***Official CBA Talks Tracking Thread***(Agreement reached in principle)

JonCJG

Reaction score
I agree. JJ needs some bigger running games if he is ever going to shine at a Pro Bowl type level. T.O. would be a nice bonus but I doubt we get him.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
ESPN...cut deadline extended to 11:30PM

FA still the same 12:01

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
123456 said:
If I had to choose it would have to be..... damm tough. Bentley though, younger. But I think we will sign at least two big name, big game free agents.
Funny, the Cowboy brass has been saying the opposite.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | Upshaw claims NFL offered percentage lower than past 12 years
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:06:37 -0800

ESPN.com reports NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw claims the NFL offered the players a percentage of revenues that was less than they received over the past 12 years. Upshaw said,

"After suggesting we extend the waiver deadline from six o'clock to ten this evening, they gave us a new proposal which was worse than their prior offer. Quite naturally, we rejected that proposal and saw no need to continue meeting. Under our previous cap agreement, we got just less than 60 percent of all of the revenues. The NFL now wants us to cut that percentage to less than 57 percent. Given the enormous revenue growth the NFL is experiencing, I am not about to give back gains which we have made in the past."

Upshaw continues to blame high revenue clubs and the revenue sharing issue as the main reason negotiations kept breaking down.

Murph80

Reaction score
11:30 now. This will be extended till Wednesday by the end of the night.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NFL | League delays waiver deadline
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:26:47 -0800

ESPNews reports the NFL has extended the waiver deadline to 11:30 p.m. ET Sunday, March 5.

THERE IS NO DEAL HERE -

Cuts ongoing - Skins are screwed. Bucs, Raiders, Jets also -

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NFLPA PRESS RELEASE
MARCH 5, 2006 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Gene Upshaw issued the following statement this evening:

“The talks ended today after the NFL gave us a proposal which provided a percentage of revenues for the players which would be less than they received over the last 12 years. After suggesting we extend the waiver deadline from six o’clock to ten this evening, they gave us a new proposal which was worse than their prior offer. Quite naturally, we rejected that proposal and saw no need to continue meeting.”

“Under our previous cap agreement, we got just less than 60 per cent of all of the revenues. The NFL now wants us to cut that percentage to less than 57 per cent. Given the enormous revenue growth the NFL is experiencing, I am not about to give back gains which we have made in the past. It is clear to me that we will do much better under our current CBA in 2006 and particularly in 2007, the uncapped year.

“I continue to believe that the problem lies with the high revenue clubs and the revenue sharing issue. Their refusal to share more revenues is making it worse for everybody-- players, owners, and fans.”

The battle is the NFLPA trying to divide the Have owners (JJ, Kraft) and the Have not owners......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
I continue to believe that the problem lies with the high revenue clubs and the revenue sharing issue. Their refusal to share more revenues is making it worse for everybody-- players, owners, and fans.”
I believe just the exact opposite is true. It is the LOWER revenue clubs and their revenue sharing issue. Those owners just want to sit back and let guys like JJ and Kraft line their pockets for them.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | Talks on hold at this time
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:13:58 -0800

ESPN.com reports NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the union broke off the league's labor talks and had no further explanation. There has been no resumption in talks between the two sides and none are scheduled, an NFL spokesman told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I believe just the exact opposite is true. It is the LOWER revenue clubs and their revenue sharing issue. Those owners just want to sit back and let guys like JJ and Kraft line their pockets for them.

Originally Posted by Nors - quoting NFLPA
“I continue to believe that the problem lies with the high revenue clubs and the revenue sharing issue. Their refusal to share more revenues is making it worse for everybody-- players, owners, and fans.”

Your saying the same thing as Upshaw and NFLPA - And I agree

neosapien23

Reaction score
Nors said:
Originally Posted by Nors - quoting NFLPA

Your saying the same thing as Upshaw and NFLPA - And I agree

Actually I think the problem is with the cash over the cap. Teams are trying to lower signing bonuses by making them hit the salary cap all at one. Some team like Jacksonville cannot afford to give huge signing bonuses like Jerry Jones and spread them over five years. The small market teams are trying to keep a competititive edge.