*Official* Mario To Houston A "done Deal"...*6-yrs, 54m 26.5 guaranteed*

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Bigger?? Name some full time starting RBs he is bigger than. He is definitely comparable to Marshall Faulk and would have to be used the same way. He could not handle toting the rock like an Emmit Smith. Why would you pay him more money than the top running backs in the NFL like Tomlinson, Alexander, Portis, etc...? That is way too much money for a running back that will not be an everydown back.

Tiki Barber 5-10, 200#
Clinton Portis 5-11, 212# (actually about the same size)

Bush is not undersized in any way.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
terrible move by houston. mario williams may turn out to be peppers, but he may also turn out to be courtney brown. if they didn't want bush, they should have traded out.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Teague31 said:
terrible move by houston. mario williams may turn out to be peppers, but he may also turn out to be courtney brown. if they didn't want bush, they should have traded out.[/quote]

They tried to, but nobody would bite. They took the player that best fits their needs.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Micheal Irvin: Reggie Bush sells tickets!!!

LOL, so true, noone is going to pay to see Super Mario.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Bigger?? Name some full time starting RBs he is bigger than. He is definitely comparable to Marshall Faulk and would have to be used the same way. He could not handle toting the rock like an Emmit Smith. Why would you pay him more money than the top running backs in the NFL like Tomlinson, Alexander, Portis, etc...? That is way too much money for a running back that will not be an everydown back.

LT, Warrick Dunn, Tiki Barber, he's bigger than the guy he would have replaced in Houston... Domanick Davis, Travis Henry, Priest Holmes, Rudi Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, Dominic Rhodes, Chester Taylor, Brian Westbrook, Cadillac Williams, Julius, Kevin Jones... satisfied?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Yeah put LT is shorter and more compact. He came into the league at 220. He is probably even bigger right now.

Well, this is from their current player card, 5'10" 221...

Shorter and more compact?? What are we arguing here? You said he doesn't have the size to be the full time RB... Once he puts on 10-15 pounds of muscle, he'll be about the average size for an NFL RB

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
LT, Warrick Dunn, Tiki Barber, he's bigger than the guy he would have replaced in Houston... Domanick Davis, Travis Henry, Priest Holmes, Rudi Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, Dominic Rhodes, Chester Taylor, Brian Westbrook, Cadillac Williams, Julius, Kevin Jones... satisfied?

Those guys are all TALLER. I think he meant bigger as in bulk/weight.

cleverusername

Reaction score
Teague31 said:
terrible move by houston. mario williams may turn out to be peppers, but he may also turn out to be courtney brown. if they didn't want bush, they should have traded out.

:hammer:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
littlewebs said:
Those guys are all TALLER. I think he meant bigger as in bulk/weight.

As I've been saying, most of those guys outweigh Bush by about 10-20 pounds. Bush is gonna put on weight. If a guy is 5-10 and weighs 220, and Bush is 6-0 and ends up 215, that's not much difference in my eyes.

neosapien23

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

I'll give all those guys in bold. People like LT, Portis, and Juluis Jones are more compact and carry much more weight per height. Not to sure about how much Williams, Davis, Henry, etc.. weigh.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
One more thing... about his splitting time with White. He really only split CARRIES with White. He outgained him by 30 yards per game, and two yards per carry. Geez, his YPC was 8.7. That's outrageous even if it is college. If he has the highest YPC in the league, he's not going to have as many carries, and he wouldn't take as many hits either.

neosapien23

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
As I've been saying, most of those guys outweigh Bush by about 10-20 pounds. Bush is gonna put on weight. If a guy is 5-10 and weighs 220, and Bush is 6-0 and ends up 215, that's not much difference in my eyes.

I don't know. At 6-0 the ideal weight should be around 225 lbs. I am not saying Bush is a bust, I just don't think it is wise to pick him in the top three. He production will not warrant the salary he would get by being picked that high.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I'll give all those guys in bold. People like LT, Portis, and Juluis Jones are more compact and carry much more weight per height. Not to sure about how much Williams, Davis, Henry, etc.. weigh.

So are you saying you'd rather have Parker who is 5-10 209, than Bush who is 6-0 and will be 210-215? Either way we're splitting hairs here... Bush is a player. Everytime he touches the ball something amazing could happen. We haven't seen this type of RB since Barry Sanders.

Sorry, misunderstood your contention with the bolded players

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

Why are you under the assumption that Bush is going to put on weight? First off, USC has one of the premier strength and conditioning programs in the country and secondly, who's to say that Bush can retain his elusiveness if he does pack on 15 lbs.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Bottom line, I definitely think Bush is more of a sure thing than Williams. He may end up being a bust, but if he does, it's not going to be because he doesn't have the size to play in the NFL.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Why are you under the assumption that Bush is going to put on weight? First off, USC has one of the premier strength and conditioning programs in the country and secondly, who's to say that Bush can retain his elusiveness if he does pack on 15 lbs.

Well, I guess he might not... but most players do when they get into the NFL. Plus if you guys are so concerned about his size like it seems, then anyone else who is concerned with it can tell him they want him to put on the weight. He has the frame for it.

And as for his elusiveness, LT seems pretty elusive to me, but he's shorter and weighs more. Some guys just have those instincts, and Bush is one of those guys.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ten bucks says this is one of the biggest blunders in NFL history.