Twitter: Offensive coaching staff likely staying

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have bigger issues for sure.

But yeah, let's fire guys under contract so a new guy has fewer options.

That's not strong arming, it is not being an idiot.

Don't expect you to get the difference.

Those guys can be interviewed by the new head coach. Those guys should never be forced on the new head coach.

And if you think otherwise, well you're an enabler of Jerry Jones, smart guy.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
In all these tweets posted and all the inside sources I do not see anything close that states the offense staff is MOST LIKELY staying. There is nothing wrong with suggesting for a candidate to LOOK at some remaining staff members.

Besides my opinion of our team is that it is soft and doesn’t get mentally prepared on a consistent basis. Add that game management and adjustments are a serious problem which I believe is all on one guy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry to McCarthy: " I know you won a super bowl and groomed Aaron Rodgers, but we got this young OC and think he's really special. You can coach but he's calling the plays ok?"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry to McCarthy: " I know you won a super bowl and groomed Aaron Rodgers, but we got this young OC and think he's really special. You can coach but he's calling the plays ok?"

tumblr_oje3ckTooi1vju723o1_250.gifv

superonyx

Reaction score
Any illusion that Jerry and Stephen would need to “teach” Urban Meyer how to coach is a complete joke.

a winner like Meyer has nothing to gain from listening to Jerry Jones.

Western

Reaction score
The new HC interviews, and determines if any of the current staff deserves to be retained.

Jerry dictating the coaching staff to the new HC is a complete joke, and underscores the complete failure of this organization for the last 25 years.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I dont see why people are freaking out. 1 we dont even know if this is true. And 2 we dont know if Jerry is forcing an OC on the new coach. He is probably asking if they wouldnt mind keeping them. The HC will interview said person and decide. I dont think people realize that Stephen is pulling the strings here. If it was up to just Jerry, judging by his press release on JG. We wouldnt have even let him go.

LittleD

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone posters should want the offensive coaches to stay. Look at what they have done for that backup quarterback Dak Prescott.

Offensive stats don't win games as you can see with an 8x8 record and losing to most of the good teams we played. Yes, we can run up the score on the Giants and
Commanders, but we continue to falter when Moore tries to operate against good defenses. Moore might be alright but, Jerry needs to let his next HC pick his own staff.
Any HC should be allowed to sink or swim with his own chosen staff.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This is why we can’t have nice things

First big mistake Jerry is making. If true, it would lend itself to the possibility that he would then be looking for a defensive minded HC.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If I had to guess tonight? It's going to be Mike McCarthy. He's a name with a Super Bowl title to sell to the masses, and someone desperate enough to sign on for whatever bull**** Jerry insists upon. A guy with no other options if he wants to be a head coach again. And he's more of the same in what we just finally got rid of.

that is the key Stash:hammer:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
First big mistake Jerry is making. If true, it would lend itself to the possibility that he would then be looking for a defensive minded HC.

Not necessarily, I think a head coach like McCarthy, etc that call their own plays would be good for Moore.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wait until ya read this - on the things he did to Tom Landry and family and why coach Landry preferred being a Giants fan instead of rooting for the plunger ---------
https://nypost.com/2013/10/31/why-tom-landry-died-a-giants-fan/

What you don't read there is Tex Schramm was going to fire Landry before the ownership change.
It was a really hard thing to do but the game had passed him by.
His offense and defense were madly outdated by then.

Jerry let Tex off the hook and fired Landry himself.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait, so if Moore is still the OC does that mean my dream of seeing a different offensive playbook will not come to pass?