Video: Not Serious Team

Sully

Reaction score
"You can't do nothing"
Sure they can. Puts the ball in Dak's court. If he's smart, he'll demand a trade instead of put a year of bad tape out.
Draft a QB. Let him compete with Lance. If Lance wins, use his legs, which are effective.
Wouldn't that be a more interesting season than watching Lame Duck Dak lose on a cap depleted team?
If Dak is smart, he would want to get out of Dallas a year early. He will demand to be paid as a Top 5 QB, which will hinder the team to do much other than extend Lamb/Parsons and not much else. Because those player will also want to be paid as a Top 5 player in their positions. So trade Dak, Lamb and Parsons. Get a boat load of draft picks and from this point further, do not get stuck in cap hell. When a player wants a ransom, trade him a year early for get several draft picks for the player. Sure, you might not get that "superstar/jersey seller" but you will continue to stay young as a team, have good depth behind the starters, then not forced to go FA route to fill holes. Sure, you might add a piece here or there but that would be the expectation. Imagine having (2) 1st round and second picks, most seasons because you traded away a Lamb/Parsons. Don't have to pay that high contract demands and have 2-3 good/above average players instead of the superstar. Injuries always happen so the depth is important

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Ive long since adjusted my expectations. Yet I still get upset at early exits.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Been saying this for years. The Cowboys as a franchise are not interested in football. It's about brand maintenance that is all. Hell we live in an era where the franchise is known for it's cheerleaders, stadium and general circus hype.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to make forward progress. Likely 2024 looks worse without Dak, as you suggest. But it’s 2025-2030 I’m more worried about. Dak’s a dead end. I’d like to move on from him ASAP even if it means the team is not as good in the short term.
We would likely be taking a huge step back next season and possibly beyond moving on from Dak. There’s a big gap between him and what we have behind him and the QBs that would be available on the street.. If you’re going to be taking a step back by changing QBs you’re making a mistake. If you’re making the right decision you should be taking a step forward changing QBs. You should see improvement, not regression.

reddyuta

Reaction score
ever since Stephen took over signings they are not serious team.drafting injured players,paying Injured players to get a discount and sitting out FA are just some of the symptoms.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ive long since adjusted my expectations. Yet I still get upset at early exits.
I don't even get upset. This year the moment the game started I knew they were going to lose. After that it just became about what the final score was going to be.

bewp7

Reaction score
So in your opinion other than elite QBs no QB should ever get paid? And teams should just move on?
they can but i do not want my team to over pay mid qb because of how much they get

unless u draft really really really good then it is what ever if u have a ton of talent on rookie deal

the only qb who u should ever pay big $$$ is the one who can actully ELEVATE every one around them (they is rare but true franchise qb)

if u pay some one 20% of the entire salary cap who depend on every one else around him to lift him up (not naming any name here) then u are stuck and also not smart at football or roster building (jerry & stephen)

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agreed. Getting embarrassed is the only thing that might shame Jerry into real, fundamental change but I'm 99% sure he will continue making every football decision until his son Giggles takes over (and then Spaulding lol).
GM Jeruh is distracted with a paternity test.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You left off the art gallery and monster truck rally's. And this summer he's hosting a Tyson fight against that loser wanna be Jake Paul. All of this is more important than football and winning games.
That’s part of making money. The number 1 priority.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The fan base including the blowhard in the video think you have to move on from Dak to show the Cowboys are serious about winning. How is moving on from a QB who won 12 games and was statistically better than any QB in the league last season AND who came in second for MVP going to make the Cowboys a better team? Unless you can replace Dak with a better QB, we’re not going to get better. Chances are we’ll get worse because who can the Cowboys get to QB the team in 2024 that’s as good or better than Dak AND who will sign at a reasonable price? Good luck with anyone coming up with a good answer for those questions. :thumbup: If you can’t come up with an intelligent response don’t bother responding.
Downey is Dak guy. He doesn’t want to move on from him. He questions why the Cowboys have not given Dak the extension.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Downey is Dak guy. He doesn’t want to move on from him. He questions why the Cowboys have not given Dak the extension.
I never heard of him. He sounds like the typical fast talking blowhard idiot we’re seeing more of on social media. His says the Cowboys aren’t serious about winning football games in the way we want them to be. The fans want the Cowboys to move on from Dak. That’s how the fans think the team will show they’re serious about winning football games. :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So in your opinion other than elite QBs no QB should ever get paid? And teams should just move on?
Pretty much.

If your goal is to wins a Super Bowl I’d focus on the team and not overpaying QB’s.

If you pay Dak you’re basically forfeiting any chance at a title.