the point of mentioning salary?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Go freak out somewhere else dude. I made a cogent point based on your less than informed post. Go yell at clouds elsewhere
You made no point except make up stuff to support your assumptions.

End of story. Go back to the fantasy world you came from. All these yahoo fantasy football generation!!!!!