Official rant on Dak thread

erod

Reaction score
Its Erod...he doesn't really have a point just posting just to post lol.
If you don't clearly see that Burrow is vastlysvastly to Dak, then you know less about football than my mom.

He was incredible tonight. Zero pass protection, and still shined.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you don't clearly see that Burrow is vastlysvastly to Dak, then you know less about football than my mom.

He was incredible tonight. Zero pass protection, and still shined.
At this point you know less about football than your mom. That guy has played TWO FOOTBALL GAMES in his career....he's 0-2 and you're talking about how how he's better than someone who's been in the league 4 years. Either you're trolling or just moronic and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt saying you're trolling.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
with that kind of talent on offense you really appriciate one good pass from him ?

He should have thrown for 400 yds and 4 TDs.

No QB was going to throw for 400 and 4 TDs with that pass protection.

This loss wasn't on Dak. Anyone that thinks it was doesn't understand football.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again I'm just as pissed as everyone else that the Cowboys lost but looking at that play with homer eyes doesn't change the fact that Gallup CLEARLY pushed off with his arm FULLY extended.

https://www.nfl.com/games/cowboys-at-rams-2020-reg-1

mr gikoeppen---i did not see any real push off...i did see gallup have his hand on Ramsey but not fully extended and then he pulled away..also Ramsey bent his own arm around Gallups for a second too..maybe i only have homer eyes??

i would not argue that point...i stack the deck when possible...every play to me should go in cowboys favor...so all in all i would probably not be the best witness...but what i saw on that play was highway robbery against Gallup and especially

at the end of a game..let them play unless it is flagrant...i always hate it when refs determine who wins and we have all seen some of the most egregious bad calls made by refs particularly against the Saints

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
mr gikoeppen---i did not see any real push off...i did see gallup have his hand on Ramsey but not fully extended and then he pulled away..also Ramsey bent his own arm around Gallups for a second too..maybe i only have homer eyes??

i would not argue that point...i stack the deck when possible...every play to me should go in cowboys favor...so all in all i would probably not be the best witness...but what i saw on that play was highway robbery against Gallup and especially

at the end of a game..let them play unless it is flagrant...i always hate it when refs determine who wins and we have all seen some of the most egregious bad calls made by refs particularly against the Saints

Everybody remembers the terrible call in the conference championship game between the rams and saints late in the game but you're doing what many seem to do and that is when there have been bad calls made through out the league many then think that most calls made against the Cowboys are those bad calls. I can't help it that you still look at that play with homer eyes. Of course it's much easier if you also believe in that conspiracy theory nonsense that the refs are all out to make sure the Cowboys lose since not just that one ref threw a flag but another ref threw his flag too. Oh and I suppose ALL defenders that have a receiver pushing with his arm fully extended isn't going to do anything and not try to get that arm off of him. Nowhere in the rules does it say that offensive PI has to be hard enough to push a defender down. It does say (paraphrased) that if an offensive player trying to get separation from a defender with an extended arm touching that defender it will be flagged for offensive PI. As far as your idea of gee in the last 2 minutes just let them play ball and forget about the rules and this is what both the league and the refs have said about that. If a penalty is called in the first quarter then rule violations that happen in the final 2 minutes need to be called too. Saying just let them play is just another homer thing when their team gets called for a penalty. Lastly either take your homer glasses off or get your eyes examined.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dilfer has always been thought of as being a average QB at his best but normally actually a below average QB. So your big improvement is a below average QB. I'm thanking God that you have nothing to do with the Cowboys.
I offered up the argument that Dak would never had made it in the NFL of the late 90's. Bump and Run was real. It was a different game.

I know who Dilfer is and I am not trying to claim he was anything other then average. This is just a what if scenario.

With Daks in ability to read the field and poor ball placement in addition to his refusal to throw into tight coverage. All of these factors add up Failure for Dak in the late 90's. More then likely he would have been converted to TE

Stop peojecting every time your hero is mentioned

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since then what has dak done. I think it was the next year or the year after where daks stats without zeke took an absolute dive. Then there was last year where he couldn't beat a winning team. Its like the league adjusted to him and he hasn't adjusted back.

Again if dak couldn't win with last years team. The excuse was the coaching staff. If he can't win with this coaching staff whats the excuse? How the hell are we going to win if we pay him 40 mil a year.

We were leading 14-13 at halftime. The defense gave up only 7 points second half. How does the qb get no blame from some people for scoring 3 points?
You realize there are 53 players on the roster, and 11 Cowboys on the field at a time, right? I ask because you speak of it as if it's Dak against the entire of the opponent, and Dak is supposed to singlehandedly win games.

As for Dak's stats, you should take a look. Yes, they took a bit of a hit in year 2, but were back up by year 3, and in year 4 he had arguably the best statistical season ever for a Cowboy QB. (** I know someone will be prompted to comment that stats don't tell everything, and I agree, but I wasn't the one that brought up stats, so I was making sure the record was straight on that point).

Last year they did struggle some against better teams, and only had 8 wins, but over 4 years with Dak the Cowboys have averaged 10 wins per season.

By the way, who said Dak gets no blame for a low scoring 2nd half Sunday? Of course he gets a share of the blame. But there were a lot of factors other than QB play. 2 drops by Schultz that would have been 1st downs, 2 blocked passes, as sack and several other passes where he was hit just after releasing passes also contributed were also contributing factors. The O-Line was easily the weakest link in the offense.

Nexx

Reaction score

The pass protection was a lot better than most are making it out to be. Russ has had terrible lines the last few years and he still gets it done.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The pass protection was a lot better than most are making it out to be. Russ has had terrible lines the last few years and he still gets it done.

Look at Arizona: they have a far less inferior OL than Dallas and they went up against SF and look at the difference between Murray and Dak:

Dak vs. Rams 25 for 39 64.1% Comp % 266 Yards 1 TD 92.5 QBR 3 Rushes 30 Yards Dallas LOST

Murray vs. SF 26 for 40 65% Comp % 230 Yards 1 TD 1 INT 78.1 QBR 13 Rushes 91 Yards 1 TD Arizona WON

Dallas has a better OL, better WR's, better RB, better Defense......the difference: QB play.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I offered up the argument that Dak would never had made it in the NFL of the late 90's. Bump and Run was real. It was a different game.

I know who Dilfer is and I am not trying to claim he was anything other then average. This is just a what if scenario.

With Daks in ability to read the field and poor ball placement in addition to his refusal to throw into tight coverage. All of these factors add up Failure for Dak in the late 90's. More then likely he would have been converted to TE

What's "peojecting"? :huh:

This isn't the late 90's, what difference does it make if he would not have been successful then? He's playing in 2020.

As far as refusal to throw into tight coverage, Gallup wasn't tightly covered? Looked like that to me.

No doubt Dak does have issues, misses too many easy throws, still holds the ball too long, and MAY have issues reading the field, though in many times there is no reading of the field to be done, if your receiver is open, then throw the ball to him. If no receiver is open, don't care how well you can read the field, you're still not going to get a reception unless you take chances with the ball, and we all know turnovers are one of the worst things that can happen.

At that point Dak needs to run more, not try to run way down field or get a td, just get the first down if possible, or at least (if it's not 3rd down, e.g.) get some yards and get closer to the first down, get a better field goal spot, etc. He's not fast, but he's no statue either.

Dak could be better, but the team certainly could be as well...

NotForLong

Reaction score
What's "peojecting"? :huh:

This isn't the late 90's, what difference does it make if he would not have been successful then? He's playing in 2020.

As far as refusal to throw into tight coverage, Gallup wasn't tightly covered? Looked like that to me.

No doubt Dak does have issues, misses too many easy throws, still holds the ball too long, and MAY have issues reading the field, though in many times there is no reading of the field to be done, if your receiver is open, then throw the ball to him. If no receiver is open, don't care how well you can read the field, you're still not going to get a reception unless you take chances with the ball, and we all know turnovers are one of the worst things that can happen.

At that point Dak needs to run more, not try to run way down field or get a td, just get the first down if possible, or at least (if it's not 3rd down, e.g.) get some yards and get closer to the first down, get a better field goal spot, etc. He's not fast, but he's no statue either.

Dak could be better, but the team certainly could be as well...
Gallup was wide open, he beat Ramsey (Even without the push off) Ramsey was in one on one with no Saftey Help.

An easy read for Dak

The QB needs to hit open spots based on the momentum of players running around in tight spots. Something that is lacking in Dak.

He was a monster his rookie year because he ran. Something that has been shut down for what ever reason. The threat of 5 yd runs if no QB spy is a tremendous advantage.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Gallup was wide open, he beat Ramsey (Even without the push off) Ramsey was in one on one with no Saftey Help.

An easy read for Dak

The QB needs to hit open spots based on the momentum of players running around in tight spots. Something that is lacking in Dak.

He was a monster his rookie year because he ran. Something that has been shut down for what ever reason. The threat of 5 yd runs if no QB spy is a tremendous advantage.

Don't know what you call wide open, but a cornerback running stride for stride with a receiver to me isn't wide open. Wide open has to be where the defender can't reach the receiver with his hand, at the very least.

That ain't "wide open". Of course we can also see Gallup's arm fully extended, that's what the refs look for, and it's clearly here. Whether or not he actually pushed off, it's going to be called 95% of the time...

michael-gallup-pass-interference.jpg

NotForLong

Reaction score
Don't know what you call wide open, but a cornerback running stride for stride with a receiver to me isn't wide open. Wide open has to be where the defender can't reach the receiver with his hand, at the very least.

That ain't "wide open". Of course we can also see Gallup's arm fully extended, that's what the refs look for, and it's clearly here. Whether or not he actually pushed off, it's going to be called 95% of the time...

michael-gallup-pass-interference.jpg
Gallup got ahead of him with no Saftey help all Dak had to do was drop it in

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Yet you understand so much about football you're right here with us. The delusion lol

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

The only one here that is projecting is you with your what ifs. What ifs are nothing more that opinion and speculation on what MIGHT happen if there was some magic wand to make all of the what ifs come about. What's really funny, not ha ha funny, that some people here just seem to think they know more and better than actual NFL coaches. Just so you know, and I've said this so many times, that I do not think Prescott is the best QB in the league, but I know he is far far far better than the Prescott haters want to paint him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Look at Arizona: they have a far less inferior OL than Dallas and they went up against SF and look at the difference between Murray and Dak:

Dak vs. Rams 25 for 39 64.1% Comp % 266 Yards 1 TD 92.5 QBR 3 Rushes 30 Yards Dallas LOST

Murray vs. SF 26 for 40 65% Comp % 230 Yards 1 TD 1 INT 78.1 QBR 13 Rushes 91 Yards 1 TD Arizona WON

Dallas has a better OL, better WR's, better RB, better Defense......the difference: QB play.

Gee according to your own stats you provided Prescott had the better stats. More yards passing , same passing TD's, ZERO picks, a MUCH HIGHER QBR. Thanks for disproving Prescott's play wasn't as good as Murray's.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everybody remembers the terrible call in the conference championship game between the rams and saints late in the game but you're doing what many seem to do and that is when there have been bad calls made through out the league many then think that most calls made against the Cowboys are those bad calls. I can't help it that you still look at that play with homer eyes. Of course it's much easier if you also believe in that conspiracy theory nonsense that the refs are all out to make sure the Cowboys lose since not just that one ref threw a flag but another ref threw his flag too. Oh and I suppose ALL defenders that have a receiver pushing with his arm fully extended isn't going to do anything and not try to get that arm off of him. Nowhere in the rules does it say that offensive PI has to be hard enough to push a defender down. It does say (paraphrased) that if an offensive player trying to get separation from a defender with an extended arm touching that defender it will be flagged for offensive PI. As far as your idea of gee in the last 2 minutes just let them play ball and forget about the rules and this is what both the league and the refs have said about that. If a penalty is called in the first quarter then rule violations that happen in the final 2 minutes need to be called too. Saying just let them play is just another homer thing when their team gets called for a penalty. Lastly either take your homer glasses off or get your eyes examined.

i honestly watched the tape 4 times...i did not see Gallup fully extend his arm..but i did see Ramsey flop and i did see Ramsey curl his arm around Gallups for a second.....it was Ramsey who sold the pulling of the flag..if no flop no flag....that is what comes to mind for me...but Ramsey did a vet move and it helped ...but its way in the past now..i am a lot lot more worried about not having Smith at left tackle this sunday...we all remember what happened last time Smith could not play against Falcons...any thoughts on this possible debacle?