***Official CBA Talks Tracking Thread***(Agreement reached in principle)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Despite what their fans say, the Commanders will fall apart in the next 48 hours if a deal doesnt get done.

MrPhil

Reaction score
All of this back and forth is ridiculous IMO. I will believe it when the cuts start rolling in.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
FA to begin at 12:01 tonight....bring it baby

Come 10 oclock they will push FA time back till tommorrow to give people more time lol

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Come 10 oclock they will push FA time back till tommorrow to give people more time lol

They wouldn't dare!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DBoys

Reaction score
They can't delay again teams have known since Thursday there is no more excuses let's get it done.

ZenItRam

Reaction score
Link

NEW YORK (March 5, 2006) -- The NFL and its players union broke off talks again, leaving dozens of veterans in danger of becoming salary cap casualties when free agency begins.

The breakdown was typical of the topsy-turvy negotiations -- just when things seemed darkest, they got brighter. And when it looked optimistic a deal could be struck, as it seemed early Sunday, talks broke down.

"They're off," NFL vice president Joe Browne said after a day of bargaining that seemed to provide hope of an agreement. Earlier, the league had pushed back the deadline for teams to get under the salary cap from 6 p.m. ET to 10 p.m.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Think Danny Boy was one of the owners trying to get it moved back?

NFL | Management wanted a three-day delay to salary cap compliance
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:46:48 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports NFL management wanted to extend the deadline to Wednesday, March 8, for team's to be in compliance with the NFL salary cap, but the players' union would only agree to a four-hour delay from the original 6 p.m. ET deadline.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Per ESPN talks are off for good..................FA begins at 1 minute past 10 PM

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NFL | Management wanted a three-day delay to salary cap compliance
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:46:48 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports NFL management wanted to extend the deadline to Wednesday, March 8, for team's to be in compliance with the NFL salary cap, but the players' union would only agree to a four-hour delay from the original 6 p.m. ET deadline.

NFL | Labor talks break off again
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:41:49 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the NFL labor talks broke off once again about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, March 5. Both sides left the meeting not being optimistic of getting a deal done. "Unless there's a miracle - right now we're going forward with the current collective bargaining agreement," Mortensen said.

BRING IT ON - CUTS IN NEXT 2 HOURS!

Commanders screwed! They are in deep doo doo.
JJ - Fire up that jet!!!!!!

Rockytop6

Reaction score
BIGDen said:
:hammer: Actually, I'm not sure if I want a deal done. I'd like to see some teams struggle while we reap the benefits. We got so screwed in the mid-90's by the cap that I'd like to see us have an advantage this year. Bottom line is I just want us to sign some good FAs and draft well. I'm getting tired of waiting.

This on and off, don't know what's going one, I'm lost in this world of negotiations by the owners, players and the league office have been very educational. I have laughed at the other sports industries at how they fumbled the ball and felt very smug about the stability and the intelligence of those at the top in the NFL world.

Now we know the truth. The NFL has survived because they have been lucky, just pure luck. The only surprise in retrospect is the fact that Tags, owners and union personnel have been able to find their way out of their meetings. In fact, that might be why they keep rescheduling these meetings - they can't find their way home so they decide to have another meeting. They wouldn't want it to get out they can't find their way out so they just reconvene meetings. Mort knows but he can't find his way out either so he keeps saying " a deal is close".

JonCJG

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TALKS RESUME AT 8:30 EST

A league source tells us that talks between the NFL and the NFLPA will resume at 8:30 p.m. EST Sunday.

Maybe they were just hungry, or perhaps they're curious to see whether Jake Gyllenhaal wins the Oscar for best support actor in Brokeback.

Actually, we're hearing that the owner of one of the high-revenue teams is mucking up the efforts to strike a deal that will work for the union, the league, the low-revenue clubs, and the big-money clubs.

Stay tuned.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
123456 said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TALKS RESUME AT 8:30 EST

A league source tells us that talks between the NFL and the NFLPA will resume at 8:30 p.m. EST Sunday.

Maybe they were just hungry, or perhaps they're curious to see whether Jake Gyllenhaal wins the Oscar for best support actor in Brokeback.

Actually, we're hearing that the owner of one of the high-revenue teams is mucking up the efforts to strike a deal that will work for the union, the league, the low-revenue clubs, and the big-money clubs.

Stay tuned.

I smell another delay.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Reading Florio is about as reliable as reading about all of those alien love children born on the World News magazine.

Rich..............