Now More Sources Coming out About Romo's Play

Dcz84

Reaction score
Terrell Owens said he doesn't want to create controversy.

Yet that's what three meetings Owens, Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams had with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett may have done.

The three wideouts met with Garrett at Valley Ranch on Monday to voice their concerns about the offense.

Each receiver talked about the quality and number of throws they receive. They also discussed the number of passes quarterback Tony Romo has thrown to tight end Jason Witten.

Multiple sources also said several players are upset with Romo's practice habits, which they say include forcing throws to Witten and throwing interceptions.

This would seem about right, he really has no timing with any of the other WR's and even has said he does'nt trust some of them to be where there supposed to be. Hey Tony ya got guys running wide open all over the place but you would rather throw to witten cause you trust him? Ya well how did that work out last week.
I'm sure since Tony's poop dont stink no 1 will care.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I dont think he is "purposely" throwing more passes to Witten.

This has been developing for some time, even back into late last season. For whatever reason he doesnt seem to be seeing the entire field as well as he once did. He has been missing the open guys for awhile now. There's tons of passes one can find on film where he has thrown to the wrong guy.

He forces alot of balls to Owens too, and many of those end up getting picked. On most of them you can easily see other options he should have gone to.

The WR's re-watch the game tape too, its very easy to see.

Tobal

Reaction score
Troy was the most untrusting QB I ever saw play the game, he'd never throw it to the new guys.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Tobal;2483354 said:
Troy was the most untrusting QB I ever saw play the game, he'd never throw it to the new guys.

Little different with him. His new guys were such elite's as Billy Davis, Stepfret Williams, Ed Hervey, Eric Bjorson and Deion Sanders.

He went from having a realyl quality receiving corps for most of his early career (Irvin, Novecek, Harper, K-Mart) to lousy for almost all the 2nd half of his career.

Dcz84

Reaction score
dbair1967;2483353 said:

This has been developing for some time, even back into late last season. For whatever reason he doesnt seem to be seeing the entire field as well as he once did. He has been missing the open guys for awhile now. There's tons of passes one can find on film where he has thrown to the wrong guy.

He forces alot of balls to Owens too, and many of those end up getting picked. On most of them you can easily see other options he should have gone to.

Good point agree 100%, which i think is leading to him throwing the ball more to Witten or looking his way as the first option, which if that is the case it needs to be fixed.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What did I do to deserve this so early in the morning?

Yes, Romo needs to hit the other guys more but to make it seem like some controversy is just plain ridiculous. That's part of the development of a QB, this is his THIRD year as a starter.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with poor oline play. Romo's not getting the time he needs to get the ball where it's supposed to go so he checks down to Witten. It isn't the case all the time but I'd say the majority of the time..

arync

Reaction score
I think the receivers have a legitimate concern. Crayton can't have more than 30 catches this year and a couple of games he hasn't caught a pass. Roy gets 3 catches every game but none of his balls produce big plays. Romo isn't looking at the entire field. He never even looked in TO's direction on that pick 6

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2483369 said:
I think it has more to do with poor oline play. Romo's not getting the time he needs to get the ball where it's supposed to go so he checks down to Witten. It isn't the case all the time but I'd say the majority of the time..

:hammer:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

I think that might have been the case in a couple of games before he got hurt (like Arizona), but more often than not he has plenty of time. I didnt see him under much pressure at all on any of those 3 picks last week. There was none on him in the Seattle game when he inexplicably threw a long ball into tight double coverage to Owens resulting in an easy int. He wasnt pressured on either of those picks in the Wash game.

I dont know what his progressions are supposed to be (none of us do) but its very easy to see numerous plays per game where he throws to a guy who might be tightly covered instead of he guy running wide open elsewhere. The WR's do know what his progressions should be though, and when they rewatch film they probably see even more examples than we do of plays where TR misread the play.

goshan

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I don't think it is Oline.
The Oline did a very good job against Pitt. He has to make better decisions.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
goshan;2483393 said:
Sorry guys, I don't think it is Oline.
The Oline did a very good job against Pitt. He has to make better decisions.

I agree 100%

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2483353 said:

I think the problem is that everyone, mostly TO is begging for the ball so much that it is taking Romo's play out of the game. Last year, Romo threw to the open guy and it happened to be TO. Now Romo is forcing alot of balls to TO because of his . Coaches should just sit them all down and say Romo should just throw to whoever is open, if you don't like it, get open more often or leave the team.

SilberBlau

Reaction score
So offensive players talk to the offensive coordinator. Whats the big deal? They should do that all the time. I'd hate to see smiling faces on the ranch after a loss. Come on, the season is on the line on the sunday, they should do anything to work on the game plan. No one would mention this on another team than Dallas.
On the other hand, if those freaking jounalist have to make up their stories out of totally normal things and juice them with anonymous sources, that's basically admitting that everythings fine.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
RW Hitman;2483400 said:
I think the problem is that everyone, mostly TO is begging for the ball so much that it is taking Romo's play out of the game. Last year, Romo threw to the open guy and it happened to be TO. Now Romo is forcing alot of balls to TO because of his . Coaches should just sit them all down and say Romo should just throw to whoever is open, if you don't like it, get open more often or leave the team.

What's funny is yesterday Adam did a great job of breaking down balls thrown to who ever last season and balls thrown to who ever this season.

If I read it right there really isn't a difference from then and now.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
You don't put up the numbers Romo has put up by not reading defenses correctly or just forcing throws to Witten. This has got to be the most ridiculous crap that we've heard this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winner winner chicken dinner.