***Official CBA Talks Tracking Thread***(Agreement reached in principle)

burmafrd

Reaction score
This is actually funny to watch.
4 hr delay till cuts.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
That should be enough time for teams to get their cuts ready!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
That should be enough time for teams to get their cuts ready!

bingo - thats not a real extension

Time to process all the cuts in NFL Headquarters!

clayman

Reaction score
Thats wrong....teams have had their cut plan known since last Thursday night....they do not need more time....all it takes is a fax to the head office and they would be done. 4hrs is probably more time for both sides to agree to a new extension deadline...say Wed like Mort has alluded too.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
They keep delaying, I think, because a deal is going to happen and they just feel they need some more time...

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
They keep delaying, I think, because a deal is going to happen and they just feel they need some more time...
:hammer: Actually, I'm not sure if I want a deal done. I'd like to see some teams struggle while we reap the benefits. We got so screwed in the mid-90's by the cap that I'd like to see us have an advantage this year. Bottom line is I just want us to sign some good FAs and draft well. I'm getting tired of waiting.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If they were REALLY that close to a complete deal- I think that something would be different- a 24 hr extension. 4 hrs- that is not enough time to get something THAT complicated in writing for a final deal. THIS might be a way to give the teams enough warning that this is all they are going to get and get the cuts done. there has been so much delay and talk that some teams might have just decided to sit on their hands and do nothing (Aint's, Cards, etc). This extra 4 hrs is for them to get their acts together.