Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

Eddie

Reaction score
SF wouldn't have Brock if they insisted with Garoppolo. They kept moving and searching, even when the moves looked crazy.

Yep, sometimes that's what you gotta do. 8 years with Dak has told us what we need to know ... and Jerry will probably sign him to $50 mil a year.

Nav22

Reaction score
SF wouldn't have Brock if they insisted with Garoppolo. They kept moving and searching, even when the moves looked crazy.
LOL, get real.

Brock was the last pick in the draft. He only played because their top 2 QBs got hurt last year.

Sometimes you just get lucky.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I used to think that way, but I can't believe Jerry would bring in Trey if he wanted to resign Dak. I think he saw what happened in the playoffs and knew Dak wasn't the guy. McCarthy is trying to save his job so he "reinvented" the offense around Dak's weaknesses. But Jones didn't fully buy in and made the trade without consulting anyone. Only thing that makes sense to me. Call it hope, but I don't think Jerry is so blinded that he can't see the writing on the wall. Not after cutting Kellen Moore loose (which I believe he wanted to take over as HC).
Dak is handing the job to Trey on a silver platter.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we start hearing rumblings that Trey will be active.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just make a Dak sucks zone. It would need to be placed above the fan zone.
He balls out & makes plays that are extraordinary even by NFL standards "every" game according to some posters.
Not calling anyone out but can't wait for @Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius to enlighten us on how special the performance was & how we fools for not seeing it in the first place.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Dak = Not any good.

Cooper = Maybe a little better than that.

Lance = Who knows?

What do you do with the rest of your season?

Can you keep pretending there isn't a problem after a win next week?

Eddie

Reaction score
Turn out the lights, the party's over....

We witnessed the end of the Dak/MM era tonight. Unfortunately, not gonna matter as long as old man Jones is running the show.

We've been through half a dozen HC's, thousands of players ... with Jones running the show. He's still trying to prove he's a football maverick. 28 years later ... still nothing.

dacoming

Reaction score
You can not extend Dak.

We need a QB!
Dak has not improved much since his rookie year unfortunately. He got paid and doesn't really care IMO...he says what sounds right. And he knows Jerry will resign him to more money because of his "leadership skills." He's not a winner. Romo didn't win but he had less talented teams overall. Also, McCarthy has to go...his plays are obsolete

plymkr

Reaction score
I truly believe this team (including teammates) are quietly tired of Dak.

This defense was gassed and was pissed about the 3 and outs and INTs. They gave up bc they knew the offense couldn’t do it.

Do you want to know why Cooks is doing nothing? Dak can’t throw deep.

Want to know why CeeDee plays so tough? Because he knows he getting jump balls for no reason that will get him laid out.

Late throws to the flat just for what I assume is padding completion percentage. Awful pocket presence. No touch. Can’t hit a guy in stride even in short throws. Can’t throw with anticipation and needing to see a guy fully open. Even in a west coast built for timing, he struggles with timing. And finally, what kind of chip do you need to Install in a humans brain to remind them they can throw away the ball when they are outside the pocket and a sack is imminent?!

This is Zeke all over again but with bigger consequences. We cannot buy our own snake oil. I don’t even know that a team out there would trade for Dak at this point
I was thinking the same thing in the first quarter when we went 3 and out. Parsons and the defense are getting sick of Dak. That’s when we lost the game. Our offense couldn’t stay on the field and the defense was tired and frustrated by the end of the 1st quarter.

It’s seriously time to move on from Dak. Last night I made a post saying Dak has improved. Well I was wrong. He hasn’t improved, he’s regressed. The defense winning him the game before he has to do anything have the illusion he’s improved. But he sucks. It’s hard to see it any other way. He’s trash against good teams and he’s trash when the defense and STs don’t give him a cushion.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I disagree wholeheartedly. Draft a QB and fire the coach. You have to have a clean sweep across the board. We just need a new roster, and I'd consider releasing or trading Dak, and trading Parsons and Martin to start the rebuild. Fire away.
So, burn it down?

When in history has that ever happened

KB1122

Reaction score
We know what it looks like with Dak. If we just want to save face, ride the defense, and lose in the first round of the playoffs, then maybe you stay with him. I fyou have any intention of winning the Super Bowl, a change has to be made. And of course that might not work.