Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1978997 said:
:rolleyes:

I can feel the jealousy oozing off ya.

I am sorry that your team has been the Spurs property for the last decade.

I know it has to hurt, buck up though ...... eventually Tim Duncan will retire.

Unfortunately it will probably be long after the flopping canadian does.

And then you will be left with a young big man with the IQ of a brick and a coach who's idea of coaching is complaining to the media.

But still ..... keep your chin up.

Yeah Im oozing badly with this majory artery of grief and being owned. I wonder a lot of times how I will greet the day.:)

Route 66

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1978504 said:
I'm gonna have to agree with that, as a Laker fan I enjoy watching Bowen try to slow Kobe down by playing physical and challenging him, Bell closelining him like that was just a chicken move...Bowen plays physical, but what he does is all within the rules.

That's fine. Raja wasn't sly like Bowen is. That is the only credit I can give Bowen as far as his cheap shots go. I dont see how a clothesline is a chicken move but you got yer opinion.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1979179 said:
I guess all these NBA players are wrong

and by "all" you mean Stoudamire, Nash, and Ray Allen ......

Who else has complained about Bowen besides the crybaby fans?

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1978999 said:
I just hate arrogant idiotic fans from teams who have never done jack squat.

Well if you are including me then you just opened up a big can of worms then. I would like to see a copy and paste of one entire quote I made where there was any arrogance in it whatsoever.

Until you admit that Bowen pulls dirty crap occasionally on defense then you and I have nothing to discuss. Ive grown weary of your own arrogance by thinking some Larry O Brien trophy/s somehow give you the upper hand on actions from your team.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1979189 said:

Well if you would like I can post multiple videos of Bowen getting into it with non Suns players along with his accused dirty work. People get into fisticuffs all the time. But I am talking about obvious crap documented on video. I have also mentioned several of these players before like Vince and Iverson and some others but you will just write those off to those guys being handled on defense so they had nothing to be angry about.:rolleyes:

MC KAos

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1978504 said:
I'm gonna have to agree with that, as a Laker fan I enjoy watching Bowen try to slow Kobe down by playing physical and challenging him, Bell closelining him like that was just a chicken move...Bowen plays physical, but what he does is all within the rules.

ya, and kobe ALWAYS has said that he respects bowen and that bowen is the person that guards him the best in the league, and how much he enjoys going up against him because he sees it as a challenge to play against the best defender. But then he calls raja bell a child, and he is YOUNGER that bell!!

Rowdy;1978621 said:
Actually you as well as that other Celtics guy miss the boat completely. The fact remains that I dont get caught up in the Championships and winning like it makes your manhood more meaningful. I was and have been discussing issues that you choose to look the other way on. Its plain and simple. If you reread all my posts which you obviously wont do since you didnt read them right to begin with, you will find I am not arguing Larry O Brien trophies or who has how many. It is the comments that you make like the Spurs can do no wrong and they are above everyone else and the reason why anybody God forbid would have a problem with one iota of the Spurs is just plain jealousy.

I dont care if Bowen scores 100 on the Suns and gets away with murder. The difference between your class and mine is I can admit that we have players that do not always play properly which is quite a bit more than you or any other Spurs fan admitting the same about some of yours.

you CANT get caught up in championships considering your team has never WON one. as for bowen, i know he is physical and all that, but when he does "dirty" things i see it as the result of him trying his hardest to stop people from scoring and when he hurts people, its an accident, not even pele or maradona could have kicked amare in the heel like that on purpose, much less bowen. why dont you go back and look at a replay of that without slowing it down to where you can see a hummingbird flap its wings

Biggems;1979046 said:
Has anyone looked at the standings this morning?

Thanks to the wonderful Portland Trailblazers, we are now the 1 seed in the West. They knocked off the Lakers last night, putting them a half game behind us. We can make it a full game if we can go into Milwaukee and win tonight.

Tonight's game will be no easy task. We always have trouble with Milwaukee, especially up there. I think the Spurs are going to pull out a close, hard fought game.

GO SPURS GO

are you sure we arent half a game behind the lakers? i thought we would be tied today if we beat the bucks, but technically be ahead because of better winning percentage and head to head record with them

Rowdy;1979179 said:
No I am absolutely not kidding you. How can you even say that the clothesline was more dangerous than Bowen kicking to the face or stepping on someone's achilles or putting your foot out there to have people R E P E A T E D L Y come down on it in the hopes to take them out of the game.

I guess all these NBA players are wrong that get extremely angry at him cause of all the trophies and tough defense.:rolleyes:

because it was blatant that he was doing that on purpose, all the crap bowen does is at least arguable that he is doing/not doing it on purpose. thats the difference between manslaughter and murder.

zrinkill;1979189 said:

the only other player i can think of besides them is vince carter, but nash has never complained about bowen being dirty to anyone that i can remember, so i wouldnt even include him on your list

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1979194 said:
Well if you would like I can post multiple videos of Bowen getting into it with non Suns players along with his accused dirty work. People get into fisticuffs all the time. But I am talking about obvious crap documented on video. I have also mentioned several of these players before like Vince and Iverson and some others but you will just write those off to those guys being handled on defense so they had nothing to be angry about.:rolleyes:

You "mention" a lot of crap ...... Iverson complained about Manu not Bowen.

I will give you vince and take out Nash

So you have Stoudamire, Allen, and Carter.

is that "all" the players that complained about Bowen being dirty? Thats the entire league right?

:lmao2: keep making yourself look silly.

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;1979204 said:
ya, and kobe ALWAYS has said that he respects bowen and that bowen is the person that guards him the best in the league, and how much he enjoys going up against him because he sees it as a challenge to play against the best defender. But then he calls raja bell a child, and he is YOUNGER that bell!!

you CANT get caught up in championships considering your team has never WON one. as for bowen, i know he is physical and all that, but when he does "dirty" things i see it as the result of him trying his hardest to stop people from scoring and when he hurts people, its an accident, not even pele or maradona could have kicked amare in the heel like that on purpose, much less bowen. why dont you go back and look at a replay of that without slowing it down to where you can see a hummingbird flap its wings

are you sure we arent half a game behind the lakers? i thought we would be tied today if we beat the bucks, but technically be ahead because of better winning percentage and head to head record with them

because it was blatant that he was doing that on purpose, all the crap bowen does is at least arguable that he is doing/not doing it on purpose. thats the difference between manslaughter and murder.

the only other player i can think of besides them is vince carter, but nash has never complained about bowen being dirty to anyone that i can remember, so i wouldnt even include him on your list

For you too to look the other way concerning Bowen and some of his cheap shots I guess this conversation is a moot point. There have been many blatant and documented videos of his cheap shots.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1979212 said:
You "mention" a lot of crap ...... Iverson complained about Manu not Bowen.

I will give you vince and take out Nash

So you have Stoudamire, Allen, and Carter.

is that "all" the players that complained about Bowen being dirty? Thats the entire league right?

:lmao2: keep making yourself look silly.

There's clinical help (maybe not) for people like you that live in Denial City. Now this is denial in action because I can already see the outcome of a reply now. Bowen did nothing wrong in this video and he just somehow fell backwards and said leg came up.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ZPWnf9fKU

For your viewing pleasure if you scroll down and read all the comments on Bowen and people's opinion of him you would find they aren't Suns fans. Dude I will state right now that I can post over 200 quotes of other's opinions that have nothing to do with the Suns organization who call him out for what he is.

"And to some people, Bowen isn’t so much a great defender as he is a dirty cheap-shot artist."

I can provide you evidence of his actions and you call me silly? Ill take your "silly" over your stupidity any day.:)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1979232 said:
There's clinical help (maybe not) for people like you that live in Denial City. Now this is denial in action because I can already see the outcome of a reply now. Bowen did nothing wrong in this video and he just somehow fell backwards and said leg came up.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-ZPWnf9fKU

For your viewing pleasure if you scroll down and read all the comments on Bowen and people's opinion of him you would find they aren't Suns fans. Dude I will state right now that I can post over 200 quotes of other's opinions that have nothing to do with the Suns organization who call him out for what he is.

"And to some people, Bowen isn’t so much a great defender as he is a dirty cheap-shot artist."

I can provide you evidence of his actions and you call me silly? Ill take your "silly" over your stupidity any day.:)

You said NBA Players "dude" ..... not angry fans.

Find me some quotes from NBA players about Bowen being dirty besides Stoudamire, Allen, and maybe Carter.

Of course these guys just happen to dislike Bowen.

I could care less what no nothing fans think. Back up your "all the NBA players" comment.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, why would anyone make videos of how bowen is a good defender? what are they gonna do? show people missing shots while being guarded by bowen?

MC KAos

Reaction score
in an attempt to bring back this thread to what its supposed to be about, the spurs, i wanna get some opinions on the upcoming month. This coming month is gonna be BRUTAL!!! we have a spurs record 18 games this month!! five back to backs, which we all know we have struggled with over the last couple of years with our age. we play really good teams like denver twice, phoenix, new orleans, detroit, boston, dallas, orlando, and houston!! so having said all that, what do you guys think about the upcoming month? and what are your predictions for this month?

i think we will go 13-5, thoughts?

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;1979250 said:
You said NBA Players "dude" ..... not angry fans.

Find me some quotes from NBA players about Bowen being dirty besides Stoudamire, Allen, and maybe Carter.

Of course these guys just happen to dislike Bowen.

I could care less what no nothing fans think. Back up your "all the NBA players" comment.

Videos of all kinds of scuffles are racked up on the internet all in his name which includes numerous NBA players-numerous. These guys happen to dislike cheap shots-its not a random thing dude.

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;1979264 said:
ya, why would anyone make videos of how bowen is a good defender? what are they gonna do? show people missing shots while being guarded by bowen?

What kind of comment is this? What are you driving at? If you take any NBA player and look for negative crap you wont find the negativity like there is with a wealth of evidence of Bowen all over the place and his actions.

Dude there are videos that show him with his feet in all kinds of weird angles that kick, trip and undercut players all over the place. There is not that same type of crap with any other player. There are also good videos of Bowen too so I dont know what you are driving at.

If you guys ever admitted your team has done questionable things in the past then that would be a first step towards being upfront and honest about facts. Otherwise its denial after denial. I think its great you guys are so caught up in your team that you defend them like you do but its gotten ridiculous that you guys plainly dont see facts when they are right smack in front of you.

Kobe threw elbows galore in that game and Bell frankly got tired of it and did what he thought he had to do. He was frustrated. Does it make it right? No. But at least I can have a conducive conversation with others and admit facts such as that one when they plainly exist.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1979218 said:
For you too to look the other way concerning Bowen and some of his cheap shots I guess this conversation is a moot point. There have been many blatant and documented videos of his cheap shots.

Rowdy;1979325 said:
What kind of comment is this? What are you driving at? If you take any NBA player and look for negative crap you wont find the negativity like there is with a wealth of evidence of Bowen all over the place and his actions.

Dude there are videos that show him with his feet in all kinds of weird angles that kick, trip and undercut players all over the place. There is not that same type of crap with any other player. There are also good videos of Bowen too so I dont know what you are driving at.

If you guys ever admitted your team has done questionable things in the past then that would be a first step towards being upfront and honest about facts. Otherwise its denial after denial. I think its great you guys are so caught up in your team that you defend them like you do but its gotten ridiculous that you guys plainly dont see facts when they are right smack in front of you.

Kobe threw elbows galore in that game and Bell frankly got tired of it and did what he thought he had to do. He was frustrated. Does it make it right? No. But at least I can have a conducive conversation with others and admit facts such as that one when they plainly exist.

get over it, your team is soft and gets bullied by pretty much every physical team in the league! is that what you want to hear? the suns fans are always whining about bowen when they have a player that does dirtier things than bowen AND flops. you talk about manu flopping, you got three all world floppers in nash, diaw, and bell. bowen might do some questionable things but ALL those videos on youtube are slowed down to make it seem like he is doing it on purpose, AND half of those videos are done by the same guy (most likely a suns fan). Kobe elbows EVERYONE and bell is the only ****** that retaliated to it like that. he elbowed manu and bowen, and they didnt closeline him, he elbowed a timberwolves player a last year HARD and he didnt retaliate. aside from nash, your team has to be the dumbest team in the league, most notably amare and bell. your prime proof that the trickle down effect DOES work, but only when it comes to whining, not economics.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rowdy;1979322 said:
Videos of all kinds of scuffles are racked up on the internet all in his name which includes numerous NBA players-numerous. These guys happen to dislike cheap shots-its not a random thing dude.

So you got nothing ..... ok thanks.