Official rant on Dak thread

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
His terrible starts are why we get down so early in games, which allows him to QB against prevent defenses. Dude is one of the worst QB's in the game at the start of the game.

This this so much this.

Yesterday wasn't about Dak and his comeback it was more about the Falcons imploding. The head coach is known for taking his foot off the gas.

CWR

Reaction score
His terrible starts are why we get down so early in games, which allows him to QB against prevent defenses. Dude is one of the worst QB's in the game at the start of the game.

Maybe we need to open up the play book at the beginning of the game instead of waiting until we are desperate to let him loose.

cowboygo

Reaction score
The goalposts keep moving! Ah I love this. Must have been a bittersweet victory for you. I don't think you could spot great QB play if it were in front of you.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
The Dak haters need to cheer for Wentzie. He's been ripping the Egals off since 2017!
So the two Zeke fumbles, Pollard fumble & Schultz fumble had nothing to do with falling behind. It was Dak's fault. :rolleyes:

Dak’s fumble was rough too, but I can’t knock him too much since he was clearly trying to make something happen during a brutal quarter.

Londonboy

Reaction score
keepcalmweareonlyclosedforrefurbishment-600x675.png

cowboygo

Reaction score
This this so much this.

Yesterday wasn't about Dak and his comeback it was more about the Falcons imploding. The head coach is known for taking his foot off the gas.
Wait what? Taking his foot off the gas? They kept answering everytime we scored. Had Julio caught the pass from Gage, it would've been over. There was no foot off the gas. We outplayed them and got lucky with the onside kick. If you don't think Dak was dealing yesterday, I don't know what QB play impresses you. Watch some other games, not just the Cowboys to be able to compare.

ghst187

Reaction score
Dak was fabulous. He had to sling it because we kept doing dumb stuff and fell so far behind. He made the plays he had to make, I don’t think too many other QBs in the league win that game given the same circumstances. He’s not always perfectly accurate with throws but most of them get to the person they need to. I loved Romo but have to think he would’ve tossed 3x INTs.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Whatever man, it was a ticky tac call and is very typical contact for a deep ball in the nfl. You are arguing semantics over a "flop," and a flop is exactly what it was. He acted his way into a weak penalty.

I will again remind you what both the refs and the league has said about calling penalties. If there are penalties and flags thrown in the first quarter then penalties in the final 2 minutes have to be called too. You can't have 2 different sets of rules that 1 applies for the first 58 minutes and another for the last 2 minutes. Now if just one ref threw his flag then there would be some room to disagree but when two refs throw a flag from two different views then that leads me to believe that only the homers see it different than the refs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak’s fumble was rough too, but I can’t knock him too much since he was clearly trying to make something happen during a brutal quarter.
Yeah, no one to blame for him fumbling, but you have to credit the defense for punching the ball out multiple times. I'm not sure what some fans expect, but it's near impossible to hold onto the ball in those situations.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Yeah, no one to blame for him fumbling, but you have to credit the defense for punching the ball out multiple times. I'm not sure what some fans expect, but it's near impossible to hold onto the ball in those situations.

I give the Falcons all sorts of credit for creating fumbles. They were actively trying to punch the ball out, and our guys didn’t do enough to protect it in the first quarter.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I give the Falcons all sorts of credit for creating fumbles. They were actively trying to punch the ball out, and our guys didn’t do enough to protect it in the first quarter.

What a lot of fans here are forgetting is once the Cowboys started to put points on the board the defense let the falcons march down the field and take those points back.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This this so much this.

OMG. unbelievable. so when he loses, its not about our coaches screwing up, taking their foot off the pedal, making mistakes. its Dak..

now that he win, its the other team losing it, not Dak!!!

seriously dude.

no, they didn't take their foot off the pedal. in fact when they were up with minutes to go up by two scores, they went for it on 3rd down instead of running and killing the clock. and Ryan got sacked.

seriously dude.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe we need to open up the play book at the beginning of the game instead of waiting until we are desperate to let him loose.
once his protection got better, then he was able to make some passes. early in the game, the atlanta DTs were living in our back field and lots of pressure on dak. they couldn't get into a rythm. Zeke had heck of a game, can't count how many times he got hit in the back field, or at line of scrimmage and he just willed his way forward....incredible performance all around.

Reactions: CWR

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We just got to witness one of the best QB performances from a Dallas Cowboy in history.

An absolute clinic

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score

I'll admit, I was fairly critical of the Cowboys as a unit, including Dak, against the Rams.

Yesterday was a much more pleasurable experience sans the insane turnovers in the first quarter.

I felt the offense played very well, Dak included, for a majority of the game. Even despite the incredible whole they put themselves into.

Even more impressive, in my honest opinion, was that they were able to do that without both Tackles. Wild game that Dallas shouldn't have won, but I will never apologize for my Boys winning a game.

TLDR- I was much happier about Daks performance vs. the Falcons

CWR

Reaction score
once his protection got better, then he was able to make some passes. early in the game, the atlanta DTs were living in our back field and lots of pressure on dak. they couldn't get into a rythm. Zeke had heck of a game, can't count how many times he got hit in the back field, or at line of scrimmage and he just willed his way forward....incredible performance all around.

Zeke hasn't looked this phenomenal since his rookie season imo.

CWR

Reaction score
I will again remind you what both the refs and the league has said about calling penalties. If there are penalties and flags thrown in the first quarter then penalties in the final 2 minutes have to be called too. You can't have 2 different sets of rules that 1 applies for the first 58 minutes and another for the last 2 minutes. Now if just one ref threw his flag then there would be some room to disagree but when two refs throw a flag from two different views then that leads me to believe that only the homers see it different than the refs.

Fair point. There's just no possible way more than one ref at a time can make a bad call. Thanks Roger.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Yes they took their foot off the peddle. It was like 29-10 at half time? They scored 10 points in the final 2 quarters. Their Defense played prevent and got torched by an amateur college quarterback.

What game were you watching?

I know you Dak homers are going to say oh savior! he is our franchise QB and will get the $40 mill/yr deal! Don't delude yourselves. 16 games and Dak will bring it right back to earth. Mediocre QB ranked about 12-13 in the league.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'm not surprised a lot of you people don't know simple things. I'm pretty sure y'all's lives offline reflect this lack of knowledge too.

Again, what are you babbling about? I STILL don't know what point you're trying to make. Let me try:

I'm not surprised some people don't know how to communicate. It's a skill that many have yet to master.

Go Cowboys!