Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

punchnjudy

Reaction score
It's unfortunate they missed that blatant offensive PI call, but since they took a delay of game penalty it probably didn't make it any harder for Dallas to come back and win.

If Dez could get away with that, Dallas wouldn't even need a punter.

sbark

Reaction score
Do I see Pettigrew using the facemask to pull Hitchens closer to him...ie force contact to get a PI call?.........reaching? Almost reminds me of the old BBall play to snag a foul when down 1 with 3 seconds to go without possession.

Derinyar

Reaction score
That was a sloppy play all around. Hitchens held the TE early in the route. The TE face masked hitchens pretty badly. The back judge, with no real angle on the play, threw the PI. The Umpire called it before they really had a conference. The linesman on that side who had an angle said it was not enough for a call. The problem is really them announcing the penalty too quickly. If they had done the normal chat about it before announcing it and the linesman had said there wasn't enough contact from where I saw it they could have over ruled it, picked it up, and its basically a normal flag pickup. Sorta like the one where someone threw a flag for defensive holding when a guard, who was illegally down field, fell down on a passing play.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10915225_10205918338348322_7544976980332698644_n.jpg

loublue22

Reaction score
That was a sloppy play all around. Hitchens held the TE early in the route. The TE face masked hitchens pretty badly. The back judge, with no real angle on the play, threw the PI. The Umpire called it before they really had a conference. The linesman on that side who had an angle said it was not enough for a call. The problem is really them announcing the penalty too quickly. If they had done the normal chat about it before announcing it and the linesman had said there wasn't enough contact from where I saw it they could have over ruled it, picked it up, and its basically a normal flag pickup. Sorta like the one where someone threw a flag for defensive holding when a guard, who was illegally down field, fell down on a passing play.

yeah, the head ref messed up with the announcement, without that no one would care

sbark

Reaction score
Remember the forever controversy of Drew Pearson arm barring down the Vikes DB.............the Hail Mary.........Dallas gets into the history books again

Rogah

Reaction score
Listneing to the post game in Detroit...its pathetic. They believe this game is fixed. AS if the Cowboys were never losign this game 0-14. Or the fact that Stafford had TWO CHANCES to win this game.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of morons that think games are fixed when something like this happens.

If the game was fixed, it would have never gotten to the point it did or have been as close as it was. They don't call running into the punter if it was fixed for example.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of morons that think games are fixed when something like this happens.

If the game was fixed, it would have never gotten to the point it did or have been as close as it was. They don't call running into the punter if it was fixed for example.

Right. The game was shaping up just like last year to have Stafford win at the last minute if he wanted it. As a team that's what you want. You want the ball last to control your destiny. He got it last....TWICE. The guy on now isn't nearly as bad and he's calling it a collective effort. But the guys on before him.....such homers. That was ridiculous. They want the refs to be investigated.

loublue22

Reaction score
haven't seen one media outlet show the back angle where he clearly grabs Hitchens' facemask

not one

manster4ever

Reaction score
HUGE crap storm here in Michigan right now. Locusts, dogs mating with cats....real fire and brimstone stuff. God it's HILARIOUS!

Mansta54

Reaction score
It's this call, not calling Dez for running onto the field helmetless, and non-calls for holding on our OL that fuels all other NFL fans this week. I'll take the W.

Their oline did a lot of holding too.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Maybe we should remind the football world of Rolandos incredible INT blown dead or Murrays non-tackle......blown dead......both would've been scores.

Its a dam shame games are dictated by buffoons.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There was no pass interference. Most of the contact was initiated by the receiver. The defender had minimal contact to affect the play. Face guarding is fine so long you don't run into the receiver. It seems that the receiver was pulling him to initiate the contact. Thus it should have been a no call or PI against the offense.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Remember kids, if it really was a conspiracy, no flag would have been thrown in the first place......

plymkr

Reaction score
I wonder if the pass itself had anything to do with the flag being picked up. It was horribly under thrown and hit the defender in the middle of the back/shoulder. I wonder if the whole "uncatchable pass" came into effect. Just speculating. Also though, as someone said earlier, at that point in the game the Lions had a 3 point lead with 8 minutes left. It's still a hard sell to convince me that one play decided the game.

Hey do you guys remember when I posted this like an hour ago, well I watched the replay and it was a catchable ball, so I'm an idiot and I appreciate you guys not completely butchering me over that stupid post I made. Lol, and hey whoever posted the Kermit meme of saying that the Lions fans are complaining about the PI pickup but not complaining about the Suh appeal, fantastic. That was good

loublue22

Reaction score
Hey do you guys remember when I posted this like an hour ago, well I watched the replay and it was a catchable ball, so I'm an idiot and I appreciate you guys not completely butchering me over that stupid post I made. Lol, and hey whoever posted the Kermit meme of saying that the Lions fans are complaining about the PI pickup but not complaining about the Suh appeal, fantastic. That was good

it's not a point totally without merit

it wasn't uncatchable by rule, but it was very underthrown and the receiver didn't try to come back to the ball, instead trying to create space for a back shoulder