OC Schottenheimer update on Trey Lance

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t think Lance has anything to do with Dak’s extension. Lance was basically an upgrade over Will Grier. The Cowboys took a flier on him.
No way Trance players better in preseason than Greir did.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I see PC double speak on this tidbit . He’s not going to trash the guy one week into camp. I assume Daks back up will be awarded upon pre season competition . Let see who gets into end zone moved the offense when the other team is not a friendly jersey .
Yeah there is really nothing to note here IMO it's just coach talk at this point - nothing to see here

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Trey is the only hope to rejuvenate this fanbase (the non Dak stanleys).

If he cant take the mantle next year and they re-sign Dak, the Dark Ages will continue
Even if Trey is a bust, I really hope we don't resign Dak. We need a new direction, I'd rather sign someone like Davis Mills, then draft until we find a replacement.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m, sounds like Lance has someone on his side, and wants to give him every chance to improve.
Sure would be outstanding if he surprises everyone and succeeds! Perhaps, fair really IS fair?! :huh:

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Jets had to send a pick to Denver to take Wilson out of town let alone get a 4th rounder .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like coach talk to me. Lance will be on the field in 9 days. We will all see and can be the judge.
this is true, but if they dont design a offense for him ,then he might not look good.
Each qb is different, they all need a offense they fit into.

That said in the hof game I liked brett rypien, he looked great, scored 2 td's when he was in.
1 drive was 17 seconds, 3 passes, the last one a nice td pass down the middle. they had 57 seconds when they got the ball,
there was 40 sec left when they scored the td.

Funny thing is this guy wont get to start in chicago. Dallas should try to trade for him.

Mikexike

Reaction score
this is true, but if they dont design a offense for him ,then he might not look good.

That said in the hof game I liked brett rypien, he looked great, scored 2 td's when he was in.
1 drive was 17 seconds, 3 passes, the last one a nice td pass down the middle. they had 57 seconds when they got the ball,

Funny thing is this guy wont get to start in chicago. Dallas should try to trade for him.
That game was actually enjoyable, seems like most the QB's had good rhythm and timing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just saying what he’s supposed to say. The media reports on Lance haven’t been good. One said he doesn’t even look like an NFL QB. Broaddus said a lot of his throws are high. Nick Eatman said Lance didn’t look impressive in OTA’s. He thought Cooper Rush would maintain the backup job.
True but his comments are exactly ringing endorsements. I think he's trying to be as honest as possible w/o throwing Lance under the bus.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Back Then,Some of you said that Rush would be the 3rd QB On The List.
Howz That Working Out For U All?
Lol..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True but his comments are exactly ringing endorsements. I think he's trying to be as honest as possible w/o throwing Lance under the bus.
He’s obviously not going to be too honest. If you want the honest truth, listen to those that have been watching him practice. Some are saying that maybe he’s more of a gamer, meaning he’ll look better in games. We’ll find out in preseason.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
From everything the media has been saying watching him practice he doesn’t even look like an upgrade over Will Greer. For a fourth round pick he was supposed to be an upgrade over Cooper Rush. I saw at least one fan spouting off prior to camp that Lance is the best QB on our roster. :laugh:
I am hearing Rush hasn’t been great either. It does not matter Dak is our quarterback for this season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"But I see a player that as he continues to get reps and continues to grow, you’re gonna see a guy that’s beginning to figure it out."

Beginning to figure it out, huh?

Guess so, one college season and 8 games in the NFL.

Guy's as green as grass, he's a loooonnngggg way from being an NFL starter, don't know why some are thinking that he'll be the Dallas starter this year...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

HOF game is less than a pre-season game. Playing well there means absolutely notihing.

Remember Aikman was 4-0 in his first preseason, the promptly lost every game he played in the regular season that year.
Kellen Moore was 50-3 in college (which was repeated endlessly to me when I said he would never amount to anything in the NFL as a quarterback) and how'd that turn out?.

I could go on and on, but until the kid plays meaningful (regular season) games and does well I'll not expect much from him.