Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I'm going to have to fight these haters off at work all week. This SF lover had the nerve to tell me that's the worse call he's seen in the history of the NFL. And if the call would have stood we would have lost.

When SF was having all their problems this year, no one said a word to him because what was going on was all that was needed to make them miserable.

I stood toe to toe with him with all his fantasies. He act like we wouldn't have scored if they would have scored on that drive. I hate it for him. Respect the :star:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
That was running into the kicker. It was a good call.

It was but then they hit out kicker too.

I think the penalty for that is wrong. Too high a price.

They should have 15 yard penalty and re kick out of endzone. No first down. Just bail them out of endzone.

Danger

Reaction score
Hand those babies a tissue to wipe their tears, smile, and walk away. It's what I did to my loud mouth Giants friend.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm so sick of the crying about it already. Bad calls happen every single game to every single team.

Bad calls and bad no calls.

It's a part of the game. They happen. They're not the reason the Detroit defense blew a 20-7 second half lead.

Anyone trying to claim that Detroit lost because of that one play, and they were cheated out of the win, are idiots.

Per and simple.

ringmaster

Reaction score
I'm going to have to fight these haters off at work all week. This SF lover had the nerve to tell me that's the worse call he's seen in the history of the NFL. And if the call would have stood we would have lost.

When SF was having all their problems this year, no one said a word to him because what was going on was all that was needed to make them miserable.

I stood toe to toe with him with all his fantasies. He act like we wouldn't have scored if they would have scored on that drive. I hate it for him. Respect the :star:
I feel for him too one thing is for sure he would trade the farm to have Romo at QB, than Colin Crapernick as a matter of fact who will be their new coach and secondly how will that coach feel about the current QB situation he is miserable lol.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Rest assure, if we win the Superbowl expect everyone to put an asterisk next to it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

They should have 15 yard penalty and re kick out of endzone. No first down. Just bail them out of endzone.

Our running into the kicker would not have resulted in a first down anyway. The running into Detroit's kicker was the right call. Jones on the other hand was not hit into his plant leg.

I don't think it is too severe of a penalty (it's only 5 yards unless it is egregious and then it is 15 yards). Detroit only got 5 yards. And we still let them drive another 89 yards for the TD. And even that would not have happened if we didn't treat Stafford like he was Randall Cunningham.

YR

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Our running into the kicker would not have resulted in a first down anyway. The running into Detroit's kicker was the right call. Jones on the other hand was not hit into his plant leg.

I don't think it is too severe of a penalty (it's only 5 yards unless it is egregious and then it is 15 yards). Detroit only got 5 yards. And we still let them drive another 89 yards for the TD. And even that would not have happened if we didn't treat Stafford like he was Randall Cunningham.

YR

Yeah but more times than not when you give a team new life in a series... The result is they get revitalized and plays start working.

3 and out. That was sweet! But then penalty!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Yeah but more times than not when you give a team new life in a series... The result is they get revitalized and plays start working.

3 and out. That was sweet! But then penalty!

I can see if you have the ball near the 50. But 89 yards is another thing.

And we had them shut down on the next series, but Patmon couldn't tackle Stafford on 3rd down.

Got to execute simply plays like that.

YR

Doomsday101

Reaction score

And we had them shut down on the next series, but Patmon couldn't tackle Stafford on 3rd down.

YR

I agree there were some early blown plays by the Cowboys, Patmon missed tackle on Stafford was pretty pathetic. Patmon is a better player than that.

Jenky

Reaction score
That is a great view of the play. I seriously don't see defensive pass interference in that .gif

Should have never thrown the flag in the first place.

It's cause there's no defensive pass interference. If you wanna call hold/illegal contact for the jersey tug, fine.

Other than that, it was face guarding with Pettigrew pulling the face mask.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

YR

Yes. But no penalty and we aren't discussing this.

Great win!

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I think it should be just like any other penalty on a kick, such as a block in the back or holding. It's 10 (or 5) yards from the spot of the foul, or from here the ball was caught in the case of holding. It's after the kick, so the offense shouldn't move up, the offending team should just have to move back on where they get the ball.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
3rd and 8 Detroit up 7-0. This is after the roughing the punter. Stafford scrambles and the defensive back misses the tackle however the defensive lineman has Stafford dead to rights until Bell shoves him in the back and Stafford picks up the first down. Detroit goes on to score. Calls or non calls go both ways

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I dont know if its been mentioned but Dez is lucky he didnt get flagged for running onto the field to argue, and without his helmet.

I love his fire, but you gotta know when to be smart and reel that stuff in

Not sure there is a penalty there. Dez didn't interfere with the official while a play was under way, and he didn't take off his helmet while on the field.

The purpose of the helmet penalty is to "reduce taunting and overexuberant celebrations" and also for safety reasons. None of that was in play at the moment, so the official correctly did not call a penalty.

I can't find any rule against players stepping out on the field to argue a call.

Derinyar

Reaction score
The interesting part is the complaints about this one play showing a fix is in. This pretty much ignores what happened earlier in the game. The OPI on Williams, in which he was chucked into a defender by anohter defender. The first of the two back to back sacks on Romo in the red zone that was mostly due to Levy, I believe it was, giving DeMarco a really sweet hug in the middle of the field before the ball is thrown.

Basically the refs had established a very permissive setup for the day. They were allowing the DBs to play a lot, as well as the offensive lines. They pretty much kept that up throughout the game. The Hitchens non PI to me fits in here. They let the TE play on the play. They let Hitchens play on the play, though I think the TE actually caused the contact by Hitchens with the tug on the face mask.

Cebrin

Reaction score
g19nu.jpg

Contact that was caused by a facemask!