Offer for the Zone

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Welcome to the board DD81. I usually bounce between here and the Ranch.

So tell me, just how interested in Manny Lawson was Dallas?

Was one of the other teams interested in Lawson happen to be Cleveland? They seem to be the team most likely to draft Manny ahead of Dallas.

Falcons also interested in Lawson.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Thanks guys and I see some people from the Ranch made it over. That's good to see but I just couldn't stand all the crap that goes on there. I'm just trying to be helpful. I don't want a pat on the back or anything. I wouldn't even call this stuff "inside info." I would call it doing my job and if info on the Cowboys comes up now and then, I have no problem sharing some of the things I hear. Obviously, some things may be too risky for me to share but other than that, I don't think any harm is being done.
:welcome: to the board dd81.

For my part I am glad to hear anything you have to offer. I like to know what people who are in the business are thinking even if they are not 100% sure about the end result. The stuff you posted about the Combine was particularly interesting to me. Most of the rest has been surmised to some extent here already but that's okay post it anyway.

The take on Parcells and TO was also interesting; I have not seen it put quite so succinctly before. Though many have said that Parcells could handle TO I have not seen anyone point out the leverage that he would use to do so. It might work though I have to say I am one of those who hope we don't have to find out.

ddh33

Reaction score
It's great to have you here. Hope you stay for a long time.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I tend to take everything with a grain of salt anyway... if it comes true fine, if not, fine. At least its interesting. Also, the way you presented it was like it may or may not come true and its just stuff that you heard, so personally, I don't have a problem with it.

lzppjb

Reaction score
Keep posting. Info is just that. If people want to misinterpret your info as a guarantee, that's their problem. I like reading stuff like that.

As for cheering for TO: whenever someone puts on that helmet with the star, I cheer for them. I cheer for Roy Williams after what he did to my Longhorns. I cheered for Dat Nguyen. I even stayed a fan when Switzer was coach. I can handle TO being on the team scoring touchdowns and taking us deep into the playoffs.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Love your info! Two reasons, first off I like getting the grapevine stuff. Oh and also, it confirms Im a certified Foooosball/Cowboys genius! LOL I have us drafting Lawson AND Carpenter with Carpenter being used as an INSIDE linebacker, also had us signing T.O because of the exact reasons you stated. I just knew watching, reading, living, breathing EVERYTHING Cowboys for the last 30 years would pay off someday!...LOL Welcome to the board and keep it coming....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I really hope the T.O. stuff isn't true....I think Parcells gives himself too much credit...the rest of the league won't write the guy off just because it's Parcells anymore than they did it for anyone else BP has cut.

I would hate to see T.O. in Dallas, but I think Dallas would have to be T.O.'s number 1 choice simply because of the QB. He backed out of the Baltimore deal, imo, because it was Boller or McNabb throwing passes to him. While I don't think Bledsoe is any superstar in the league any longer, I think if I was a WR, I'd prefer Bledsoe as my QB than any of the guys who QB the other teams that have been mentioned with T.O.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
If you preface your posts with "This a rumor I heard" or something similar you should be alright.

Your introduction would have a lot more validity if you included a current piece of inside info.;)

Your efforts are appreciated and welcome.

kapolani

Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

I'm just a lurker here. This board puts out the best info.

Thanks for the info.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Hey, I have been a Cowboys fan for 25 years now but I work for another NFL franchise. Because of my position, I get info from time to time about the Cowboys. For instance, at the Combine talking with scouts and agents I would hear tidbits now and then. I was posting this stuff on the Ranch Report but immature posters there slammed me even though I was giving them info they couldn't get anyplace else. I received a PM there that said I should come over to this board. Now, not everything I hear comes true but I do talk to a lot of people from the inside so if you would like me to post what I hear and not say "That's bull****" every time I post, I would be glad to share my info with you guys.

I'm not trying to sell anything, I just like to talk about the things I hear with knowledgable Cowboy fans. Something I didn't get at the Ranch. If you want me to post when information comes my way, let me know. However, if I get the same reaction here that I got at the Ranch, I will stop posting just like I did there. I'm very busy and the only reason I do this is because I remember what it was like to be a Cowboys fan trying to find info but places like ESPN don't tell you anything. Trust me, you would be surprised how little work they really do. So, all I ask is you don't slam me personally. Remember, the info I put out, is just that: info. If it's something bad about the Cowboys, it's not coming from me, it's coming from someone I have talked with. I love the Cowboys. So, let me know what you all think. Hopefully this is a much more educated group than the morons they have assembled over at the Ranch. Also, I will obviously never reveal my sources or who I work for because that could get me in trouble. It's up to you guys. Let me know. Take care.

Yes--I would love to read your input and I am sure the majority of Zoners feel the same.

However, don't let the few with rude comments ruin your input to the rest of us please!

Thanks
:bang2:

ljs44

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Hey, I have been a Cowboys fan for 25 years now but I work for another NFL franchise. Because of my position, I get info from time to time about the Cowboys. For instance, at the Combine talking with scouts and agents I would hear tidbits now and then. I was posting this stuff on the Ranch Report but immature posters there slammed me even though I was giving them info they couldn't get anyplace else. I received a PM there that said I should come over to this board. Now, not everything I hear comes true but I do talk to a lot of people from the inside so if you would like me to post what I hear and not say "That's bull****" every time I post, I would be glad to share my info with you guys.

I'm not trying to sell anything, I just like to talk about the things I hear with knowledgable Cowboy fans. Something I didn't get at the Ranch. If you want me to post when information comes my way, let me know. However, if I get the same reaction here that I got at the Ranch, I will stop posting just like I did there. I'm very busy and the only reason I do this is because I remember what it was like to be a Cowboys fan trying to find info but places like ESPN don't tell you anything. Trust me, you would be surprised how little work they really do. So, all I ask is you don't slam me personally. Remember, the info I put out, is just that: info. If it's something bad about the Cowboys, it's not coming from me, it's coming from someone I have talked with. I love the Cowboys. So, let me know what you all think. Hopefully this is a much more educated group than the morons they have assembled over at the Ranch. Also, I will obviously never reveal my sources or who I work for because that could get me in trouble. It's up to you guys. Let me know. Take care.

:welcome:

Glad to have you! Keep feeding us any information you get! Great to hear that even though you work for another organization, that you kept your ties to the REAL TEAM!! :star:

Keep it coming!!! And again WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
A league source told me yesterday that Jerry Jones gets a bad rap as an owner. He said that the local TV revenue teams get is in large part due to Jones. He went on to say, "Ten years ago when Jones was doing all those things with Nike and getting crap for it, other teams were doing the exact same thing. They just flew under the radar while Jones took the bullet for everyone because he knew it was good for the league. Actually, Jones has taken the bullet on more than one occassion. People think it's guys like Jones who are ruining the league when it's guys like the Rooneys who still think it's the 50s who are actually ruining the NFL right now."

Great info......I believe you are the real deal.....keep it coming!

Skip

Reaction score
:welcome: I enjoy any and all info about the Cowboys. I feel no need to slam something I don't believe.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome to the board, I am always open to hear some new info and if some of it passes, especially something off the wall, then I think it would secure your credibility from most.

If not just post anyways if you enjoy talking about the cowboys.

superpunk

Reaction score
Welcome, guy!

You're prolly gonna have to prove yourself first, to garner some respect for your "sawces" but I'm glad to have ya!

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wayne_motley said:
I think if I was a WR, I'd prefer Bledsoe as my QB than any of the guys who QB the other teams that have been mentioned with T.O.

Well, Farve hasn't retired yet. In fact, he recently stated that what the Packers do this off-season will determine that.

They have a lot of money this year....

There's that convo with Irvin that caused that whole firestorm....

hmmm.

I'm prbably just inventing dots and connecting them because I do not want TO, but it's my theory and I'm stickin to it.

T.O. to the Packers: one-year deal.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField said:
Welcome aboard.

I tend to take everything with a grain of salt anyway... if it comes true fine, if not, fine. At least its interesting. Also, the way you presented it was like it may or may not come true and its just stuff that you heard, so personally, I don't have a problem with it.
Nice car, **. I'm totally jealous... Your new love machine, perhaps? :p: