Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
did anyone see that play by manu? thats what im talking about!! this game is over btw no way we lose tonight, boys look pissed!!

ps. nors if your lurking around, rondo cant hang with parker, specially in the playoffs, good thing yall got cassell that guy is always clutch.

pss. no wonder the rockets of the mid 90's called themselves clutch city, look at all those clutch players!! cassell, horry, clide, hakeem, wowsa!!

thekavorka

Reaction score
MC KAos;2001679 said:
did anyone see that play by manu? thats what im talking about!! this game is over btw no way we lose tonight, boys look pissed!!

ps. nors if your lurking around, rondo cant hang with parker, specially in the playoffs, good thing yall got cassell that guy is always clutch.

pss. no wonder the rockets of the mid 90's called themselves clutch city, look at all those clutch players!! cassell, horry, clide, hakeem, wowsa!!

saving this quote just in case :p

MC KAos

Reaction score
im on suicide watch right now, cassell keeping them in this game

MC KAos

Reaction score
this was one of the worst losses i have ever experienced as a spurs fan. I am not one of those bandwagon fans like maybe a lot of you guys think i might be. i have a lot invested in the spurs, i love my team and this loss was very dissheartening. Ive decided that i need to take a break from watching and keeping up with any nba stuff the rest of the year because im just emotionally exhausted right now by the way the year is starting to go. You can insult me all you want and thats fine, or believe whatever you want about how much i love my team and thats fine, but i just feel so sick to my stomach and feel this is the best thing to do.

Good luck to rowdy and the rest of the suns fans on here and the suns, i hope you guys stay healthy. Good luck to the mavs fans and the mavs and i hope you guys stay healthy. Good luck to the lakers fans and the lakers and hope for good health and the return of all their injured players. Good luck to the Rockets fans and the rockets and hopefully no more injuries are in their future and they can continue their winning streak. good luck to your celtics nors, and i hope they have good health too. And to all my spurs fans on here, its really bad right now and i feel your pain, hopefully we can get it toguether in the playoffs or soon before they start.

Im gonna avoid anything that has to do with the nba and that includes this forum for the rest of the regular season and ill be back after the season is over and before the playoffs start to get it going again. take care and ill talk to yall in about a month and until then...

GO SPURS GO!!!
HOOK EM' HORNS!!!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Some weird stuff going on in the Western Conference. Houston wins 22 in a row to go from 10th to 1st. San Antonio loses four in a row. Mavs win five in a row and fail to move up even one spot in the playoff seedings.

Route 66

Reaction score
MC KAos;2001813 said:
this was one of the worst losses i have ever experienced as a spurs fan. I am not one of those bandwagon fans like maybe a lot of you guys think i might be. i have a lot invested in the spurs, i love my team and this loss was very dissheartening. Ive decided that i need to take a break from watching and keeping up with any nba stuff the rest of the year because im just emotionally exhausted right now by the way the year is starting to go. You can insult me all you want and thats fine, or believe whatever you want about how much i love my team and thats fine, but i just feel so sick to my stomach and feel this is the best thing to do.

Good luck to rowdy and the rest of the suns fans on here and the suns, i hope you guys stay healthy. Good luck to the mavs fans and the mavs and i hope you guys stay healthy. Good luck to the lakers fans and the lakers and hope for good health and the return of all their injured players. Good luck to the Rockets fans and the rockets and hopefully no more injuries are in their future and they can continue their winning streak. good luck to your celtics nors, and i hope they have good health too. And to all my spurs fans on here, its really bad right now and i feel your pain, hopefully we can get it toguether in the playoffs or soon before they start.

Im gonna avoid anything that has to do with the nba and that includes this forum for the rest of the regular season and ill be back after the season is over and before the playoffs start to get it going again. take care and ill talk to yall in about a month and until then...

GO SPURS GO!!!
HOOK EM' HORNS!!!

GO SOONERS!!

Sorry I had to counteract that Hook em' horns.:)

Oh great so now I gotta be here for the college season as well to stick up for OU now.:banghead: :)

Dude you cant leave for the season-that's part of being a fan. Heck I should be more frustrated than you with how my usual post season goes and that sucks worse than your team going out four in a row.:eek:: I think this is one of the more interesting upcoming post seasons in a long time and the top seeding is anyone's guess at this point. Look at the Eastern division, its hard to believe that the 8th seed is 29-38:eek:

Good luck to all our teams and may the team that grinds it out with selfless play, cohesiveness and tremendous heart take the trophy home.:cool:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;2001941 said:
GO SOONERS!!

Sorry I had to counteract that Hook em' horns.:)

Oh great so now I gotta be here for the college season as well to stick up for OU now.:banghead: :)
Well at least there's SOMETHING we can agree on! :)

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Take that freakin spurs.......way to go C's, know on to houston to break this streak. Sam Cassell CLUCTH!!!!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2001813 said:

GO SPURS GO!!!
HOOK EM' HORNS!!!

I've been mostly lurking past week and not here to gloat - That was Celtics without Ray Allen. We have done everything asked this season - against the west and Pistons.

Celtics can't be as quickly dismissed as a viable NBA champion contender rounding into April.

My take on San Antonio Ills? They are terrible last 3 minutes of games and go into huge offensive droughts. I can see a "Manu" factor coming into play with Parker out where it is too much rely on Manu and not enough pound it into Duncan crunch time - JMO from afar

Cassell brings intangibles that already exudes intangibles.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Spurs Remaining Schedule...

How do you think we'll finish?

Here's what I think (hope) would be the worst case scenario:

Thu, Mar 20 @ Chicago -- W
Fri, Mar 21 Sacramento -- W
Sun, Mar 23 @ Dallas -- L
Tue, Mar 25 @ Orlando -- L
Wed, Mar 26 LA Clippers --W
Fri, Mar 28 Minnesota -- W
Sun, Mar 30 Houston -- L

Tue, Apr 1 Golden State -- W
Fri, Apr 4 @ Utah -- L
Sun, Apr 6 @ Portland -- W
Wed, Apr 9 Phoenix -- L
Fri, Apr 11 Seattle -- W
Sun, Apr 13 @ LA Lakers -- L
Mon, Apr 14 @ Sacramento -- W
Wed, Apr 16 Utah -- W

That would be 9 wins and 6 losses, putting us at 53-29 for the season.

Even though that's not exactly a finishing stretch record to write home about, it should easily get the Spurs in the playoffs, albeit possibly as a 6 or 7 seed. I don't really see a scenario (barring a total collapse) where the Spurs fall behind the Nuggets and miss the playoffs. Slightly more likely (although still a stretch) would be falling behind the Warriors and ending up an 8 seed.

But if I had to guess, I'm guessing 5 or 6 seed for the Spurs.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;2003655 said:
Spurs Remaining Schedule...

How do you think we'll finish?

Eddie Sefko for the Dallas Morning News predicts they'll go 12-3 down the stretch to clinch the #2 seed. Take a look at it here (along with the other eight West contenders):

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedc...mavs/stories/031808dnspomavslede.2f9058a.html

Here's his predicted final seeding:

1. Lakers (57-25)
2. Spurs (56-26)
3. Jazz (56-26)
4. Hornets (55-27)
5. Mavs (54-28)
6. Warriors (54-28)
7. Rockets (54-28)
8. Suns (54-28)
9. Nuggets (51-31)

Route 66

Reaction score
MCKAos! Come back! Your Spurs are putting a beating on the Bulls at the half!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;2005417 said:
MCKAos! Come back! Your Spurs are putting a beating on the Bulls at the half!

Looking good tonight.

We should win tonight and then hosting Sac town. The game against the Mavs will be a big indicator if this Spurs team has what it takes this year down the stretch.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Danny White;2005456 said:
The game against the Mavs will be a big indicator if this Spurs team has what it takes this year down the stretch.

Not really. The mavs suck this year.

Route 66

Reaction score
I'd be shocked to see the Mavs have any chance against the Spurs today. I think the Spurs are going to be more on for awhile than off.