***Official CBA Talks Tracking Thread***(Agreement reached in principle)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Reading Florio is about as reliable as reading about all of those alien love children born on the World News magazine.

batboy.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | Weaver leading determined group of small-market owners
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 09:13:32 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Jacksonville Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver appears to be leading a group of small-market owners pushing hard for major-market teams to share their new revenues. Small-market owners had 18 votes in favor of passing an internal revenue-sharing pact among owners. The group would need 24 votes to ratify the deal.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lock them in a Private Room at Scores, get them all giddy.

We'd have a deal around Midnight.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Jacksonville Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver appears to be leading a group of small-market owners pushing hard for major-market teams to share their new revenues. Small-market owners had 18 votes in favor of passing an internal revenue-sharing pact among owners. The group would need 24 votes to ratify the deal.

WG - So quick to scorn.....

Yet it was a "soft deadline" all along. And the real battle line here is between the "Have" owners and "Have Not" owners. That and Salary cap min are of interest to me in these talks as major issues.

Have's wanted this deal done all along - See JJ/Kraft all week.....

NFLPA driving the two apart!

1 1/2 Hours - who's going to give tonight?
I say the Have's or we go to Sunday, Bloody Sunday:D

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

I'm down with sharing more money to smaller teams. Only if that money specifically went towards them trying to...

1. Sign FA's to improve their teams
2. Market their team more in their locations

The cash cannot land in the Owners pocket it was I'm saying. If you're a smaller market owner and want more cash..... then I don't want a penny of that going to private pools and vacations.

burmafrd

Reaction score
18 out of 32- not too good. They need 6 more votes to pass it. Doubt they get anything done very soon.

DBoys

Reaction score
This is making the NFL look really bad they need to just walk away and accept that it's over. If the NFLPA was smart they would accept whatever the owners gave them because in the end the only people hurt will in fact be the players.

JonCJG

Reaction score
John Clayton on ESPN radio No 8:30 Meeting Rumor is/was false.

superpunk

Reaction score
So.....does everyone actually think this is the real thing now? Is FA actually going to start in a few hours? And if so, when can we expect an announcement on Bentley?;)

JonCJG

Reaction score
I sure hope so. Bentley, T.O. and then Hope in that order.

JonCJG

Reaction score
If I had to choose it would have to be..... damm tough. Bentley though, younger. But I think we will sign at least two big name, big game free agents.

superpunk

Reaction score
123456 said:
If I had to choose it would have to be..... damm tough. Bentley though, younger. But I think we will sign at least two big name, big game free agents.

Obviously we need to see the cuts first. I say we need Bentley, and then I dont really care. Bentley does it for me....Super Bowl because of a Center!