Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

sharph20

Reaction score
It was good to see Tony have a good game yesterday, and according to his

post game interview his ankle is now 100% so even better news.

It is crazy to think that he, Timmy and Manu haven't really had a chance to

play together with everybody healthy. Once again I think the team is

cranking it up at the right time and seeing Damon and Kurt feeling more

comfortable is a great sign. I can't wait for the playoffs.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
sharph20;1981970 said:
It was good to see Tony have a good game yesterday, and according to his

post game interview his ankle is now 100% so even better news.

It is crazy to think that he, Timmy and Manu haven't really had a chance to

play together with everybody healthy. Once again I think the team is

cranking it up at the right time and seeing Damon and Kurt feeling more

comfortable is a great sign. I can't wait for the playoffs.

just when this team might start getting stale..........Brent comes back at the end of March.

sharph20

Reaction score
Biggems;1981996 said:
just when this team might start getting stale..........Brent comes back at the end of March.

Have you heard any news on how his leg is healing?

MC KAos

Reaction score
alright, spurs took care of business tonight despite the ugly jerseys!! so now we are going into a stretch of 7 crazy games!! all the teams we are playing are in the playoffs right now (yes even philly) or are playing over .600(nuggets). its gonna be a tough stretch with 7 games in 10 days!! here is the schedule

Fri, Mar 7 @ Denver
Sun, Mar 9 @ Phoenix
Mon, Mar 10 Denver
Wed, Mar 12 @ New Orleans
Fri, Mar 14 @ Detroit
Sat, Mar 15 @ Philadelphia
Mon, Mar 17 Boston

so my question is, how do you guys think we will fare in these seven games? what record do you predict we will have after march 17th? (we know your prediction is 0-7 rowdy) i think we will go 6-1 and lose to denver(probably monday), im very optimistic about our team right now. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;1988498 said:
alright, spurs took care of business tonight despite the ugly jerseys!! so now we are going into a stretch of 7 crazy games!! all the teams we are playing are in the playoffs right now (yes even philly) or are playing over .600(nuggets). its gonna be a tough stretch with 7 games in 10 days!! here is the schedule

Fri, Mar 7 @ Denver
Sun, Mar 9 @ Phoenix
Mon, Mar 10 Denver
Fri, Mar 14 @ Detroit
Mon, Mar 17 Boston

so my question is, how do you guys think we will fare in these seven games? what record do you predict we will have after march 17th? (we know your prediction is 0-7 rowdy) i think we will go 6-1 and lose to denver(probably monday), im very optimistic about our team right now. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Well, any one of those games could be a loss, but the best candidates would be the road games at New Orleans and Detroit.

I'll say we go 5-2 in the stretch.

By the way, what the heck got into Pop tonight. Looked like he was about to pop a blood vessel there.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If the Spurs can win those next 7 games.......might as well crown them as the 1 seed in the West.....their win streak will be 18.......

But then again, the Rockets keep winning. Their win streak may be 23 or 24 by then.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;1988516 said:
Well, any one of those games could be a loss, but the best candidates would be the road games at New Orleans and Detroit.

I'll say we go 5-2 in the stretch.

By the way, what the heck got into Pop tonight. Looked like he was about to pop a blood vessel there.

ya, thats true, to be honest with you i wouldnt be surprised if we lost to philly. I dont know what happened to pop, i started watching the second half cuz we went out to eat with my gf and i didnt get home till later. But i just noticed that coach bud was taking over, i thought maybe pop just had the night off, what happened, double technical or what? i know he has let bud take over as the head coach earlier in the year, i thought he was just doing it again

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;1988566 said:
If the Spurs can win those next 7 games.......might as well crown them as the 1 seed in the West.....their win streak will be 18.......

But then again, the Rockets keep winning. Their win streak may be 23 or 24 by then.

ya, like i said before, if the rockets beat the hornets, who i think they match up great with, their streak will probably be at 22 games with their schedule afterward. I would be super exited if we won all 7 but i dont see that happening, its just too tough of a schedule

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;1988588 said:
ya, thats true, to be honest with you i wouldnt be surprised if we lost to philly. I dont know what happened to pop, i started watching the second half cuz we went out to eat with my gf and i didnt get home till later. But i just noticed that coach bud was taking over, i thought maybe pop just had the night off, what happened, double technical or what? i know he has let bud take over as the head coach earlier in the year, i thought he was just doing it again

He flipped out and ran onto the court screaming at the referee in the middle of a play. I just saw the highlight, so I don't know what events may have preceded it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya i saw it on sportscenter, im pretty sure it was one of those things where he wanted to get ejected for whatever reason. oh did you guys hear we hired kelvin sampson as an "advisor" of some sort? anyway, he was there at the game last night.

sharph20

Reaction score
MC KAos;1988987 said:
ya i saw it on sportscenter, im pretty sure it was one of those things where he wanted to get ejected for whatever reason. oh did you guys hear we hired kelvin sampson as an "advisor" of some sort? anyway, he was there at the game last night.

No i hadn't heard about it. I wonder what he is going to be doing....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;1988987 said:

Sampson is a very good coach and teaches gritty, tough-minded, defensive-oriented basketball.

His biggest problems are of the ethical nature, and that shouldn't be much of a problem in the pros where he doesn't have to worry about recruiting violations.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, i think he is probably there as a favor from pop and might get a coaching job with us next year. I just hope teams dont realize what a great coach Bud is gonna be and try to hire him, id like him to replace pop eventually

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;1988498 said:

Fri, Mar 7 @ Denver
Sun, Mar 9 @ Phoenix
Mon, Mar 10 Denver
Fri, Mar 14 @ Detroit
Mon, Mar 17 Boston

Ive said enough good things about the Spurs on occasion so that comment wasnt deserved. But if thats the way you really feel then ok, I said 0-7.:rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
5-2

I say we lose the Nuggets the 2nd time, and Detroit (it means more to them)

I think it will be a close game with the Suns and the Celtics ..... but I think Gino and Bowen will both be up for those games.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1989817 said:
Ive said enough good things about the Spurs on occasion so that comment wasnt deserved. But if thats the way you really feel then ok, I said 0-7.:rolleyes:

haha, im just playing you know i love ya

Route 66

Reaction score
Looks like Denver will play harder the second half after knowing Phoenix lost their freakin defense and let Utah trounce em. You gotta keep Manu outta further foul trouble second half.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1989953 said:
Looks like Denver will play harder the second half after knowing Phoenix lost their freakin defense and let Utah trounce em. You gotta keep Manu outta further foul trouble second half.

ya, manu needs to play smarter with his foul situation. Has anyone else noticed that the refs keep calling EVERYTHING for iverson, but melo gets absolutely no love? its kinda strange. IMO iverson is getting too much respect and melo is not getting enough