Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
10407632_10202295011655335_9117386288389695148_n.jpg

punchnjudy

Reaction score
The bottom line is that NFL crews miss PI or holding calls every game, usually multiple times per game. Considering the receiver also committed a blatant foul on the play, it's foolish how some fans and media members are trying to put some type of asterisk next to this victory. Dallas recovered from a bad call and scored a TD; Detroit cried on TV. Dallas went for it on 4th and 6 to get another score; Detroit punted on 4th and 1. They lost because they're losers. Period.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Wow, one post and I got banned from that site.... Their kinda sensitive over there.... :lmao2:

Don't feel bad... I got banned after over 10 years on their board for politely questioning a user calling me "dude"...

trickblue

Reaction score
The problem with this call is the call was reversed after the penalty was announced. I have seen flags thrown and then officials discuss it and then the flag gets picked up because of questionable angles, misinterpretation of the rules, etc. This flag was picked up after the ref announced the penalty and there is no question there's illegal contact prior to the ball arriving. Whether or not the facemask was touched the call was made on the early contact and by rule that is PI. If they looked at the facemask and that is the reason they picked up the flag then what about the illegal contact by Hitchens on the same play near the line of scrimmage when he grabbed his jersey? You can't go retroactive on a play and go back prior to the called foul to see if something earlier in the play is going to offset. No flag was thrown on the facemask so picking up the flag because of it doesn't make sense.

No sense in making a call right...

Bullet22

Reaction score
Even with the grabbing of the facemask, Hitchens was just running with the TE and was trying to block his view....He didn't put his hands up till the ball hit the receiver in the chest...

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Someone in the game day thread pointed out during the first half that as much as we'd seen calls go Detroit's way in the first half, we'd see things bounce our way in the second half. For the sake of NFL theatrics and whatnot, to keep the game close. Maybe they were on to something...

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Some tidbits from the Lions boards--

The NFL is fixed
They need to get a better party bus than Jerry next season
Morelli had an earpiece telling him to pick up the flag
The NFL narrative is clear - the Ice Bowl II - record ratings, flagship teams, biggest followings - we had no chance
They posted a link saying Dez had no idea taking your helmet off was a penalty and that's why they didn't flag him (LOL)
But almost universally--

They hope we beat the Packers in Lambeau.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Even with the grabbing of the facemask, Hitchens was just running with the TE and was trying to block his view....He didn't put his hands up till the ball hit the receiver in the chest...

A) The ball never hit the receiver in the chest, it hit Hitchens in the back. B ) How do you turn around when your facemask is being held on to?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
its funny how all the Cowboy haters are crying about the refs picking up the flag, yet none of them were crying when the NFL picked up the flag on Suh's suspension. I say CRY ME A RIVER then move on!! Green bay's next!!

GB fans think our game will be a cakewalk for them.

trickblue

Reaction score

The NFL is fixed
The NFL narrative is clear - the Ice Bowl II - record ratings, flagship teams, biggest followings - we had no chance
They posted a link saying Dez had no idea taking your helmet off was a penalty and that's why they didn't flag him (LOL)
But almost universally--

Give them all of that... they have to live in Detroit...

ringmaster

Reaction score

The NFL is fixed
But almost universally--

Yes indeed they're crying like some #####es especially over on Facebook it's sad when the narrative is about a no call PI, but yet the Lions get outscored 17-6 in the second half. There is this annoying Colts fan on facebook was saying the Packers is going to leave yellow and green marks all over our arses next week. The feeling is mutual because his Colts are their arses waxed by the Broncos.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes indeed they're crying like some #####es especially over on Facebook it's sad when the narrative is about a no call PI, but yet the Lions get outscored 17-6 in the second half. There is this annoying Colts fan on facebook was saying the Packers is going to leave yellow and green marks all over our arses next week. The feeling is mutual because his Colts are their arses waxed by the Broncos.

Colts fan still butthurt about week 16.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
its funny how all the Cowboy haters are crying about the refs picking up the flag, yet none of them were crying when the NFL picked up the flag on Suh's suspension. I say CRY ME A RIVER then move on!! Green bay's next!!

They should be crying about them only scoring 3 points in the second half, playing not to lose instead of going for it on 4th and one which resulted in a 10 yard punt and I think their long snapper was having issues as well. And then their QB fumbling twice on the last drive.