Now More Sources Coming out About Romo's Play

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ozzu;2483407 said:
You don't put up the numbers Romo has put up by not reading defenses correctly or just forcing throws to Witten. This has got to be the most ridiculous crap that we've heard this year.
Oh I don't know about that. Yesterday we heard that Tony has to explain the plays to everyone in detail in the huddle because they don't know their assignments. We've previously heard that Jason Garrett doesn't know how to manage a game despite the fact that he is 21-9 doing it. Jerry has no football credibility despite 20 years as a General Manager.

I think the more ridiculous the comments the more some people swallow it like a catfish swallowing bait.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is hilarious. Owens caught 7 for over 200 and a TD against the Niners, then he followed that up with 5 for 98 and a TD against Seattle, and now, cause they had a bad game in Pittsburgh, it's because Tony is trying to throw to Witten too much?

I love Owens. I do. Great ball player. I can understand a certain level of frustration but COME ON. You just had two great games out of the last three and now you're going to complain that Witten is getting too many looks?

I can see why maybe Williams or Crayton would be upset cause they don't seem to get anything at all.

This might be a case of WAY too many playmakers in that offense making it impossible to keep them all happy enough to keep the machine running smoothly.

I hope not, and I certainly think it's capable of being great because it's been great before, but this kind of stuff leads to issues.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dcz84;2483360 said:
Good point agree 100%, which i think is leading to him throwing the ball more to Witten or looking his way as the first option, which if that is the case it needs to be fixed.

I am a bit confused though.

Who is he forcing the ball to? Witten or Owens? I hear both.

I think when he has several open options, he is going to get it to Witten. He's more confortable throwing over the middle and the type of routes Jason runs. And let's be brutally honest here. If you had to make one pass to win a game and had to pick amongst the four targets in question, who do you believe would have the best chance to not only be where he is supposed to be but also catch the ball? The answer is obvious.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2483480 said:
And let's be brutally honest here. If you had to make one pass to win a game and had to pick amongst the four targets in question, who do you believe would have the best chance to not only be where he is supposed to be but also catch the ball? The answer is obvious.

Crayton?

newlander

Reaction score
Yeagermeister stole my post: the oline is still subpar. I've been ALL OVER MR. Romo this week, but I don't buy the "he won't distribute the ball" theory. He doesn't have time to distribute the ball because he's scrambling out of trouble CONSTANTLY.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dcz84;2483352 said:
Each receiver talked about the quality and number of throws they receive. They also discussed the number of passes quarterback Tony Romo has thrown to tight end Jason Witten.

Multiple sources also said several players are upset with Romo's practice habits, which they say include forcing throws to Witten and throwing interceptions.

This would seem about right, he really has no timing with any of the other WR's and even has said he does'nt trust some of them to be where there supposed to be. Hey Tony ya got guys running wide open all over the place but you would rather throw to witten cause you trust him? Ya well how did that work out last week.
I'm sure since Tony's poop dont stink no 1 will care.

What's even the source of this? The WRs are upset with Tony's practice habits? Because he forces the ball to Witten in practice? What?

Your last sentence shows where your loyalties obviously lie. To the great TO, who is always open and in the last decade plus can't find a QB worthy of playing with him. :rolleyes:

The people who think Romo stinks because of a bad game in horrible winter weather really need to get a grip. Without him, we'd be sunk.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483497 said:
What's even the source of this? The WRs are upset with Tony's practice habits? Because he forces the ball to Witten in practice? What?

Your last sentence shows where your loyalties obviously lie. To the great TO, who is always open and in the last decade plus can't find a QB worthy of playing with him. :rolleyes:

The people who think Romo stinks because of a bad game in horrible winter weather really need to get a grip. Without him, we'd be sunk.

It amazes me how some people have forgotten how long it took to find a legit QB. No he's not perfect and he needs to work some things out.
But so far he has done all the right things when it comes to work ethics and being a team guy. Now if he would just stop dating.:rolleyes:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483517 said:
It amazes me how some people have forgotten how long it took to find a legit QB. No he's not perfect and he needs to work some things out.
But so far he has done all the right things when it comes to work ethics and being a team guy. Now if he would just stop dating.:rolleyes:

I just flat don't get it. The guy is literally a top 3 QB in the NFL and was leading the league in passer rating and had a roughly 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio going into the Steeler game, has a bad game, and now he's got a laundry list of problems?

Every QB can improve on something, but to act like he's the source of all our offensive woes is ridiculous.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483497 said:
The people who think Romo stinks because of a bad game in horrible winter weather really need to get a grip.

This needs repeated over and over again.

Unless you've been there, done that, I don't think people realize how much the extreme cold weather effects broken fingers. I'd bet that Romo had more pain/less use of his pinkie Sunday in Pittsburgh than he did in any other game he's played.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If you think about it all this stuff coming to a head now is the best thing that can happen. Kinda like make up sex with your so...

28-10 Dallas:starspin

JWitten

Reaction score
You don't suppose any of this trust issue has to do with the fact that TO has a tendancy to give up on a play awful early. Breaking off routes, pulling up early....

I can't look it up right (not sure which team) now but a couple of weeks ago Romo threw a deep ball over the middle to the endzone to TO. He was double covered and pulled up as the ball was just getting there and it ended up being intercepted. TO then tackled the guy in the endzone. That is just an example of what has been happening all season with TO.

Now if you are late in a game who you going to throw it to? The guy that will run through a wall to catch a pass...or the guy that may or may not run the route at full speed?

Gee let me think about that one for a minute???

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JWitten;2483755 said:
You don't suppose any of this trust issue has to do with the fact that TO has a tendancy to give up on a play awful early. Breaking off routes, pulling up early....

I can't look it up right (not sure which team) now but a couple of weeks ago Romo threw a deep ball over the middle to the endzone to TO. He was double covered and pulled up as the ball was just getting there and it ended up being intercepted. TO then tackled the guy in the endzone. That is just an example of what has been happening all season with TO.

Now if you are late in a game who you going to throw it to? The guy that will run through a wall to catch a pass...or the guy that may or may not run the route at full speed?

Gee let me think about that one for a minute???

I agree TO tends not to go strong to the ball as Irvin did when he was in Dallas. If the ball is not right there TO does not make a big effort to go get the ball.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Alexander;2483480 said:
I am a bit confused though.

Who is he forcing the ball to? Witten or Owens? I hear both.

I think when he has several open options, he is going to get it to Witten. He's more confortable throwing over the middle and the type of routes Jason runs. And let's be brutally honest here. If you had to make one pass to win a game and had to pick amongst the four targets in question, who do you believe would have the best chance to not only be where he is supposed to be but also catch the ball? The answer is obvious.
It used to be obvious. For some reason Witten has become a little less reliable in the hands and route running areas this year, but it's probably just symptomatic of the way the season has gone.