FEATURED Official Cowboys Cut Thread

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I THINK IT WAS DUMB TO CUT LAND!! Hopefully he gets back to our practice squad.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I usually like your takes on subjects and always respect your opinion even if I don't agree.... and in this one I don't agree. Have far down the depth chart would Cropper be?... for how long? Luepke brings aspects of RB, TE, and WR to the table. He has much more to offer more immediately than Cropper.
It's all good if you disagree. I'm a fan of Luepke as well. I have a hunch that some players might have held back to stay here if possible. That's another crazy take of mine. But it would make sense with the culture we have here.

And I agree he's more valuable right now because we can use him in the TCO as a TE, FB or reciever, like you say.. That's why I said down the line.

If Cropper spends a year in the weight room and works on agility and speed, he'll make a jump next year similarly to Tolbert...is my guess.

It's mostly opinions and it's OK to disagree. In fact, I welcome it...makes our opinions stronger.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I always thought the 3rd round of the 2021 draft was garbage. Osa being the only real player found with 3 picks.

It turns out the 4th round was even worse where we went Cox and Ball for craps and giggles.

Osa
Golston
Wright
Ball
Cox

5 picks in the middle rounds of the draft.

This reminds me that we always draft well all of the time.
Wasn't Osa a 3rd rounder? I tried saying it wasn't going to work for Jabril here. After he took that terrible angle and allowed the QB to run for a long game, you could see he had no clue what his assingment was.

Is Golston gone too? He showed up last year, towards the end.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Why is everyone so high on Cropper. Or seems to be. He did not really do anything in the PS games. Never heard him mentioned much in practices.
Or is he just the next over rated Cedric Wilson. Flashed a few plays but was not a huge difference maker overall. And only took him 4 years to do so.
He was very productive in college. He's a smart player that just knows the game well, has good hands, runs routes well, and has 4.40 speed, which means he could get into the 4.3s. He was also as comparatively productive as Zay Flowers, and the most highly recruited player to ever play at Fresno St. Sticky hands and versatile. WCO type player. He would fits our style of offense well.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Something isn’t adding up here.

We look way too heavy at 3T and CB (especially if Goodwin returns), and too light at OL and LB.

Surely we are going to package one of our 3Ts for a C or something?
Here's my theory. They want to have their base players. Then we'll see some more free agents come in to fill the gaps.. That's my guess.

Players like Peters, T.Y. Hilton, etc.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Sieg and Edoka (most likely) will be re-signed when we put Wright and Waletzko on short-term IR. We had to have those two players on the initial 53 in order to be able to bring them back from IR.

Not sure what the plan is at center, but I think we're betting that we can get Farniok to the practice squad and possibly one of the other two centers (Hoffman and Lindstrom) and bring one of them up during games to be the backup.
Thanks for the heads up. Lot of confusion going on right now. LOL