Official Randal El to Skins thread...

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
im a diehard cowboys fan but i give snyder credit for doing whatever it takes to make his team better.

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
I sense alot of anger Cowboy fans :laugh2: .......

But hey on the topic of "overspending" way to pay Kooiser .....:laugh1: ........

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
No they don't Dale.

El is more "quick" than fast. He's Ok. But he's nothing special.

Agree. But he will get seperation, and he does have deceptive speed even if his 40 is pedestrian

Like I have said, what it will do is prevent teams from loading up on Portis. You cannot put 8 in the box when the Commanders have Moss, Lloyd and ARE on the field

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MrRedskin28 said:
I sense alot of anger Cowboy fans :laugh2: .......

But hey way to pay Kooiser.....:laugh1: ........

No one is scared by Randle El or Llyod

Both are average WRs who you vastly overpaid for. But hey, we wouldnt expect anything less from Little Napolean

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like Randle El, but that money is outrageous. Good player, good character guy, nowhere near that kind of value to a team.

Well, they have their 3 WRs set to compliment Portis and Cooley.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
No they don't Dale.

El is more "quick" than fast. He's Ok. But he's nothing special.
:bow: Thanks, I was just getting ready to say the same- in fact speed was never the name of his game, he is shifty, but not fast. His shiftiness made him a good returner, but his hands and speed (or lack thereof) made him a blah receiver. I applaud them much more for the Lloyd move.

MrRedskin28

Benched
Reaction score
No one is scared by Randle El or Llyod

Both are average WRs who you vastly overpaid for. But hey, we wouldnt expect anything less from Little Napolean

that "May" be but you have concern for Santana and these two guys will be open if you decide to triple or double santana.....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Had to be the signing bonus difference. Skins had to give him $24.9247820189 million up front?

superpunk

Reaction score
MrRedskin28 said:
that "May" be but you have concern for Santana and these two guys will be open if you decide to triple or double santana.....

Yeah, just like Patten & co. were last year....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:

Outside of Moss, I'm not "scared" of Lloyd or El.

This isn't a great receiving corps by any stretch of the imagination.

ghst187

Reaction score
well El and Lloyd are a heck of a lot better than Thrash and Patton. Combine those two with Moss and the best O coordinator in the league...yeah Wash should be a ton better on offense next year. A lot of good players seem to go there and not do well for whatever reason, I'm guessing these guys will have a lot less impact than Gibbs expects but no doubt their WR will be better than it was, chemistry or not.
So far in Napoleon's tenure, he has managed the team in total reactionary mode. One year, their defense stinks, so they go sign every high priced name they can get, most of which were over the hill. And they trade away all their draft picks to do it. Last year, their offense stunk so here we go with the every high priced Offensive free agent they can overpay. So now their defense gets neglected again. Meanwhile they lost a lot of depth over there.
I don't think Napoleon is going to win a championship because he's going about it the wrong way, trying to buy it vs build it.

50cent

Reaction score
Moss
Lloyd
Branch
El

Thats a very little WR core. I know they wont to re-invent the smurfs, but that whos going across the middle or are all of them just going to go deep?

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:

I would say Lloyd, ARE, and Patten are better then Thrash, Jacobs, and Jimmy Farris

Once Patten went down, it was pretty obvious how to stop the Commanders passing game

Although I think Bill Parcells forget about Chris Cooley in mid December :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Nonsense. Best in the league! Or at least I'm sure that's what we'll hear about this trio of overpayed, overhyped yahoos for the nest 7 months.:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
uh, not really.

What not really...It's not a good move?

I think your wrong.

He's a good player and can't do anything but help them...Which is not Good For the Cowboys.

If your Happy about that...Ok...I'm Not.

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
I would say Lloyd, ARE, and Patten are better then Thrash, Jacobs, and Jimmy Farris

And you would be right. It's an upgrade. Not a huge one, and nowhere near worth the compensation provided.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Given that the new CBA was put in place, the Commanders weren't really forced to give up Arrington. So in a sense what they've done is to ''swap' Lavar and a couple of draft picks for Lloyd and Randle El.. Maybe they'l sign a couple of other players too, but for now I wouldn't exactly classify that as genius. Gibbs has a vision of what he wants to do on offense. We'll see how it works out.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Nope, it's crap frankly- I would much rather have used a draft pick to get a real #1 receiver than two #3s that cost God knows how much money and a 3rd and 4th round pick. They just can't resist the big name, over hyped player.