Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Chris Carter in Mike and Mike right now taking them to school on why that was NOT PI.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
And you won't hear a peep about it all week. That's what pisses me off about the call. It's overshadowing a hell of a performance by Romo + a game winning drive in the playoffs.

But don't worry. If he's anything less than perfect next week and Dallas loses he'll get crucified in the media.

and by fans he let down, again, in their eyes.

ringmaster

Reaction score
With the way so many announcers and talking heads and fans talk about face guarding, i was surprised to find out it's not actually illegal in the NFL. Hitchens doesn't have to turn his head.
You best believe it will be a hot topic during the offseason at Competition Committee and might make it a penalty due to it being one in college.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I notice the national media is still purposely avoiding showing the angle with the hands to the face and straightening of the elbow on the push off.

And nobody is talking abut how Terrance Williams was called for PI when he was rag dolled into a defender. Witten had a 1st down negated. Dallas isn't crying about it because Romo doesn't suck like Stafford and completed the 3rd and 15.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I am enjoying the whinning. The guys on the NFL channel on sirius/xm are besides themselves. Like I've said before.....When the Cowboys haters are hating, in only means one thing, the Cowboys are winning.

Yea, I was listening to them earlier. I love how Bob Papa, a noted Giants fan, tells people calling in in support of the Cowboys that "they're Cowboys fans and, therefore, biased", while at the same time ignoring the fact that he is a Giants fan which, by extension, makes him also biased.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
I notice the national media is still purposely avoiding showing the angle with the hands to the face and straightening of the elbow on the push off.

And nobody is talking abut how Terrance Williams was called for PI when he was rag dolled into a defender. Witten had a 1st down negated. Dallas isn't crying about it because Romo doesn't suck like Stafford and completed the 3rd and 15.

IN all fairness. That PI on Williams was negate by the next play when he scored a TD. I'm actually glad they called it given the final results!:laugh:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
b4e289f7d090472690a8024f41c040e70a0778d00d4ce4a43ed99c9eddf7b38c.jpg

They are demanding a league investigation. Lol.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Plus they got the ball back with how many minutes on the clock???
We scored 1 more point than they did. Man up and do something about it. We did.
Yes we did and the Lions didn't no one is talking about the fact that Stafford is 0-18 in road games as a starter that has to hurt especially how yesterday's game unfolded.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Maybe my point wasn't clear. It is the way that the penalty was handled that added much more fuel to the fire. If the flag had been thrown and then the refs got together and decided to pick it up [before announcing the penalty] and the head referee announced that there was no defensive pass interference because (insert reason here), it would have still been controversial, but not as outrageous (at least in the minds of non-Cowboys fans) as them announcing the penalty to the stadium and the world and the picking up the flag w/out telling anyone why.

You are right, the Zone would have EXPLODED if this had happened to us. We'd be discussing it for years.

They picked up an Offensive PI flag against DET earlier in the game. It happens all the time.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I love all the conspiracy theories but there's one question they can't answer. Where has the league been for the past 18 years? There have been numerous occasions that Dallas could have used some help from the refs to get in the playoffs or advance further but it never seemed to come. I wonder why the league let us down all those years? Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm kind of pissed!

nathanlt

Reaction score
Man I will take it.. We are owed about 20 more of those calls.

Unfortunately, the NFL makes its decision based on public opinion. Expect to see blatant anti-Dallas calls in Green Bay. Call me a pessimist in this regard, but I see it coming a mile away.

EST_1986

Reaction score
If that happened against us then we will all be acting the same way. It was something I've never seen happen before as most of you probably haven't seen either.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Maybe my point wasn't clear. It is the way that the penalty was handled that added much more fuel to the fire. If the flag had been thrown and then the refs got together and decided to pick it up [before announcing the penalty] and the head referee announced that there was no defensive pass interference because (insert reason here), it would have still been controversial, but not as outrageous (at least in the minds of non-Cowboys fans) as them announcing the penalty to the stadium and the world and the picking up the flag w/out telling anyone why.

You are right, the Zone would have EXPLODED if this had happened to us. We'd be discussing it for years.

I completely understand where you are coming from. That was the first time I have saw a flag thrown, some of the refs talk it over, announce the penalty, then talk some more, and say no penalty. At the end of the day, the refs did get it right though, the TE did grab the facemask of Mincey. It won't stop the Cowboys haters though. It just fuels their fire.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so I gotta ask, am I the only one who sees Pettigrew grabbing Hitchens' left shoulder and pulling him down?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Everything about that play looks like a Cowboys penalty.

It's over though. Dallas won.