Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

Aikbach

Reaction score
...it was actually offensive facemask grabbing, and Detroit dodged a flag themselves.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I count four potential penalties on the play (in order):

Offensive PI - Pettigrew using his arm to hold back Hitchens
Illegal Hands to the Face - Pettigrew had his hand wrapped in Hitchens' facemask
Defensive PI - Hitchens gave a little shove at the end as the ball neared
Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Dez running out on the field when he's not involved in the play

If anything, offset everything and replay the down.
Also, defensive holding as Hitchens tugged his jersey early in the route.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
haven't seen one media outlet show the back angle where he clearly grabs Hitchens' facemask

not one

I have. Not a major outlet per se. But I've seen enough reporters show the video and photo stills on twitter that "outrage" is more balanced.

erod

Reaction score
It was interference.

However, I didn't know picking up one flag can cause a team to get outscored, 24-6, to finish a game.

loublue22

Reaction score
I have. Not a major outlet per se. But I've seen enough reporters show the video and photo stills on twitter that "outrage" is more balanced.

please link some if you could, I'd like to see what honest people are saying

crazytown41

Reaction score
This is going to be the tuck rule all over again if we manage to win it all....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is going to be the tuck rule all over again if we manage to win it all....

It should have been offsetting penalties, and a do-over. But then, Caldwell should have gone for it on 4th down and converted that series, anyway. People are making a bigger deal out of the non-call than they need to, because it carries with it the whiff of controversy. The reality is, they should have converted that series, and then they'd have a fresh set of downs, and nobody knows what would have happened with that drive after that.

Bluestang

Reaction score
BJ is the one that threw the flag...the HL convinced him to pick up the flag.

Seems like the HL had the better view or nah?

links18

Reaction score
Remember kids, if it really was a conspiracy, no flag would have been thrown in the first place......

Hey, don't you know that the NFL office buzzed the officials to change the call on orders from Chris Christie?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I can understand why Detroit fans are upset, I'm sure we'd all be fuming if the situation was reversed. That being said, I'd be completely disingenuous if I said I wouldn't take the win even if it's "tainted" with a bad call.

Regardless, if the Lions truly were the better team, they would have managed to score more than 3 points in the second half.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I can understand why Detroit fans are upset, I'm sure we'd all be fuming if the situation was reversed. That being said, I'd be completely disingenuous if I said I wouldn't take the win even if it's "tainted" with a bad call.

Regardless, if the Lions truly were the better team, they would have managed to score more than 3 points in the second half.

I was furious at the punt call. Then Dallas punted and the punter was literally tackled, no call. Get over it Detroit.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
lions got away with holding too,this crew was not good.

This was a hodgepodge crew from the get-go... and pointed out on the broadcast...

Not sure how the NFL justifies this...

endersdragon

Reaction score
g148o.jpg
First attempt at a meme, couldn't get a better shot then this, how is it?