News: Now this is how you handle malcontents who don’t honor the contract they signed

JBond

Reaction score
WE? Who is we?

dude you have over 7000 post and only about 700 anyone found even remotely interesting.

I’m surprised you are not so embarrassed that you start over with a new screen name. I mean ******** son.

I mean how does that even happen?
Lol. I have been posting with many of these folks for over 20 years. Long before self centered egocentric kids needed likes for validation. Another fail by you.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Any idea how much Jerry is making per week? He doesn’t even have to suffer brain damage making his.

why are we looking past the billionaires while attacking the millionaires.
I'm definitely not looking past the billionaires, just trying to keep things in perspective as far as the numbers they are haggling over that is unobtainable to the average Joe in their lifetimes. I get the owners are making ridiculous amounts compared to the players, but you have to remember that they didn't amass the billion(s) they are currently worth from just being an NFL owner. A lot of them were already in the top .005% before they even became owners. I am by no means defending the super wealthy, but you have remember that they have to work within a salary cap and what they decide to pay a player affects the rest of the roster. If their wasn't a salary cap, I'd be with you a 100%.

Sydla

Reaction score
You didn’t say anything meaningful. What is silly is posters making the argument that Zeke agreed to these rules...like he had a real choice.

He agreed to the rules when he joined the NFLPA and signed his rookie deal.

It doesn't matter that he didn't initially agree to the rules when the CBA was crafted. When he signed his official membership to the NFLPA and signed his contract, he in fact, agreed to the rules of the CBA.

Those are just facts that you can't refute.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm definitely not looking past the billionaires, just trying to keep things in perspective as far as the numbers they are haggling over that is unobtainable to the average Joe in their lifetimes. I get the owners are making ridiculous amounts compared to the players, but you have to remember that they didn't amass the billion(s) they are currently worth from just being an NFL owner. A lot of them were already in the top .005% before they even became owners. I am by no means defending the super wealthy, but you have remember that they have to work within a salary cap and what they decide to pay a player affects the rest of the roster. If their wasn't a salary cap, I'd be with you a 100%.
Nice. A grown up response.

superonyx

Reaction score
He agreed to the rules when he joined the NFLPA and signed his rookie deal.

It doesn't matter that he didn't initially agree to the rules when the CBA was crafted. When he signed his official membership to the NFLPA and signed his contract, he in fact, agreed to the rules of the CBA.

Those are just facts that you can't refute.
Those are the facts no one is trying to refute.

This is about people trying to beat him over the head with something he really had nothing to do with that he had little choice but join.

He isn’t the first hold out and won’t be the last.
Its a real thing that does happen. Why people here pretend a player has no right to do it is bizarre.

JBond

Reaction score
Those are the facts no one is trying to refute.

This is about people trying to beat him over the head with something he really had nothing to do with that he had little choice but join.

He isn’t the first hold out and won’t be the last.
Its a real thing that does happen. Why people here pretend a player has no right to do it is bizarre.
He did not have to join. The NFL is not slavery, despite your position.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again. The "honor the contract" thing is total garbage.

For example, we signed Hurns to a two year 12 mill deal. We cut him after a year.

Yet no one is crying about how the team didn't honor the contract.
what we still responsible for paying that contract though

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

If you have read any of my posts on the subject, I have been saying this all along. We made him a great offer two years earlier than we had to. When he turned that down, I would have done exactly as the Chargers are. I would have given him an ultimatum on reporting, and once that was past I would have rescinded the offer and advised him that we were not going to consider redoing his deal until his existing contract was completed.

Only way this would work is if they will stick to their guns in regard to no longer negotiating.

Praxit

Reaction score
..hopefully, Jerry gets the memo. Might be to late.

superonyx

Reaction score
Lol. On your knees boy... paraphrasing your words, not mine. I will not forget your stupidity in this thread.

Clown.
My shots clearly landed and stung you.

You should learn from this and find a way to be less forgettable.

I see you got 1 like out of your 20 post. That’s an improvement over your normal forgettable ramblings.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Are you sure. Then someone took the contract over. Either way it's a bad analogy

His 2019 salary was not guaranteed. He was set to make 4 mill in salary and we released him. No one takes over a vetetan's contract. He immediately became a free agent.

It isn't a bad analogy. Really, it more suggests you don't understand NFL contracts.

jnday

Reaction score
Again. The "honor the contract" thing is total garbage.

For example, we signed Hurns to a two year 12 mill deal. We cut him after a year.

Yet no one is crying about how the team didn't honor the contract.
Big difference. Jerry did honor the contract . The contract has stipulations that Jerry had to follow if he cut them and he did follow those. The players have totally different stipulations and they also understand the team’s position when they sign the contract. It may not seem fair , but it is the way things are done.