OC? DC? QB Coach? Who? When?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the kid 05;1383227 said:
man 87 was a great year, you served i was born...the stars were aligned that year :D

July to Dec of 87 sucked but the rest I enjoyed :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1383213 said:
I only got snippy when attacked, I'll try to have a thicker skin going forward. I do, however, feel I have backed up my points of view. I am opinionated, just like most here are, I do not feel superior to others here. I am passionate about the team and only want success. The Cowboys have been frustrating for a long time now. Thanks.
The problem with this PB is that you have told people to heed your opinions as if you are the know all and see all. All you need to do is search on your own posts and you'll find at least a half dozen examples just within the last week.

We're all passionate. We wouldn't spend time on a forum for the team unless we were.

Over the years I have been doing this I have found that those who feel they are getting "attacked" usually employ the same basic tactics. There delivery may change a little bit but the aim is still basically the same. They feel they are great assets because they stir stuff up. They complain when the stirring slops over onto them. They profess their superiority in some regard or other. When challenged they cannot or will not back it up.

Those that fit the pattern are quickly called trolls and the rank and file go after them. Not just this forum. Everywhere they go. It is a fact that I can back up using any forum you give me a URL to.

You haven't been "attacked" from where I sit. You've been challenged and you've ducked the challenges. That's just blood in the water for the circling sharks.

fortdick

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1383225 said:
Yup.....US Army 87 to 91

I went to Canada in 72. Spent the next three years clubbing baby harp seals in the winter and working on the pipeline in the summer. (There are only two season that far North) A Lousiville Slugger with a 6" spike works best. Little blood and you don't damage the fur if you catch them clean to the back of the head.

Gerald Ford let us all come home in 75. America's greatest President.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1383232 said:
July to Dec of 87 sucked but the rest I enjoyed :D

what happened july to dec boot camp?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;1383235 said:
I went to Canada in 72. Spent the next three years clubbing baby harp seals in the winter and working on the pipeline in the summer. (There are only two season that far North) A Lousiville Slugger with a 6" spike works best. Little blood and you don't damage the fur if you catch them clean to the back of the head.

Is that a story you're actually proud of?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the kid 05;1383241 said:
what happened july to dec boot camp?

Yes in the heat of the summer in South Carolina then on to San Antonio then to Alabama in the middle of winter without thermal undies.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Paris Island. Where men were men and the crocs were scared.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TheProphet;1383245 said:
Excellent. Let me thank you for your service to this great country.

Thanks I am proud I served. We have a lot of vets or members currently serving on the board.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;1383235 said:

Some of us actually served when called upon back then (with no regrets).

This is either a sad attempt at humor on your part or just sad actions you decided to take. Anyway, to each his own I suppose.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
TheProphet;1383270 said:
Some of us actually served when called upon back then (with no regrets).

This is either a sad attempt at humor on your part or just sad actions you decided to take. Anyway, to each his own I suppose.
I also served, this guy can't be serious. At least I hope not.

heavyg

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1383213 said:
I only got snippy when attacked, I'll try to have a thicker skin going forward. I do, however, feel I have backed up my points of view. I am opinionated, just like most here are, I do not feel superior to others here. I am passionate about the team and only want success. The Cowboys have been frustrating for a long time now. Thanks.

The only issue I have seen was your thread about having played football in order to have any cred. That being said I have played ball. It was only HS ball but I played. But I seen no bearing on wether or not a person has played football on if they can have an opinion on thier favorite team.

Lots of good folks post on this board. Step down off the high horse and look around. Its a tight nit group here.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
heavyg;1383367 said:
The only issue I have seen was your thread about having played football in order to have any cred. That being said I have played ball. It was only HS ball but I played. But I seen no bearing on wether or not a person has played football on if they can have an opinion on thier favorite team.

Lots of good folks post on this board. Step down off the high horse and look around. Its a tight nit group here.
I was only talking about a FULL appreciation of the game, without having played you lack a certain understanding. Fact.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
philo beddoe;1383554 said:
I was only talking about a FULL appreciation of the game, without having played you lack a certain understanding. Fact.

Wrong fact! The word "understanding"...

Maybe not knowing the physical and emotional aspects, OK. But, not the understanding...there are alot of things that I know but have not done (yet), however I understand why things are done....

Get it?

:rolleyes:

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1383565 said:
Wrong fact! The word "understanding"...

Maybe not knowing the physical and emotional aspects, OK. But, not the understanding...there are alot of things that I know but have not done (yet), however I understand why things are done....

Get it?

:rolleyes:
Finally---there you have it. The physical & emotional aspects. Very good. The perspective on the field itself, learning a playbook & assignments. The pain, fatigue etc. Watching from the stands or on TV is NOT the same. How can anyone even argue this?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1383580 said:
Finally---there you have it. The physical & emotional aspects. Very good. The perspective on the field itself, learning a playbook & assignments. The pain, fatigue etc. Watching from the stands or on TV is NOT the same. How can anyone even argue this?

What does this have to do with what you were arguing earlier....nothing. You clearly stated that ones opinion is more valuable if he/she had played the game...the was no mention of "on field perspective." Sure, I'll pick the ex-players in a backyard scrimmage anyday, but that doesn't mean the guy from chess club's opinion on anything NFL is less valid. Your point was, and still is, wrong.