586 yards
6.81 avg gain
4 TD
1 INT
90.6 QB rating
4 sacks
1 fumble

Thanks.

The numbers look good to me...particularly the ints and fumbles...

Silverstar

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Drew Henson
4-0
51/86
59% completion
586 yards
6.81 avg gain
4 TD
1 INT
90.6 QB rating
4 sacks
1 fumble

Thanks for the info.

If it weren't for those dropped passes, Henson would be tearing it up over there statistically.

:)

:starspin

Rudy

Reaction score
Haley94 said:
I think you're right. If Henson Keeps it up, I say we trade romo for a third. He's in the last year of his contract. Let's get value for him now.

What smart team in the league would give up a 3rd for Tony Romo???

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think that NFLE Europe is a step or so over NCAA D-1. Think about its like what 10% of college athletes will go on to play pro so you figure NFLE gets about the 30-40% of those players. Also NFLE is a place to develop players that have changed positions, to get them more reps to get them comfortable from changing from DL to OL or WR to TE or WR to DB. I think there are a lot talented guys in NFLE somtimes they just need reps to adjust to faster game speeds that they do not get in the NFL since most only see playing time on ST or because of injuries.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Haley94 said:
The Jets offered that last year.

Yeah, although the Jets offered that, I don't think anyone is gonna offer us a 3rd rounder for Romo unless they are in deep QB trouble. If we really wanted a 4th, I would trade Romo for a fourth though.

Haley94

Reaction score
Well we may find out if Sean Payton really liked him. Although I agree, it's always harder when the draft is coming up. Maybe we trade him during the season when another team is in QB trouble?

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I agree.

That's really all I wanted to see.

And, he's showing great judgement and awareness on the field.

Now, I'm starting to get psyched.

Juke... I am on that knife edge also...I want to temper my enthusiasm but it is getting harder and harder to do

Silverstar

Reaction score
abersonc said:
I don't think that was ever an option -- you don't sign a long-term developmental contract with a player only to toss him after 2 years.

If only every Cowboy fan would understand this.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Yeah, although the Jets offered that, I don't think anyone is gonna offer us a 3rd rounder for Romo unless they are in deep QB trouble. If we really wanted a 4th, I would trade Romo for a fourth though.

My best guess would be that Sean Payton might do it, given his close relationship to Romo when he was our offensive coordinator. This possibility goes up significantly should his starting qb, Drew Brees, suffers a major injury.

jrumann59

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
And the beat goes on..... :D

120wuerffel_danny.jpg

s_torretta_i.jpg

weinke-chris_action.jpg

89TTWalsh.jpg

palmer.jpg

img6571264.jpg

:D

Lets see if I can name those

Wuerffel
Toretta
Weinke
Walsh
Kanell?
Rob Johnson

Gaede

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Who's to say Romo wouldn't be lighting up NFLE?

Yeah, exactly

Just because Henson's having a good year doesn't mean Romo should be traded. There's room for both of them guys. Romo has upside just as Henson does.

It's dumb to dismiss one over the other when neither have really proven anything

neosapien23

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Who's to say Romo wouldn't be lighting up NFLE?

Well then he should have gone. Romo was the one who looked down on Europe. The coaching staff asked if he wanted to go and he said no. Henson on the other hand was thrilled to get some playing time experience.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Gaede said:
Yeah, exactly

Just because Henson's having a good year doesn't mean Romo should be traded. There's room for both of them guys. Romo has upside just as Henson does.

It's dumb to dismiss one over the other when neither have really proven anything

I kind of agree. No need to belittle Romo at this point. He doesn't have the tools that Henson has, thats for sure. But he did win no. 2 spot last year and choaches seem to think highly of him.

So I think he has future, but I am worried, he would be let go after 2006 after season ends, with nothing to show for. I hope they maybe extend him couple more years now, and if Henson proves this TC, that NFLE has payed off for him and wins No. 2 job, then they can think of trade or so. If not, you can never have enough talented QBs on roster, that are cheap.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
Lets see if I can name those

Wuerffel
Toretta
Weinke
Walsh
Kanell?
Rob Johnson

4th one is Jesse Palmer, although good call on Kanell, forgot to add him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Gaede said:
Yeah, exactly

except that if *this* is superbowl or bust year, then we really really really need a vet backup. now, romo or henson - do you keep?