Official rant on Dak thread

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
ate
First off I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the NFL, but he's far far far far far from being as bad as some here want to paint him. Next it's funny, not ha ha funny, that on any given play any other player that doesn't do his job and the play fails the only one some want to blame is Prescott.. One or two O-linemen can missed their blocks or a receiver fails to get open or runs the wrong route or drops a pass. None of that matters some still just want to just blame Prescott. Here's a completely foreign idea to those people. Sometimes the other team's defense just makes a really good play. Those haters can't admit that could happen and would rather just blame Prescott instead because that's the only thing that fits their hatred.

Those that keep squawking about what Prescott makes now and/or will make in the future are to young or don't remember that there was a time in this salary cap era when QB's coming out of college were getting contracts paying them more than established starting QB's on other teams. This happened because that was how things went in the NFL Just like now and what QB's getting new contracts are getting more than QB's that many think are better QB's that signed in previous years when the cap amount was lower. This business plan of signing rookie QB's came to a head when Sam Bradford got drafted and the St. Louis Rams made him the 3rd highest paid QB in the league as a rookie.

The business of the NFL is what it is until those that control and own the business decided to change that. Fan's have ZERO to do with it.

Conversely, the Dak supporters continually have an excuse. Its amazing how other QB's overcome these (O-linemen missing their blocks or a receiver fails to get open or runs the wrong route or drops a pass).

The problem is that the excuses are running out (even the Garrett argument is about to end) and he's not going to get a better Offense than he's now got so get used to it.

He is what he is (safe and limited in clutch situations), but we wont go all the way with him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Conversely, the Dak supporters continually have an excuse. Its amazing how other QB's overcome these (O-linemen missing their blocks or a receiver fails to get open or runs the wrong route or drops a pass).

The problem is that the excuses are running out (even the Garrett argument is about to end) and he's not going to get a better Offense than he's now got so get used to it.

He is what he is (safe and limited in clutch situations), but we wont go all the way with him.

AGAIN if those good QB's ALWAYS over come poor line play and being under pressure all the time and receivers not getting open or running wrong routs or dropping passes why aren't there at least 4 or 5 undefeated teams EVERY year. WHY, because even the good QB's have bad plays, quarters, halves and games. Even the good QB's LOSE games. Now I've said repeatedly that I don't think Prescott is the best QB but he's far far far from being as bad as some here want to paint him. The defense that managed to stop the rams from crossing mid field all of 3 times all day and put little pressure on Goff had a huge bearing on the outcome of this game. Maybe just maybe if cooper's drop pass on 3rd down was a catch maybe the Cowboys score and go ahead, but you seem to think a receiver dropping passes isn't a legit excuse for not winning.

The excuse are running out for the Prescott haters but then they have been preaching to get rid of him all along anyways.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Dak is Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins but some of his fans treat him like he's Mahommes and we shouldn't try to improve the position. That's why its always a bunch of excuses for him and never his fault. I'm pretty sure if you really checked the Dak "haters" have gave him more credit overall than the Dak "lovers" have given him blame. That is very unscientific of course lol

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
This is Dak’s 4th year already

He’s had enough time to figure it out
He’s had enough
ate

First off I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the NFL, but he's far far far far far from being as bad as some here want to paint him. Next it's funny, not ha ha funny, that on any given play any other player that doesn't do his job and the play fails the only one some want to blame is Prescott.. One or two O-linemen can missed their blocks or a receiver fails to get open or runs the wrong route or drops a pass. None of that matters some still just want to just blame Prescott. Here's a completely foreign idea to those people. Sometimes the other team's defense just makes a really good play. Those haters can't admit that could happen and would rather just blame Prescott instead because that's the only thing that fits their hatred.

Those that keep squawking about what Prescott makes now and/or will make in the future are to young or don't remember that there was a time in this salary cap era when QB's coming out of college were getting contracts paying them more than established starting QB's on other teams. This happened because that was how things went in the NFL Just like now and what QB's getting new contracts are getting more than QB's that many think are better QB's that signed in previous years when the cap amount was lower. This business plan of signing rookie QB's came to a head when Sam Bradford got drafted and the St. Louis Rams made him the 3rd highest paid QB in the league as a rookie.

The business of the NFL is what it is until those that control and own the business decided to change that. Fan's have ZERO to do with it.

Dak sucks , and your tears arent going to change that

Hadenough

Reaction score
The defense that managed to stop the rams from crossing mid field all of 3 times all day and put little pressure on Goff had a huge bearing on the outcome of this game.
You dont get it! Goff was getting rid of the ball so quick and was consistently converting 3rd downs. The Cowboys defense did pretty good in the 4th quarter and the game was in reach and Dak had several chances where the defense made the Rams go 3 and out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you guys still ranting?? :popcorn:

Dak played poorly at times, but so did some other players, and for the most part I blame this loss
Squarely on kellen and MM, both did a horrible job in this game.
no telling how the game ends if dummy MM kicks the fg and TIES THE GAME UP, instead of going for it.

I dont care for dak as qb, but I cant blame this loss on just him, the 2 coaches above are the ones that really screwed up!:thumbup:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak is Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins but some of his fans treat him like he's Mahommes and we shouldn't try to improve the position. That's why its always a bunch of excuses for him and never his fault. I'm pretty sure if you really checked the Dak "haters" have gave him more credit overall than the Dak "lovers" have given him blame. That is very unscientific of course lol
I'd trade Dak for Cousins.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He didn't have to throw him open - he had a clear throw to the receiver - and with that short a throw that really isn't a fair comment anyway. On a 3 yard pass you don't have the option of throwing way ahead and having the receiver go get it. The ball travels that short a distance too quickly for that.

Sure the pass could have been somewhat better, but it wasn't nearly the horrible throw you are making it out to be, and ultimately, if the receiver didn't slow down or break stride it just came down to the defender making a good play.

Dak hit him right in the numbers. Funny how these clowns try to invent things.

I dont hear them complaining about the perfectly thrown deep pass to Gallup that would have won the game. Had that pass been slightly off target they wouldnt stop talking about it.

I recall Dak blowing the Tavon Austin deep throw last year at the end of the game that might have won it. Dak came up big this time. Some were probably jumping up and down with glee when the OPI was called.

Running Zeke up the middle on 3 and 6 and was text book Garrett stupidity. Then going for it on 4th and 3 when a chip shot FG ties the game late was hands down the dumbest call I have EVER seen in the NFL. Not a whisper about that.

Defense getting run over all game...........not a whisper. DTs' not a whisper.

All about agenda.

InTheZone

Reaction score
10 for 21 2nd half completions, throwing duds all over the place, worlds worst 2 minute drill. Oh but he made one great throw!!!!

Edit: Expectations. I knew LVE/Smith and interior DL was going to be weak. We drafted a #1 WR when we had bigger needs and invested most of the money into the offense. I expect the offense to carry, but a guy who wants to be paid at the top cant carry and is derailing the team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Excuse for what? Dak had a strong game. It wasn't perfection, or a superstar level game, but easily a strong game. I'm always amazed that some don't understand the simple, and really undeniable fact that the QB is not solely responsible for wins and losses.

Of course Dak shares in the blame for the loss. There are always plays that could have been made, as there are in every game with every QB, even in wins, but the O-Line and the 1st half defense were easily where the biggest breakdowns were.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 for 21 2nd half completions, throwing duds all over the place, worlds worst 2 minute drill. Oh but he made one great throw!!!!

Edit: Expectations. I knew LVE/Smith and interior DL was going to be weak. We drafted a #1 WR when we had bigger needs and invested most of the money into the offense. I expect the offense to carry, but a guy who wants to be paid at the top cant carry and is derailing the team.
2 Schultz drops, a pass deflected at the line of scrimmage, and a couple of others where he got hit as he threw --- sure Dak missed a few, but there are other factors you are ignoring.

InTheZone

Reaction score
2 Schultz drops, a pass deflected at the line of scrimmage, and a couple of others where he got hit as he threw --- sure Dak missed a few, but there are other factors you are ignoring.
I'm not ignoring. You and some others just assume we believe there's just 1 player on our team on the field, who happens to wear #4.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for pointing that out! This is one stat that gets swept under the rug a lot. Daks numbers kind of make it look respectable sometimes but the truth is he was horrible the second half.
2-13 on 3rd down in our loss last year vs the Pats......We only scored 9 pts....
Dak's biggest fear must be....Dang Zeke didn't get the 1st down now I have to pass for it....:(

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Excuse for what? Dak had a strong game. It wasn't perfection, or a superstar level game, but easily a strong game. I'm always amazed that some don't understand the simple, and really undeniable fact that the QB is not solely responsible for wins and losses.
Of course Dak shares in the blame for the loss. There are always plays that could have been made, as there are in every game with every QB, even in wins, but the O-Line and the 1st half defense were easily where the biggest breakdowns were.

The very excuses you just made :facepalm: O-line and 1st half defense.

Ok, if he had a strong game then we, as a team, just arent good enough to beat mediocre teams like the Rams and brings into question whether we should strengthen the team rather than pay Dak the $40m.

Strong, but he's not elite, why spend $40m on a bus driver when we can pick one up much cheaper....possibly one that can overcome our ineffective O-Line.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

More excuses.....the top QB's perform despite these issues.

Oh to have a QB that finishes off a drive, rather than one that doesnt have the accuracy to work in confined spaces (or are you blaming one of the best receiving corp for not getting open enough for Dak to throw a substandard pass).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He didn't have to throw him open - he had a clear throw to the receiver - and with that short a throw that really isn't a fair comment anyway. On a 3 yard pass you don't have the option of throwing way ahead and having the receiver go get it. The ball travels that short a distance too quickly for that.

Sure the pass could have been somewhat better, but it wasn't nearly the horrible throw you are making it out to be, and ultimately, if the receiver didn't slow down or break stride it just came down to the defender making a good play.

That is the MAIN problem with Dak, stats dont tell everything.

The stats will say that that it was completed pass, so be definition the stat is a positive. However, it was a very average throw in: the context of the game, the position on the field and that Lamb was running into space and inviting where the throw should have been.

Made worse as Dak is playing for a mega contract and Lamb is playing his first professional game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not ignoring. You and some others just assume we believe there's just 1 player on our team on the field, who happens to wear #4.
Of course you ignored it because your post indicated the lower completion % was all on Dak making bad throws, and did not mention any other factor. That fits the definition of ignore exactly.