Official Rhein Fire Thread

Eskimo

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Yes - it's clear the right decision was made in sending Henson to Europe. It's clear he wasn't going to progress any further until he saw the playing time that he's seeing now.

I don't think he's near ready to challenge Drew Bledsoe yet, but at least now we can have some confidence that there just might be a future at quarterback on the roster.

I think one thing that is overlooked about going to Europe is that it got him away from BP and the current set of offensive coaches - I think Henson became gunshy here and too afraid to make mistakes and disappoint the coaches. He needed to go some place where he could regain his confidence.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
It must really hurt you, that no matter how hard you are wishing him to fail, that he is succeeding doesnt it.

HEY!! Where's the "pwned" smiley? bc this would be the perfect time to use it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
HEY!! Where's the "pwned" smiley? bc this would be the perfect time to use it.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/owned/Image21.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/owned/Image21.jpg
Hands down you have the best pics to post on the web.

:lmao2:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Good news to hear Henson is progressing and looking good. I'm rooting for him and hope he succeeds because it's great for the Cowboys. Hopefully a video can be posted again so those who are less fortunate (like me) and can't get NFL Europe can see his improvement - hint, hint. ;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Super job by Henson today.

He managed the game well. Took what the defense gave him. Had his receivers drop a lot of balls but he didnt lose his cool. Show enough athleticism and mobility to make a few plays that most QB's don't make.

Another great step.

And he's 4-0 as a starter.

Acutally, he is 5-0 as a starter in the Pro's......:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Yeah. Henson should be as good, if not close to some of the draftees. Maybe worse than Leinart and Cutler.

actually Henson would be a step above the college QBs entering the draft this year, he's had 2 years prepping in an NFL environment

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Give the young man playing time and the chance to prove his worth and he will succeed.

that sure beats shipping him off because you haven't seen anything

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
You don't want to throw him in right now there, even if he shows he is close to Bledsoe in TC.

I wouldn't worry too much, I can't see Henson gaining too much ground on a 13-year veteran

speedkilz88

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
Henson looks great v. guys who will never start in the NFL!
One of the corners he faced last week vs. Cologne had 8 starts in the nfl in 2004 for our very own Dallas Cowboys. Lance Frazier.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The 2 TD throws today were not plays Bledsoe could have made. He' nowhere near as mobile of Henson.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I think Henson became gunshy here and too afraid to make mistakes and disappoint the coaches. He needed to go some place where he could regain his confidence.

I haven't seen anything that showed that Henson lacked confidence, in fact, he's sounded supremely confident in the 2 seasons before going to NFLE, well maybe supremely is stretching it :) when peppered with questions after the Bears game, when he was asked how he felt about not playing, about his future etc., Henson just needed playing time, simple as that, because he aint getting it with Bledsoe here, and splitting 20% of practice snaps with Tony ROmo isn't it, he knew it, the coaches knew it

hope this doesn't sound like I'm in disagreement with you, I'm not, just had to point that out...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
One of the corners he faced last week vs. Cologne had 8 starts in the nfl in 2004 for our very own Dallas Cowboys. Lance Frazier.

:hammer: ah, see what having facts behind you can do? lol

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jarv said:
The 2 TD throws today were not plays Bledsoe could have made. He' nowhere near as mobile of Henson.

I don't think anyone has every compared Henson to Bledsoe in terms of mobility

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
I can't see Henson gaining too much ground on a 13-year veteran
Don't be so sure. I believe he will gain a lot. Not enough to become the starter. Bledsoe is as good as he will get. Henson is getting better and better each week.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Don't be so sure. I believe he will gain a lot. Not enough to become the starter. Bledsoe is as good as he will get. Henson is getting better and better each week.

true, I'm just saying it's highly doubtful he gains much ground to seriously compete with Bledsoe, much less win the job, so we won't have to worry about what TO is going to do catching passes from a 1st-year starting QB

Eskimo

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I haven't seen anything that showed that Henson lacked confidence, in fact, he's sounded supremely confident in the 2 seasons before going to NFLE, well maybe supremely is stretching it :) when peppered with questions after the Bears game, when he was asked how he felt about not playing, about his future etc., Henson just needed playing time, simple as that, because he aint getting it with Bledsoe here, and splitting 20% of practice snaps with Tony ROmo isn't it, he knew it, the coaches knew it

hope this doesn't sound like I'm in disagreement with you, I'm not, just had to point that out...

I think Henson never admitted to any loss of confidence but he did appear to lose some of his swagger his second year here after that Bears game when he was pulled. I think this was further compounded with the change in his throwing motion, poor showing in preseason last year and demotion to 3rd string QB. This after having failed at baseball had to leave some nagging doubts in the back of his mind whether he was admitting them publically (which would have been his death knell) or not.

Having had some success again on the field will do him a world of good. I really hope he lights it up in preseason and is the backup QB again next year because his upside is much higher than Romo's.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I think Henson never admitted to any loss of confidence but he did appear to lose some of his swagger his second year here after that Bears game when he was pulled. I think this was further compounded with the change in his throwing motion, poor showing in preseason last year and demotion to 3rd string QB. This after having failed at baseball had to leave some nagging doubts in the back of his mind whether he was admitting them publically (which would have been his death knell) or not.

Having had some success again on the field will do him a world of good. I really hope he lights it up in preseason and is the backup QB again next year because his upside is much higher than Romo's.

you very, well may be right, but what's done is done, and Henson looks pretty vitalized right about now...

superpunk

Reaction score
4 sacks....in 4 games.....I may not be a smart man, but isn't that something like 1 per game?!?!?!?!?!?!

I love that.