News: Now this is how you handle malcontents who don’t honor the contract they signed

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They don't give a hoot about the players. They want to see their favorite uniforms win on Sunday.
Yep. So why should the players care anything about what the fans think especially when it comes to their money? Fans will cheer no matter who's playing on the team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To clarify. That is how you handle a player you have decided you no longer want to sign long term because that approach basically severed the relationship. You can’t do that with a player you still want to re-sign. I don’t think Jerry ever got to that point with Zeke. If and when he does, he would do something very similar. It’s all you really can do at that point.
Didn't they offer Gordon $10M?

ghst187

Reaction score
That's kool but Gordon has a leg to stand on. He isn't doing it after 3 years. But yeah if he is under contract then play or lose money and sit..

Great point, and also Gordon is barely more than a JAG at an undervalued position.
Right now, Shady McCoy is even available and he’s better and cheaper

glimmerman

Reaction score
Great point, and also Gordon is barely more than a JAG at an undervalued position.
Right now, Shady McCoy is even available and he’s better and cheaper
This is going to start backfiring on these players.

JayFord

Reaction score
Telesco straight up told that man don’t ask me for no money play or find someone else to play

That’s ruthless

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Damn. 330k a week. It would take me years to amass that much income. Add to the fact that his pay is modest compared to others. I get that the average career of a professional athlete is short, but compared to the average working stiff, it's hard to sympathize.
Do you do something that only a small % ppl in the world can do. And do it at the highest level?

Sydla

Reaction score
Once again we are going to see the dysfunction of this front office on full display by tomorrow or Tuesday when they sign Elliott to a massive deal, maybe larger than Gurley's, literally days after Jerry essentially says you don't need an elite back to win SBs.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The way fans side with teams on this issue instead of the players is so, so backwards.

Players have gotten too uppity now. When they made comparable salaries they were easier to look down on. Now, not so much. So some people get happy to see a player get less so they can feel the player was denied what they wanted. Small victory for small egos. Lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Chargers aren't winning squat without Gordon. That said, he should handle his business in season...not like this. On the flip side, the Spanos Family is notoriously cheap and unwilling to sign top notch talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Once again we are going to see the dysfunction of this front office on full display by tomorrow or Tuesday when they sign Elliott to a massive deal, maybe larger than Gurley's, literally days after Jerry essentially says you don't need an elite back to win SBs.
I think its the same deal Jerry already had on the table when Zeke was in Cabo. Jerry didn't cave..ZEKE likely did. I doubt the money is any different than before.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Players do have a right to hold out. Did Luck not have a right to walk away?

These contracts have termination clauses and penalties for the player not performing. Teams can go after part of signing bonus if player doesn’t play.

Why are we acting like a contract enslaves a person.

this is getting dumb.
:hammer:

true its like all the college and pro coaches who walk away and go find better jobs, the better paying jobs pay the fine for breaking the contracts, yet thes hypocrites dont like their players transferring out and fight to keep them, won't let them transfer unless they meet certain criteria..

Zeke had right o ask for new deal after 3 seasons, he held out to get one but not missing real games, is not true holdout as he would have got squat done in the PS anyway.. did Amari and Tank play preseason.? no..why fan worry about this bs is beyond me... its not your money!! get over it.. If hes on the team you cheer for and dont like it, move on stop all the complaining already..