Official Rhein Fire Thread

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
iceberg said:
except that if *this* is superbowl or bust year, then we really really really need a vet backup. now, romo or henson - do you keep?

Why is that so necessary? Which Vet Backup is out there who can take the team to SB if Bledsoe falls lets say in 10th game?

Come on, we are dreaming if we think someone out there is that good, and Vet, and will be available. I think I rather take chances with Romo/Henson than some FA Vet QB.

We just don't know if Romo/Henson is next Tom Brady or Jake Delhomme and we will never find out by never giving them the chance. Now if they show nothing in TC/Pre-season, than that talk about getting a Vet QB if possible is valid.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
while i don't totally disagree, it's just been very odd for bill to NOT hedge his bets with older qb's, esp. vinnie "ouch that hurts" t. as for vet qb's -

collins. you want a bus driver, there ya go. harrington. but after his mouth in detroit even i don't want him anymore, but he would be a YOUNG vet with some possible upside there. griese?

tired of the "no one there!" game - there's always someone there, people just whine about them too.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, that was a cool game! Henson did real good...threw some bullets and made two extremely, and I mean extremely hard TD throws...both of them!

I don't remember much about how Romo plays, but, he better start polishing up them golf clubs, because it looks like someone came to play. Although this is NFLE, I would be willing to bet that in an emergency, Henson could carry the Boyz for a few games. I mean come on, Parcells designed a 10 win season with Quincy Carter, for crying out loud! And either my eyes are deceiving me, but, Henson already looks better then Carter ever did, although Carter was playing in the NFL.

All in all, good job...fun game!

And just to think, our beloved Cactus Cowboy missed it all! (yeah right, he was most likely glued to that TV as much as we were...he just don't have much to say right about now)! :laugh2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Haley94 said:
The Jets offered that last year.

says one beat writer who had no proof of it...nobody of any real credibility reported it and the Jets never made any sort of comment on it either

I really think if a team had offered a 3rd rd pick for Tony Romo (especially one doing as poorly as the jets were last yr) then Parcells and Jones would have fell all over themselves to take it

David

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hey I just finished watching the game.

I had to tape it, I had to go play some high school baseball.

But anyway, great game, great job by Henson. Alot of the things we have talked about seemed to improve. Henson played very well, and he looked excited and looked like he was having alot of fun.

Good stuff.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rudy said:
What smart team in the league would give up a 3rd for Tony Romo???
The real question is what should we do if it happens again........deal or no deal?
pic_home_howiemandel.jpg

:lmao:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The real question is what should we do if it happens again........deal or no deal?
pic_home_howiemandel.jpg

:lmao:

lol

Just to say something, I watch that show when nothing else is on, and most of the people on there are complete idiots and I always laugh when they end up with less.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Hey I just finished watching the game.

I had to tape it, I had to go play some high school baseball.

But anyway, great game, great job by Henson. Alot of the things we have talked about seemed to improve. Henson played very well, and he looked excited and looked like he was having alot of fun.

Good stuff.

One thing I liked...Smith dropped a VERY catchable ball...the announcer said, let's take a look at Henson's reaction....and I'm thinkin' "OH please...I hope he didn't respond like a jerk"...so, they show Henson on the isolation...Nada...no reaction at all...it looked like he was walking to his mailbox in the morning...

Then, when Smith made the nice sideline catch...Henson ran down the field and pointed to Smith...

I've liked everything I've seen and heard from Henson from day one.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Henson seems to be improving with every game and week that passes. He has the poise, confidence, and the talent to get the job done.

Now we are starting to see the leadership qualities, which gave always been there, coming to the fore.

Give the young man playing time and the chance to prove his worth and he will succeed.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
One thing I liked...Smith dropped a VERY catchable ball...the announcer said, let's take a look at Henson's reaction....and I'm thinkin' "OH please...I hope he didn't respond like a jerk"...so, they show Henson on the isolation...Nada...no reaction at all...it looked like he was walking to his mailbox in the morning...

Then, when Smith made the nice sideline catch...Henson ran down the field and pointed to Smith...

I've liked everything I've seen and heard from Henson from day one.
That's a very good sign. It shows a growing maturity on Henson's part.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
D.Henson:
23 attempts
15 completions
192 total passing yards
Sacked 1 for a 2 yd loss
2 TDs
LG completion - 37 yds
QB Rating - 120.2

Edit: Anguillidae just beat me to it. ;)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Henson seems to be improving with every game and week that passes. He has the poise, confidence, and the talent to get the job done.
Yes - it's clear the right decision was made in sending Henson to Europe. It's clear he wasn't going to progress any further until he saw the playing time that he's seeing now.

I don't think he's near ready to challenge Drew Bledsoe yet, but at least now we can have some confidence that there just might be a future at quarterback on the roster.

MONT17

Reaction score
Henson looks great v. guys who will never start in the NFL!

"hey but he looks better than Carter!!!"

some Cowboy fans have to raise the standards... I know the last 10 years has been a major LACK n talent on the roster but please spare me with the he is better than CARTER... comparing HENSON to CARTER is like comparing your paycheck with bath room attendant!

can we at least move up to GAS STATION ATTENDANT when talking about HENSON?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Yes - it's clear the right decision was made in sending Henson to Europe. It's clear he wasn't going to progress any further until he saw the playing time that he's seeing now.

I don't think he's near ready to challenge Drew Bledsoe yet, but at least now we can have some confidence that there just might be a future at quarterback on the roster.

Probably true. But most of all, You don't want to throw him in right now there, even if he shows he is close to Bledsoe in TC. Because you got TO in there, I am not sure he will be a happy camper to have first year starting QB.

So however you put it, Bledsoe will be starter, Period, this year. And it will be time for Bledsoe to put up or shut up time. Unless injuries hit hard again, there shouldn't too many excuses for Bledsoe this year. I guess OL will be little bit of question mark, but it has to be better than last year if Adams is healthy and Fabini is recovered from his injuries.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
MONT17 said:

some Cowboy fans have to raise the standards... I know the last 10 years has been a major LACK n talent on the roster but please spare me with the he is better than CARTER... comparing HENSON to CARTER is like comparing your paycheck with bath room attendant!

So you are a bathroom attendant?:eek:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:

I definitely agree Sir.....Standing on the sideline or in the wings throwing 5000footballs at a tire, watching a million feet of tape isn't going to develop a QB.........Playing time no better teacher.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MONT17 said:

It must really hurt you, that no matter how hard you are wishing him to fail, that he is succeeding doesnt it.