Official Randal El to Skins thread...

superpunk

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Nope, it's crap frankly- I would much rather have used a draft pick to get a real #1 receiver than two #3s that cost God knows how much money and a 3rd and 4th round pick. They just can't resist the big name, over hyped player.

Well, you can't call it crap. I think Moss proved he was legit last year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
And you would be right. It's an upgrade. Not a huge one, and nowhere near worth the compensation provided.

Exactly.

As usual the skins have overpaid (by far) for a player.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
And you would be right. It's an upgrade. Not a huge one, and nowhere near worth the compensation provided.

Considering how many more dollars Dan gets from sponsors and the radio gig then the tickets I buy for below faced, I clearly could care less about compensation

Hey if Dan wants to spend his money fine by me. By the same token if Jerry wants to spend his money fine by me also

Is it the greatest WR corps ever? No, not even close. But what it will do is prevent teams from loading up on CP in the box. You cannot have 8 in the box with Moss, Lloyd and Randle El in the lineup

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ArmchairRedskin said:
Nobody here was scared of Moss last year.

I'm just sayin.....

Exactly...I wasn't...Until I went to that Monday Night Game...

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Considering how many more dollars Dan gets from sponsors and the radio gig then the tickets I buy for below faced, I clearly could care less about compensation

When I say compensation, it can't just be relegated to the realm of a singular contract. Signing fat contracts to two overhyped WRs is going to make your already slipping defense even more neglected. Continuing to throw away draft picks prevents the team from ever developing talent, and so the cycle of bringing in other teams' talent and overpaying continues.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
What not really...It's not a good move?

I think your wrong.

He's a good player and can't do anything but help them...Which is not Good For the Cowboys.

If your Happy about that...Ok...I'm Not.

Nope, not a good move and not a good player, frankly. He's good for about 25-40 catches a year, a couple of TDs, some nice returns, a few gadget plays, and that's about it- and that playing in an easy division for his whole career. It's just another big name move that will do nothing for them.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
Would you pay 25 mill over 6 years for a guy coming off a 35 catch, 558 yard receiving year?

for his career he averages ~ 40 catches, 500 yards receiving, and 2 tds per year

He might have been the best FA WR, but still overrated and overhyped. He's quick, not fast and he's short. I just don't get spending that much on a guy who will be the 4th most talented WR. Maybe they aren't planning on signing a 3rd string QB...

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Quick question though guys since you have expierence with this?

Is this what cap hell looks like?

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
When I say compensation, it can't just be relegated to the realm of a singular contract. Signing fat contracts to two overhyped WRs is going to make your already slipping defense even more neglected. Continuing to throw away draft picks prevents the team from ever developing talent, and so the cycle of bringing in other teams' talent and overpaying continues.

Seriously, how is the D slipping? And if we are losing dollars how are we on the verge of singing Archuleta and Andre Carter?

What I do agree with, to an extent is draft picks. I don't feel like making a long winded post about this on your board, but this is how the Commanders of the 80s were built, on free agents

The 1982 superbowl team had 26 free agents. Gibbs uses the draft not to fill particular needs, but to build some depth and have guys ready to step in a few years down the line. Players like Molinara, Broughton, McCune, and Campbell are examples of that

It does however give us less margin for error in the draft. But then again the Iggles have had double digit draft picks the past few years and have yet to win a Superbowl

And as all of us know, thats what it is all about

superpunk

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
One year does not a career make.

Nope, and he could bomb next year. But, he's had two good years, and IMO is a pretty darn good receiver. The other moves....whoop-dee-do.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Nope, not a good move and not a good player, frankly. He's good for about 25-40 catches a year, a couple of TDs, some nice returns, a few gadget plays, and that's about it- and that playing in an easy division for his whole career. It's just another big name move that will do nothing for them.

I'm quite sure that he will do many things for them...Hopefully they won't be against the Cowboys.

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Seriously, how is the D slipping? And if we are losing dollars how are we on the verge of singing Archuleta and Andre Carter?

What I do agree with, to an extent is draft picks. I don't feel like making a long winded post about this on your board, but this is how the Commanders of the 80s were built, on free agents

The 1982 superbowl team had 26 free agents. Gibbs uses the draft not to fill particular needs, but to build some depth and have guys ready to step in a few years down the line. Players like Molinara, Broughton, McCune, and Campbell are examples of that

Ranked third in 04, 10th in 05. Looks like a slip to me.

1982 was 1982 - there was no salary cap then, either. So, Gibbs can keep on WAYYYYYYYYY overpaying for a midget return man who throws a nice pass on end-arounds. Hope they run that play about 86 times next year, get their money's worth.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
One thing to consider. Moss was significantly better than the most optimistic projections. He has never been considered a superstar, and players who have a career year often return to their true level the following year. Moss might revert to his Jets persona - decent player, but not a big-timer. He wouldn't be the first...

DallasKen

Reaction score
Randle El is grossly overrated. This signing doesn't impress me at all. I liked the Lloyd signing better. Maybe if Jesus Gibbs and the littlelest telemarketer, Snyder, buy up every player in the league, they can finally win a superbowl since no other teams will have any players.

SouthernStar

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
He's a joke and they are a joke-
That "joke" beat us twice last year, got into the playoffs and won a game there.
If Randel El isn't any good, then why do all the sites have him rated high?

I get a laugh out of some folks here. If WE had signed him, you'd be saying nice things about him.

ghst187

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Quick question though guys since you have expierence with this?

Is this what cap hell looks like?

doesn't seem to be that bad does it?
You guys have done more this offseason to get better with negative 15 million than we have with 23 mil to spend.

DallasKen

Reaction score
SouthernStar said:
That "joke" beat us twice last year, got into the playoffs and won a game there.
If Randel El isn't any good, then why do all the sites have him rated high?

I get a laugh out of some folks here. If WE had signed him, you'd be saying nice things about him.

You need the link to extreme skins? You might be more at home and comfortable there.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Too much money for another small WR/KR. He will not be worth it. The Skins have no real possession WR- and no one that can go over the middle on a regular basis without landing on IR. No problem at all for even a regular size CB to chuck them to the ground at the LOS.
And add to this they are relying on a QB that has a history of being injured- and they have no viable backup.
I see them starting out pretty good- then getting injured and fading down the stretch. sort of like us last year.