Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

Kwyn

Reaction score
Well it requires to first get out from Dak's contract and the willingness to surrender 2 - 3 first round picks for the next 3 years. And hope that the team picking #1 will go for it.
How do we do that?

How do we “get out from under”?

How do we “hope the team picking #1 will take Dak and some late firsts for the #1 overall pick.

Ther just doesn’t happen. Ever.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Down 21-10. It was 3rd and 5 and McCarthy opted to run a draw w Rico Dowdle instead of letting Dak pass.

Let that sink in. Thats the level of confidence the HC has in the QB
Been saying this before the season started. McCarthy saw something in the offseason and he told Jones about it. That precipitated the Lance trade because the Cowboys are not going to be resigning Dak Prescott. If that is indeed the case McCarthy did the Cowboys a massive service.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Seriously folks. We were all fooled (not me) into believing it was scheme and that better play calling would aid Dak. Now with the hat trick (and probably more if he had stayed in) does anyone have faith or hope in this guy?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
How do we do that?

How do we “get out from under”?

How do we “hope the team picking #1 will take Dak and some late firsts for the #1 overall pick.

Ther just doesn’t happen. Ever.
I know, which is why I don't think we can do it. First off no GM is going to want to take on Dak. Contrary to the fans here, he isn't that good of a QB, stats aside he is average to below average.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Cowboys will still extend Prescott . Fans are foolish to think this game will change that.

They’ll still make the playoffs and it will be enough for Jethro to hype and promote the revenue train.
Nope, with this schedule and with this level of QB-play, they will not make playoff.

BigD5

Reaction score
Uh… why of course there is

You have heard of Jerry Jones right?

losersgetcute

Reaction score
This team is no where near a Superbowl. They have good players just not good enough. I agree that they should start trading players for assets and start a rebuild. Get rid of bad contracts. If they don't the next couple of years will look the same and they will eventually hit bottom. They will need to rebuild sooner or later.
They are only 3-2. They are not rebuilding. They should bench Dak though. The focus should be on continuity in the concepts. I think Rush or Lance find ways to do the simple things like throwing the ball away. The Dak era should be over in Dallas, he should be shipped for whatever picks they can get for him and they should just eat the cap hit and play for wins. Dak is cooked.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
He’s a good QB. Not elite. Won’t win a Super Bowl. But he’s good. We just overanalyze everything since he’s our quarterback.

If Dak was on the trade block today, at least 10 teams are calling.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He’s a good QB. Not elite. Won’t win a Super Bowl. But he’s good. We just overanalyze everything since he’s our quarterback.

I’m ready for the cowboys to put him on that block. Take the best offer you can get and move on.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

How can you consider him a good QB at this point?

5 TDs 4 Ints. 17:14 pace. Thats good to you?

And hes out of excuses. The whole starting OL played. All his starting receivers played. Kellen Moore isnt her calling “curl routes”

losersgetcute

Reaction score
I’m ready for the cowboys to put him on that block. Take the best offer you can get and move on.
Trade Dak to the Chiefs for the Belldozer and move him back to QB. I think he probably could have been a better pro QB than Dak if he never moved to TE.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, go back to 2021…

Dallas was averaging about 35 PPG, with Moore running a lot of 22 personnel as Gallup was injured. Pollard and Zeke were averaging over 5 YPC, They had 4 games where they posted over 40 points. Then Denver happened and Dak began his typical tail spin,

This season was a mirage, where a new narrative was trying to be re-written with Moore being gone that things changed.

This time the offense was actually looking worse, with the red zone numbers and Dak playing extremely conservative with big leads caused by the defense against teams that were horrible and were struggling majorly on offense.

Then Dak faces the 49ers and he gets blown out,

Nothing is new here, never has been. He’s always been this guy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Our INT king is back at it.

At what point does Jerry or Fat Mac tell Dak to keep it on the ground?
Yeah, the running game stinks, me lads, but INTs stink more.

Bus driver, don't throw down the middle!! You are a BIG liability.