OchoCinco apologizes to Dak Prescott

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He hasn’t had the support of a consistent running game or defense in the playoffs. Nothing has routinely crapped the bed in the playoffs like our defense.
And the defense certainly appreciated those 14 easy points Dak gave them in the first half.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I guess "all-in" is just a standard comment. So don't believe anything you hear trust your eyes. He can't exactly say we're tanking then getting a cheaper QB and new head coach. At the same time there is no reason they have to have deal with less. They had plenty of years to find Tyron's replacement, maybe an OT never fell to them, but they could have been grooming a 2nd or 3rd round pick to take over. You can't only use 1st round picks on the Oline. Plus we all knew Pollard wasn't the answer after Zeke left. So now its Dowdle playing for peanuts on a 1 year contract and starting at RB (watch him tear it up then leave) with no Oline. Dak got no help at WR/TE, Lamb is all they have. They have decent TEs, but don't use them and the Dak to Cooks connection just hasn't worked.

Finally they have a great defense and they're letting it go to waste. They have no DTs, Mazi is hurt and who knows if he can play. Armstrong left so there is no depth at DE. I'm not a fan of playing Parsons at DE. Lawrence is getting up there in age, so Dallas really needs an entire new front 4 on the Dline (to go with needing a new front 5 on the Oline). They also need a stud MLB so Parsons can play DE sometimes. The secondary is doing well with no safeties and the Parsons' pass rush has alot to do with that, but teams are figuring it out, just run at Parsons. So I don't see anyway they do better with less, which is letting the fans, players, and coaches down. If they really want to blow this thing up, trade for next year's picks unless they get a true 1st round value on the OL/DL or WR. I could see them letting Lamb walk too or trading him (something like a 1st and 3rd probably gets it done). I don't see anyway around it, its time to rebuild.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
He’s had some run support during the regular season which is why we’ve won a lot of games and 4 division titles but he’s had little run support in the playoffs. Zeke had two 100 yard games in the playoffs, against GB in 2016 and against Seattle in 2018. Dak played well in both games. We were tied with GB 30-30 in the closing seconds until our defense choked costing us the game. Against Seattle Zeke’s 137 yards helped lead us to that win.

He never rushed for more than 47 yards in our next 4 playoff games and we ended up 1-3 in those games. Pollards best rushing game in the playoffs was 77 yards in our win against Tampa. He and Zeke combined for 104 yards. In Pollards next 2 playoff games he only combined for 78 yards and we were 0-2. It’s been our lack of a run game and our defense that’s killed us in the playoffs.

Hard to keep the running game going when your QB craps the bed , gives the ball away time and time again leaving us behind out the gate . but yeah make more excuses for the WORST QB in NFL PLAYOFF HISTORY

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LMAO !! dude had PRIME ZEKE !!!

nothing else needs to be said . Say hi to Dak for us !

lmaoooooooo
Aloha! You might want to read my post again. I’m talking “playoffs” and prime Zeke had two 100 yard games in the playoffs. He was terrific against GB his rookie year rushing for 125 yards but our defense choked in the final seconds of a tie game. He was great in our playoff win against Seattle in 2018 rushing for 137 yards. However, the following week in our loss to the Rams he only rushed for 47 yards and averaged a dismal 2.3 a carry. In his last 3 playoff games he only rushed for a grand total of 84 yards and averaged under 3.0 a carry in all three games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hard to keep the running game going when your QB craps the bed , gives the ball away time and time again leaving us behind out the gate . but yeah make more excuses for the WORST QB in NFL PLAYOFF HISTORY
Hard to stay with the run when your defense keeps getting gashed for TDs and can’t get the opposing offense off the field. You honestly think Dak is the worst QB in NFL playoff history? Boy, do you sound like a typical casual
fan.
:laugh:

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
He hasn’t had the support of a consistent running game or defense in the playoffs. Nothing has routinely crapped the bed in the playoffs like our defense.
That's the dumbest thing I've read in weeks. Do you even watch our games? Our defense played lights out the last 2 playoffs before this year. Guess what happened all 3 years in those losses though? Dak played like an amateur and crapped the bed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's the dumbest thing I've read in weeks. Do you even watch our games? Our defense played lights out the last 2 playoffs before this year. Guess what happened all 3 years in those losses though? Dak played like an amateur and crapped the bed.
I’m not blind to what’s going on when I watch the games like those of you who blame Dak everything. Our defense played well enough to win against SF in 2021 but no way did it play lights out. In our playoff win against Tampa the defense was good but far from lights out. Brady still put up 351 yards and 2 TDs. We only sacked Brady twice. The story of that game was Dak’s great performance but you would rather ignore that.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I’m not blind to what’s going on when I watch the games like those of you who blame Dak everything. Our defense played well enough to win against SF in 2021 but no way did it play lights out. In our playoff win against Tampa the defense was good but far from lights out. Brady still put up 351 yards and 2 TDs. We only sacked Brady twice. The story of that game was Dak’s great performance but you would rather ignore that.
They held them to 23 and 19 points in the last 2 years of losses not counting this year. That's not lights out but pretty close against a team like San fran. When you are paid like an elite QB, you have to win against 23 and 19 points. Dak wasn't even competitive in those games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They held them to 23 and 19 points in the last 2 years of losses not counting this year. That's not lights out but pretty close against a team like San fran. When you are paid like an elite QB, you have to win against 23 and 19 points. Dak wasn't even competitive in those games.
SF had 169 yards rushing in that 23-17 win. Our offense wasn’t good but it’s hard to score a lot of points when the opposing offense is controlling the ball and winning the time of possession battle. The 49ers were more physical than us in both games. They beat us in the trenches and we couldn’t run the ball in either game.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
SF had 169 yards rushing in that 23-17 win. Our offense wasn’t good but it’s hard to score a lot of points when the opposing offense is controlling the ball and winning the time of possession battle. The 49ers were more physical than us in both games. They beat us in the trenches and we couldn’t run the ball in either game.
Lots of excuses. If your QB can't score 23 points, and he's paid as an elite QB....

If Romo was playing, he would have won this game. Dak is just not a winner. He's good at mediocrity. He can win meaningless games. I can see why you defend him, you see a lot of yourself in him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lots of excuses. If your QB can't score 23 points, and he's paid as an elite QB....

If Romo was playing, he would have won this game. Dak is just not a winner. He's good at mediocrity. He can win meaningless games. I can see why you defend him, you see a lot of yourself in him.
Dak was clearly part of the blame in those losses but you’re putting them entirely on him. Not once have you criticized the defense which has been our biggest problem in postseason. Romo wouldn’t have won any of those games because he had more playoff turnovers than Dak. He struggled in the playoffs, especially with no running game. Some of you have a Dak agenda.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We beat an 8-9 playoff team and you're considering it a major victory?
LOL.................Oh, how the bar has lowered since we've been in the Dak universe????