Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There is no rule specifically against this. The helmet rule is that you aren't allowed to remove your helmet while on the field of play. Dez didn't do that as he had his helmet off on the sideline. As for unsportsman like conduct, that completely at the referees discretion. He probably told Dez to go back and Dez did immediately. He showed discretion and didn't throw a flag on something that literally had no effect on the game.

Watch closely every game at the sidelines and you'll see plenty of players come onto the field without a helmet. Watch Beast Quake 2.0 and you'll see a Seahawks player run all the way from the bench into the endzone to celebrate the TD without his helmet on.

Good find..............I think most of the complaining is from folks that didn't want Dallas to win in the first place and are using a controversial call to keep from giving Dallas any credit.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
People forget that bad call the refs made in the beginning of the game when they called rougher the punter.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a horribly officiate game. Both sides have legitimate gripes. Having said that.............. Get over it.

MissouriCowboy

Reaction score
cry-me-a-river_o_2902001.jpg

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
its funny how all the Cowboy haters are crying about the refs picking up the flag, yet none of them were crying when the NFL picked up the flag on Suh's suspension. I say CRY ME A RIVER then move on!! Green bay's next!!

No, it's pathetic, really. As if this game, and only this game, came down to one bad officiating call. Cry me a river, indeed!

FiveTime

Reaction score
GB fans think our game will be a cakewalk for them.

That isn't feel that I get. My wife is from Wisconsin and we are friends and family with a lot of Green Bay fans. They didn't want to have to play Dallas.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
They are alive and well this morning.

So much talk about the ref (I forget his name) who apparently is always the ref when the Cowboys win.

Philly talk shows are blowing up regarding the "stinky" flag pick-up.

I guess Philly fans forget the "stinky" call during their Indianapolis game.

Salt in the wound. I love it!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Stafford fumbling twice on that last drive is ignored because of that call. But if it had been Romo you know that he would have been bashed to high heaven this morning. But Stafford will get a pass it seems.

Stafford is what, 0-20 in road games against winning teams?

"No road playoff win for the first time since 1957. No first away win over a team with a winning record."

Dallas fans make up stats to get mad about but Stafford and his 0-20? yea, we've got our own collection of unreasonable fans. :)

rynochop

Reaction score
Stafford fumbling twice on that last drive is ignored because of that call. But if it had been Romo you know that he would have been bashed to high heaven this morning. But Stafford will get a pass it seems.

Ive watched the morning shows since they came on. Zero mention of it.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
On Mike & Mike this morning they had retired and longtime referee Gerry Austin on the phone and he was asked if it was a penalty. Austin said that it was not PI since the receiver was still moving backward and had no chance to make this catch. He said it was incidental contact but also iterated that the only mistake by the official was that a flag was thrown. He went on to say if the flag is thrown they should have never reversed the call.

TonyS

Reaction score
I think the big issue here is that they threw the flag, then called the penalty and then picked up the flag with no explanation or anything. The best call there was a "no call". The second best call there was a flag, refs confer, then pick it up. To throw the flag, announce the penalty and then pick up the flag w/out making another call explaining the decision to pick up the flag was asinine and hurt both teams in the long run. The improper protocol now leads to conspiracy theories and, in some ways, taints the victory. There is now a feeling that the Lions were robbed and we didn't win fairly, when it had nothing to do with us, and everything to do with the refs being idiots.