Official Randal El to Skins thread...

SouthernStar

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Last time I checked they beat us twice this year. At least they trying to get better. And Snyder spent big bucks bringing in good defensive and offensive coach coordinators. Also bet they not done yet. Skins fans must be thrilled; I don't even want to read their extremeskins board.
Me neither. I'm gonna wait until their enthusiam dies down before I go there to read any jokes......

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
SouthernStar said:
If Randel El isn't any good, then why do all the sites have him rated high?

Those ratings are all relative. Its a WEAK free agent class. Lots of money being thrown at players that are "top" tier this year, but wouldn't be nearly as high in a better free agent year.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ranked third in 04, 10th in 05. Looks like a slip to me.

1982 was 1982 - there was no salary cap then, either. So, Gibbs can keep on WAYYYYYYYYY overpaying for a midget return man who throws a nice pass on end-arounds. Hope they run that play about 86 times next year, get their money's worth.

Seriously, do you think that I, as a Commanders fan care about the cap situation? Especially after this year

The D will be fine once again, with Carter and Archuleta being brought in. I am definitley not worried about that side of the ball

The problems the last 2 years has been on O, with teams being able to load up the box and put 8 men down there, stuff Portis, and last year able to double Moss and single whatever other bum we had at WR

With Lloyd, Randle-El and Moss, a D can no longer put 8 men in the box. Clearly this will open more room up for Portis and help keep the offense balanced

Right now the only move that has failed in the Gibbs 2 era (personell wise) was Mike Barrow. Every single other move he has made has panned out just fine and dandy

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Seriously, do you think that I, as a Commanders fan care about the cap situation? Especially after this year

The D will be fine once again, with Carter and Archuleta being brought in. I am definitley not worried about that side of the ball

Keep the blinders on. The dark is nice.....:laugh2:

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Keep the blinders on. The dark is nice.....:laugh2:

B&G glasses over here baby

Our slipping D held your offense to 20 points in 2 games. 7 of which came after you were down 35-0, and the other 7 on a flea flicker

Yeah I am worried about our D slipping

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
DallasKen said:

Hey just here to talk football, I am not in a mood for a homeristic orgasm over signing a number 3 WR that is occuring on my home board

Much more interesting reading opinions over here

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
SouthernStar said:
That "joke" beat us twice last year, got into the playoffs and won a game there.
If Randel El isn't any good, then why do all the sites have him rated high?

I get a laugh out of some folks here. If WE had signed him, you'd be saying nice things about him.

Correct.

Many Cowboy fans are in denial. The fact is right now we are getting outhustled by teams with a third of our cap room.

DallasKen

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
Hey just here to talk football, I am not in a mood for a homeristic orgasm over signing a number 3 WR that is occuring on my home board

Yeah whatever. You're flame baiting. Simple as that. Next.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:

So, you decide to come to this board to have your "homeristic orgasm "? Where were all you fools that last 5 or 6 years? :confused:

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
B&G glasses over here baby

Our slipping D held your offense to 20 points in 2 games. 7 of which came after you were down 35-0, and the other 7 on a flea flicker

Yeah I am worried about our D slipping

3rd ranked in 04, 10th in 05. Another slip like that will have you middle of the pack. There were some numbers on here the other day, comparing your defensive stats with Arrington starting, versus not. They were quite revealing. I know the only thing that matters, after years of toilet-bowl teams, in Commander land is the Cowboys....but you played other teams, too. Like him or not, your run defense is MUCH worse without LaVar. Hope Saunders has you guys around #1 next year, I think your defense will need it.:)

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
DallasKen said:
Yeah whatever. You're flame baiting. Simple as that. Next.

Actually flaming would be "OH MY GOD WE JUST SIGNED RANDLE EL WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL Commanders RULE COWBOYS DROOL"

If you can't handle debate maybe you shouldn't be on a message board

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Correct.

Many Cowboy fans are in denial. The fact is right now we are getting outhustled by teams with a third of our cap room.

MANY Cowboys fans would have never wanted Randle El, and REALLY not wanted him for that salary. The intellligence of the move has nothing to do with the team he signed with.

apickmans

Reaction score
Cmon guys....the cowboys will sign TO and all of you will be happy. I'm still waiting for the eagles to do something. Another thing...for all those people who keep saying we probably overspent for a #3 receiver are just wrong. Randle El can return punts as well(since we are terrified everytime antonio brown fields one) and hes versatile as hell.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
3rd ranked in 04, 10th in 05. Another slip like that will have you middle of the pack. There were some numbers on here the other day, comparing your defensive stats with Arrington starting, versus not. They were quite revealing. I know the only thing that matters, after years of toilet-bowl teams, in Commander land is the Cowboys....but you played other teams, too. Like him or not, your run defense is MUCH worse without LaVar. Hope Saunders has you guys around #1 next year, I think your defense will need it.:)

A key thing in those stats on with Lavar and without Lavar that was missed was our record

5-3 with Lavar

5-3 without Lavar

No doubt his athleticsm and presence will be missed. I'd be a damn fool to say we are going to be a number 1 D without Arrington

However, it aint gonna be a sieve either that you make it out to be. The real key to the Washington defense is Cournillies Griffin. With him in the game we give up far fewer points then without him

With an offense that could actually put up more then 21 points a game now, our D doesn't have to be perfect like it had to be the past 2 years

Of course when you jump out to 35-0, and 52-7 leads, you do tend to relax a bit on defense

Going back to Randle-El and Lloyd. As I will repeat with you guys I am sure many times this offseason, we have now given Clinton Portis much more room around the LOS. Not having 8 men in the box everytime he lines up is going to be huge

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
5Stars said:
So, you decide to come to this board to have your "homeristic orgasm "? Where were all you fools that last 5 or 6 years? :confused:

If my posts are homeristic or orgasmic ever on this board let me know, call me out on it, and I will be happy to leave

And its the nature of fans, for the past 5 or 6 years ES was filled with trolls from every other team in the NFC East on our board. Suddenly they dissapeared this year

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
A key thing in those stats on with Lavar and without Lavar that was missed was our record

5-3 with Lavar

5-3 without Lavar

No doubt his athleticsm and presence will be missed. I'd be a damn fool to say we are going to be a number 1 D without Arrington

However, it aint gonna be a sieve either that you make it out to be. The real key to the Washington defense is Cournillies Griffin. With him in the game we give up far fewer points then without him

With an offense that could actually put up more then 21 points a game now, our D doesn't have to be perfect like it had to be the past 2 years

Of course when you jump out to 35-0, and 52-7 leads, you do tend to relax a bit on defense

You have no idea what your offense is going to put out there next year, so don't assume they'll be scoring over 20. Griffin's a beast, no doubt, but without LaVar the run defense struggles, they struggle to mount a legit pass rush from the front seven, it's a pretty big domino effect. Then, your offense has less time with the ball....snowballs. You better hope they've got some OLB or DE additions in mind. Otherwise I think that defense will continue to drop.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
If my posts are homeristic or orgasmic ever on this board let me know, call me out on it, and I will be happy to leave

And its the nature of fans, for the past 5 or 6 years ES was filled with trolls from every other team in the NFC East on our board. Suddenly they dissapeared this year

That is a blatant lie! If a member of another team goes to ES and does half of what you fools do here....it's "nice playing with you, bye"!

Deny that...show everyone your true self! :bastid:

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
You have no idea what your offense is going to put out there next year, so don't assume they'll be scoring over 20. Griffin's a beast, no doubt, but without LaVar the run defense struggles, they struggle to mount a legit pass rush from the front seven, it's a pretty big domino effect. Then, your offense has less time with the ball....snowballs. You better hope they've got some OLB or DE additions in mind. Otherwise I think that defense will continue to drop.

I am sorry man, I just don't see it happening, and even in your attempt to belittle our moves, you don't see a big drop off either

Lavar didn't play very much in 2004, yet our run D was still amongst tops in the NFL. So if you are gonna try and compare look at both 2004 and 2005.

The D has not had much of a pass rush from the front 7 the past 2 years (except for one game late in December of 2005 where a Phillip Daniels had 4 sacks)

I am not worried there either

The offense with less time with the ball? Doubt it, because no matter what personell is on our O, Gibbs is still a guy who likes to control the clock, run the ball, and hit the big play when it is there

Or hit the big play when it is a must ;)

I am not really in a stat searching mood right now, but considering that it is only day 2 of the offseason and I have no idea who else we may or may not add, I think both of us would be off on trying to make a legitimate claim to how the Commanders D will perform

But my guess, it certainly will not be any worse then last year

We'll talk around training camp, how is that for a deal?