Official: Kellen Moore made OC, Kitna QB Coach

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is going to be great around here when Moore is named head coach in 2020 :muttley:

Jerry is not going to fire his new prodigy if things go south, Garrett will take the fall this time around. Lets hope that he will be allowed to install a different offense with some actual gameplanning and scheming. If he just calls what Garrett insists, not much will change :(

CWR

Reaction score
Sure they exist but they don't prove anything in the grand scheme of things.

Again, think back to the many people saying Chip Kelly was going to reinvent the pro game with his philosophies, play calling, etc.

He's now struggling at UCLA.

I don't think there's anything more accurate to say about this than at this point, we just don't know how this will work out but it's most definitely a risk making a one year NFL coach an OC.

It feels less risky because of who he is replacing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It is going to be great around here when Moore is named head coach in 2020 :muttley:

Jerry is not going to fire his new prodigy if things go south, Garrett will take the fall this time around. Lets hope that he will be allowed to install a different offense with some actual gameplanning and scheming. If he just calls what Garrett insists, not much will change :(

The problem with that, or at least my fear, is Moore really has only been exposed to one Offensive scheme.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Aaah you’re one of those who move the goal posts when proved wrong about something. Good bye.

I don't recall you being like this in the past, but maybe I'm confusing you with someone else here.

That, my friend, is a complete and unadulterated lie.

Giving you the benefit of a doubt, you must be confusing me with someone else here.

I've tried from the outset to make sense of the contortions that Jerry & Company have been going through... and it still could have made some sense if it had ended up that they were, indeed, bringing in someone from the outside to share duties with Moore in some way.

But now, the buffoonery is unmistakable, and irrefutable.

If it were any less than that, you for one might have tried to counterpoint one or more of the factoids I just laid out... but that doesn't serve your sunshine-pumping purposes like a good ol-fashioned denial/lie.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I pay no attention to what anyone says about Moore calling plays... this is Garrett's final year in his contract, and you'd better believe that even if Moore is physically mouthing plays, it will only be after thorough schooling from his superior on what he wants.
I really hope that's not the case, unless Garrett starts paying attention to how teams like the Rams and Patriots use the run.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m gonna hold out hope and pray it’s the right move. Well see. If he sucks him and Garrett are gone. If they do well we look like geniuses having him retire and join our staff.

I’m always so hopeful

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem with that, or at least my fear, is Moore really has only been exposed to one Offensive scheme.

Yup, at least bring some of that Boise St stuff here. We need misdirection, motion and playaction big time.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I really hope that's not the case, unless Garrett starts paying attention to how teams like the Rams and Patriots use the run.

I don't know what to assume about Garrett's future tendencies.

I believe Garrett is complicit in the Linehan offense, but not the architect.

I believe the opposite will be true given this situation... this will be Garrett's offense with some of the 30 year-old's modifications sprinkled here and there.

Gameover

Reaction score
And they said the Cowboys weren’t innovative!

When was last time you seen boy genius naked!

The guy in New England?

A bare *** naked, K.Moore,will surely give the Cowboys an early season, strategic advantage... Itll take a while for Other teams to adjust!

Last edited:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I've said it a thousand times...if you owned the most valuable company in the whole world....would you have CEO's and Presidents of the company that were on the job training? These are your Cowboys.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
So, how far Moore's branch grows is based on how he looks to you 4-5 months before training camp even starts? I get that you don't like the choice, and I don't mind saying I'm concerned myself, but it's nonsense to make definitive judgements about Moore's coaching career at this point.
Jason's track record grooming coaches and the fact that boy Kellen is Scott Linehan's illegitimate son gives me every reason to be concerned.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Look you can put whatever spin on it that you want.

What people say don't really have a bearing on how something will actually work out. It's just that simple.

I am pretty confident people around the NFL will look at this move curiously and admit it's a pretty big risk that might have a huge pay out or a really bad end result.
No spin. If I didnt say something that was factual please call me out on it. Im simply trying to understand the facts going into this offseason. The opinion of Kellen around the NFL is very high....this is either true or it is not. What happens moving forward is the big unknown but Kellen as the OC doesnt appear to be a bad decision as we speak. That could change come the 2019 regular season....to be continued.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mixed feelings. Obviously they could find many guys with more experience, BUT IF, IF, IF the report is true that Jerry is not extending Jason, I am OK with staying with this group, and if they fail, letting the next coach build his own staff...IF IF, IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. We know if they start 2-2 Jerry will extend Garrett for another decade...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: