***Official Day TWO draft thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

movaughn88

Reaction score
It's not about whether we need another OL. You can't have too many good offensive linemen. It's about who else was available and - let's be real, Chaz Green probably would have been available in the 4th.

Well Fredbeard was said to be available in the 3rd, haha. They get some benefit of doubt (a little) for now. Not an exciting pick but nothing's wrong with building the trenches. Makes mediocre RBs into heroes.

Hardline

Reaction score
I hope Chaz Green is last years Anthony Hitchens.
We all hated the pick but ended up being a very solid pick.

Plankton

Reaction score
I hope Chaz Green is last years Anthony Hitchens.
We all hated the pick but ended up being a very solid pick.

I don't hate the player at all. Green has ability. I just think that there were three players who were better on the board.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Why do we get always seem to get a little cooky in the middle rounds? The early part tends to look calculated then...time to score some UDFA gems; I know we are dag good at this in comparison. I'm exaggerating:eek:; got Witten, Hatcher, TW, etc. but tends to get wackier the later we get into almost ever year.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Chaz Green
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737230/chaz-green

STRENGTHS: Wide base in his kickslide with natural movement skills for the position...displays the footwork to set up shop in space, getting to the second level quickly and utilizing proper body position...excellent spatial awareness with a strong understanding of what's going on around him...quick eyes to recognize blitzes, picking up "B gap" pressures and linebackers on combos, anticipating where rushers are coming from - not fooled by much.

Patient and disciplined in his stance, not jumping offsides when rushers do...large, strong hands to meet defenders with a jolt...versatile experience, starting at both left and right tackle over his career...voted a senior captain...tough-minded and has battled back from multiple injuries, working hard off the field to develop the mental part of the game - highly thought of by the coaching staff.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't play with overwhelming strength in the run game, lacking mauling qualities...room to add bulk and needs to improve his functional power to control blocks once engaged...bad habits as a run blocker, dropping his head and losing sight of his target...tends to stop his feet at the point of attack and needs to improve his grip timing to avoid holding calls...adequate length for the position, but doesn't consistently use his reach effectively.

Struggles to re-anchor, allowing his base to narrow against secondary moves...not a passive player, but doesn't play mean either...strong durability concerns, missing extended playing time over his career - multiple ankle injuries, including a sprain (Oct. 2011) that forced him to miss four games as a redshirt freshman and another sprain (Nov. 2014) as a senior; missed all of 2013 due to a torn labrum that required surgery (Aug. 2013).

IN OUR VIEW: A very tough player both physically and mentally, Green would be better known as a NFL prospect if not for his injury history. His skill-set doesn't scream special, but he's very consistent when on the field, playing like a seasoned veteran in pass protection with the body control, feet and instincts to mirror in his kickslide.

He needs to refine his technique and intensity as a run defender, but his movement skills allow him to block with range. Green offers position versatility and has more strengths than weaknesses, but the fragile tag will be tough to shake as he repeatedly dealt with injuries over his career - worth a later round pick if the medical report card doesn't report lingering damage.

--Dane Brugler

PLAYER OVERVIEW
A four-star offensive tackle recruit out of high school, Green attracted dozens of offers, committing to Florida over Ohio State, Georgia, Tennessee and USC.

After redshirting in 2010, he earned the starting right tackle job in 2011 and earned Freshman All-American honors, starting the first eight games before an ankle injury put him on the shelf. Green recorded 10 starts as a sophomore, but missed a few games due to injury in 2012 and then missed the entire 2013 season after a camp injury prior to the opener. He returned in 2014 and started 11 games, splitting time between left and rig

Status
Not open for further replies.