Not the game I wanted; GB is a tough matchup

perrykemp

Reaction score
They also got emberrased by the saints and seahawks. Teams that the Cowboys beat.

And Rodgers threw 6 TDs in the 1st half against the Eagles before taking the rest of the day off where-as Romo threw 3 TDs and 2 Ints in his two games against the Eagles.

These teams are so closely matched up schedule wise, statistically, etc -- you name it that almost any point for one team can be counter-pointed. It's really quite amazing.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
so is there any way GB can win the game on their own? Or will they only win if Dallas plays poorly? Can GB play great on offense or defense or will it only be because Dallas does not do well on offense or defense. I would say that if both teams play their absolute best game GB wins by a TD. Say what you want about their defense but since the bye week they have actually played very well. No RB has gained a hundred yards on them. Passer ratings against them have been down significantly at home. Rodgers knows the Marinelli defense as well as any QB in football. Played it against Lovies Bears twice a year for several years and beat them in Chicago for the championship game. The QBs that give GB trouble are the guys that can run. Packers don't have to worry about Romo taking off. Should be a very good game. 23 degrees on Sunday is a heat wave. Players can play through that with no problem. I expect GB to come out and play fast. it is what they do. Lacy will be a huge factor. Murray will not run for a hundred yards. GB wins 31-24. This game will "pump! You up!!"

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Your whining and moving of goal posts is wearing thin...next you will say this does not count and move the posts again. I have ALREADY said Good QB in Brady...who is the New England QB in case you missed it.

Dallas is #2 in Rushing yards with 2,354
New England is # 18 in Rushing yards with 1,727

I said they have not faced an offense as balanced as ours...which would including RUSHING THE BALL.

Now say something smart and move the goal posts again.
Just keep being skeered about the matchup.

No crap we have a better rushing attack but their offense is more dangerous than ours with GRONK and brady is much better than romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe it is unlikely that Carolina beats Seattle and that the Colts make the Super Bowl. Thanks for turning me around on this one.

No one is going to turn you, me or anyone else around here. Once someone has an opinion they stay with it until proven wrong. Some are so stubborn that even when they're proven wrong they won't change their opinion. I was on a board years ago that had a poster who should have changed his username to "Flip Flop" because his opinions would change every other day.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No crap we have a better rushing attack but their offense is more dangerous than ours with GRONK and brady is much better than romo.

How old are you? Nevermind...I see you are a youngster.

I already SAID QB AND BRADY. That would mean in the PASSING GAME.

Seriously...good grief.

Green Bay has not faced a balanced offense as good as ours...FACT!

It does not mean we will beat them. We have beat other teams they have lost to...it means nothing until they play the game but if you want to be skeered and worried about the matchup and complain about it...so be it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seattle is a game I would much prefer than Green Bay...Russell Wilson ain't Aaron Rodgers...not even close...not passing from the pocket. I imagine Dallas ain't the team they wanted to see either, so I guess it works both ways. The riddles that Marinelli conjures up for Rodgers must be better than what Belichick threw at him. NE got no pressure on him but they still held them to 26 points...their offense just didn't have enough cylinders to finish the job. Marinelli vs. Rodgers...that is a key match-up...likely the most important one. Rodgers won't be 100% so that might be "some" consolation...might make it easier to sack him.

Seattle has a better defense than Green Bay so there is a trade-off.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
both those games are on the road, GB is a different animal at home. Look at their stast at home compared to the road, its an insane contrast.

Not in Jan they are not. Lions game Rodgers threw for 229 the key was Lacy had a big day. So sick of hearing about Lambuea it is not a great stadium for a passing team come the dead of winter. Rodgers and the pack have not done great in GB in post season their last trip to the SB came with them playing on the road not in winter conditions

perrykemp

Reaction score
Not in Jan they are not. Lions game Rodgers threw for 229 the key was Lacy had a big day. So sick of hearing about Lambuea it is not a great stadium for a passing team come the dead of winter. Rodgers and the pack have not done great in GB in post season their last trip to the SB came with them playing on the road not in winter conditions

All true. Their passing game has been average, at best, in Lambeau the last 3 years in the playoffs.

It's the reason why I suspect they've invested so heavily in finally have a top notch OL and a nice stable of RBs. Thompson recognized that the team wasn't going to win another Superbowl relying solely on Rodger's arm.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score

lol Rdogers missed a quarter and a half last game, they played one bad game agaisnt the giants at home. Last year rodgers was hurt all year and obviously wasn't healhty against the 49ers.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
This is the perfect matchup. Fans who weren't born during the Ice Bowl can relive it Sunday.

We have two elements working for us. The media is overshadowing yesterday's performance based off one play and that has to piss our team off. The other element is we're going to be heavy underdogs which leaves the pressure on GB to win in their own house.

Our young team will benefit from this post season experience moving forward. There isn't a single team alive that is not unbeatable. Our level of resiliency will carry us a long way. Bring on GB!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Packers are relatively healthy this playoff run compared to the last two or three years when they were having Dlinemen pose as linebackers. That goes a long way. The safety position is also a strength this year instead of a weakness.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lol Rdogers missed a quarter and a half last game, they played one bad game agaisnt the giants at home. Last year rodgers was hurt all year and obviously wasn't healhty against the 49ers.

give me your excuses fact is in post season in GB they have not faired well, they are a great team on a fast track their passing attack in not near what it is outside of GB in the dead of winter. As I said I would rather face them at GB than ATT

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
give me your excuses fact is in post season in GB they have not faired well, they are a great team on a fast track their passing attack in not near what it is outside of GB in the dead of winter. As I said I would rather face them at GB than ATT

yeah bc playing in freezing temperatures favors us, even though we never play in it.

NickZepp

Reaction score
It's the playoffs, every game is a tough match up. Just enjoy the games for what they are, we may not even be in another playoff game for a while.

BTW I don't want to face Seattle right now either. They are much better than the team we beat earlier this year. They realized they are Marshawn Lynch's team on offense and are playing much better on defense. That game won't be easy either. The Cowboys have the toughest road to the Super Bowl of anyone.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yeah bc playing in freezing temperatures favors us, even though we never play in it.

GB players do not face that on a reg basis, most of the season the temps are not 18 degrees. Frankly Dallas style of ball does favor the colder weather it is a big physical OL with a power running game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They also got emberrased by the saints and seahawks. Teams that the Cowboys beat.

Those losses happened on the road not at Lambeau. They've been the most dominate team at home this season even more so than Seattle last season. The Packers are undefeated at Lambeau this season scoring over 50 points in back to back games vs Chicago and Philly. They had 2 other games at Lambeau where they scored over 40 points. Although the Cowboys are unbeaten on the road this season it took some great comebacks vs St Louis and the Giants to remain undefeated. The Cowboys have never beaten the Packers at Lambeau during the playoffs. If Rodgers is on his game the Cowboys D will get shredded and the Packers will win by at least 2 scores.

Rodgers doesn't appear 100% with his calf so if the Cowboys D can apply some pressure on him forcing him to move around it could lead to an off game giving the Cowboys a chance. It's going to take an off game by Rodgers for the Cowboys to win. Lacey is a load he ran through the Cowboys defense last season for 141 yards. The Cowboys don't match up well with the Packers which allowed an average QB like Matt Flynn to toss 4 TD's against our D last season. A hot Aaron Rodgers will doom the Cowboys next Sunday. If they fall behind by 14 to Green Bay like they did Detroit yesterday the Packers will win going away.