Official Randal El to Skins thread...

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
Over at ES they are acting like they just signed the missing link and are now on their way to theSB lol.. they just paid 25 million for a return guy basically. Pretty funny if u ask me.

He's a joke and they are a joke- I'd prefer Patten.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Come on guys, you know we always over pay for everyone and restructure or release them

I never am shocked by the numbers when I see who we have signed as an FA

It is clear though that Gibbs and Saunders want some serious speed at the wideout position, with Moss, Randle-El, and Patten we have 3 major deep threats, and Lloyd isn't exactly slow footed either

Way too early to judge this move on my part, I just know that the plan is speed on the outside

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24 said:
Randle got paid, But I still say he is way overrated, I like the Loyd trade a lot better.
I agree. I like Randle El, but I like the Lloyd trade better also...

Randle El won't have Hines Ward on the other side of him. Hmmm....

Catch-22

Reaction score
This offseason reeks of Daniel Snyder for the Commanders.

Two big contracts and two first day draft picks given up for... 2 backup WRs?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Depending on how they use Randle El, this could be a good signing. He's a weapon and provides a lot of versatility.

With that said, he averages under 2 receiving touchdowns a season and caught only one this year despite starting 15 games.

They definitely have a lot of speed now at receiver.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about the move.

But, lets be clear.

replace "Danny" with "Gibbs" when talking about who's making the final call here.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
We get our WR Tuesday

Catch-22

Reaction score
oh wait, I forgot, they have that one 2nd round pick to fix the rest of roster

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Bigdog24 said:
Randle got paid, But I still say he is way overrated, I like the Loyd trade a lot better.

Lloyd is a much better receiver. Randle brings the gadgets.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Catch-22 said:
This offseason reeks of Daniel Snyder for the Commanders.

Two big contracts and two first day draft picks given up for... 2 backup WRs?

How much did they pay Lloyd? I never saw.

sago1

Reaction score
Last time I checked they beat us twice this year. At least they trying to get better. And Snyder spent big bucks bringing in good defensive and offensive coach coordinators. Also bet they not done yet. Skins fans must be thrilled; I don't even want to read their extremeskins board.

And we've got only Kosier -- no FS, no RT, no PK (do any of us really believe Jerry will sign Vinatieri) & don't know of anyone else coming in. I'm aware we don't need high priced stars/players at every position, but we do need upgrades. Of course, given the play we had at those 3 needed positions, an upgrade would be anybody who can breathe & understand how to put on a uniform. The only unhappier people then some of us are would the Eagle fans.

superpunk

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365504

Updated: March 12, 2006, 3:41 PM ET
Commanders add Randle El to receiving corps

Former Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El has agreed to a six-year deal with the Washington Commanders, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.
Randle El turned down a six-year, $18 million offer from the Bears that included $8 million to sign.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Dale said:
With that said, he averages under 2 receiving touchdowns a season and caught only one this year despite starting 15 games.

And speed is definitley the plan in DC

I am not exactly doing backflips over these moves, because well I was never thrilled with this year's FA class to begin with. However this should now prevent teams from loading up the box against Portis, which happened many times last year once teams figured out to double Moss

So with a 3 WR set of Moss, Lloyd, and Randle-El, Cooley at TE, and Portis in the backfield, there are a lot of options that Brunell or Campbell will have, and it should in theory give a D some pause before loading up in the box

But we will see how it plays out, I for one have never been that impressed by Randle El

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dale said:

No they don't Dale.

El is more "quick" than fast. He's Ok. But he's nothing special.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Come on guys, you know we always over pay for everyone and restructure or release them

I never am shocked by the numbers when I see who we have signed as an FA

It is clear though that Gibbs and Saunders want some serious speed at the wideout position, with Moss, Randle-El, and Patten we have 3 major deep threats, and Lloyd isn't exactly slow footed either

Way too early to judge this move on my part, I just know that the plan is speed on the outside

Neither am I SHF. Out of the three Lloyd is the gig. Good catch IMO.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SkinsHokieFan said:
And speed is definitley the plan in DC

I am not exactly doing backflips over these moves, because well I was never thrilled with this year's FA class to begin with. However this should now prevent teams from loading up the box against Portis, which happened many times last year once teams figured out to double Moss

So with a 3 WR set of Moss, Lloyd, and Randle-El, Cooley at TE, and Portis in the backfield, there are a lot of options that Brunell or Campbell will have, and it should in theory give a D some pause before loading up in the box

But we will see how it plays out, I for one have never been that impressed by Randle El

Theres the problem for you right there!! :laugh2: