Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I thought Dak was getting better in year 2 thru 5 but it is really clear at this point that he has hit his ceiling and is now regressing.

He can't read defenses well, doesn't have good timing or anticipation and crumbles in big games.

If Jerry extends him, he will be condemning Micah Parsons to the same fate Witten and Ware suffered.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Dak is a good QB. But he will never be great cuz he simply does not have the mental or physical talent to be great QB in this league. He will win games when everything aspect of game is working. The problem is when a deficiency occurs, like an injury or penalty during a game require the QB to adjust. He does not possess that skill. How many years are required before the Jones figure it out. 28 and counting.
No. He’s not good. What an insult to the word “good.”

Nav22

Reaction score
You don't attach yourself to mediocrity.

If you don't try to improve you're never going to improve.

The Cowboys have not tried to seriously upgrade the QB position since they decided to attach themselves to Romo.
I want to win Super Bowls too.

But if every team thought like you did, there'd be like 3 elite QBs and 29 teams starting raw draft picks every Sunday.

It just isn't realistic.

RFABR

Reaction score
That's not really a plan though.

Okay, we send Dak packing. Then what?

You do realize there's like a 90% chance that whoever we replace him with won't be better than Dak, right?

This is the life of not having an elite QB. It's rough.

49ers stumbled upon one with the last pick of the draft. I hate them so much.
SF wouldn't have Brock if they insisted with Garoppolo. They kept moving and searching, even when the moves looked crazy.

Syron

Reaction score
I've changed my mind, guys.

The only thing worst than having Dak as the Cowboys QB is having owners that don't care that Dak is the Cowboys QB.
I used to think that way, but I can't believe Jerry would bring in Trey if he wanted to resign Dak. I think he saw what happened in the playoffs and knew Dak wasn't the guy. McCarthy is trying to save his job so he "reinvented" the offense around Dak's weaknesses. But Jones didn't fully buy in and made the trade without consulting anyone. Only thing that makes sense to me. Call it hope, but I don't think Jerry is so blinded that he can't see the writing on the wall. Not after cutting Kellen Moore loose (which I believe he wanted to take over as HC).

Kwyn

Reaction score
Changing OCs isnt the answer.
Changing the Head Coach isnt the answer.
Drafting a WR or TE isnt the answer

The Cowboys will never win anything with this guy and the longer he is kept around, the longer this fanbase will suffer.

Even his staunchest supporters cant deny it anymore.

So far through 5 games, he has thrown for 1061 yards (212 ypg), 5 TDs and 4 Ints. These are Zach Wilson numbers.

And before you ask (well who is your qb if we let go dak), Let Trey start next year and see what you have with him. If he sucks, you will be in position to draft a QB in 2025
What do with a 60m QB on the bench? That would be unprecedented.

Curious what teams who felt they were in a championship window ever benched their “franchise qb”