Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2045276 said:
that's because Amare is a b****

I think it's more that D'Antoni is an idiot.

How many times did he go to Diaw down low in the second half? It seemed like about 12-14 times. And I don't think Diaw delivered once for him. Meanwhile you have your All Star big man in Amare falling asleep out there because he isn't getting the ball down low.

Unreal.

I expect the Suns to take one or two in Phoenix, though. This series isn't over yet.

Still, huge win by the Spurs. Puts all the pressure in the world on the Suns.

MC KAos

Reaction score
haha, it happens a lot with the spurs, but not this year, what they have done the last two games is classic spurs, tearing teams up defensively in the second half. i remember once a couple of years ago when al harrington was in atlanta, he had almost 30 points in the first half and didnt score again after halftime, its just how we roll i guess

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya i expect the suns to win a game in phoenix but i think we will win one there too and then hopefully we can close them out back here in game five, but like you said, this series isnt over yet.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;2045279 said:
I think it's more that D'Antoni is an idiot.

How many times did he go to Diaw down low in the second half? It seemed like about 12-14 times. And I don't think Diaw delivered once for him. Meanwhile you have your All Star big man in Amare falling asleep out there because he isn't getting the ball down low.

Unreal.

I expect the Suns to take one or two in Phoenix, though. This series isn't over yet.

Still, huge win by the Spurs. Puts all the pressure in the world on the Suns.

I expect the series to go to 6 games, but Dantoni went to Diaw down low because he was matched up w/ Parker alot, who he has the size advantage over, but yeah, it's not like going down low to one of your big guys, but still

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I love how much the Spurs own the Kleenex Nones........

I know how they feel though......same way I felt when we couldn't beat the Jazz during the Scumbag Duo era.....

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Tough loss, we quit watching at the half then turned it on at the beginning of the 4th. That sucked. I'm not crying though, the series is not over yet. I think it would be close to a miracle if we can pull it off, but not likely. I'm used to the "maybe next year" being a Suns/Cowboys fan. It's all good, except I DON'T want to see LA or SA in the finals. Someone else needs a chance at it for once. If Phoenix gets knocked out, I'll be rooting probably for NO. Chris Paul has been amazing.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DCgirl13;2045553 said:
Tough loss, we quit watching at the half then turned it on at the beginning of the 4th. That sucked. I'm not crying though, the series is not over yet. I think it would be close to a miracle if we can pull it off, but not likely. I'm used to the "maybe next year" being a Suns/Cowboys fan. It's all good, except I DON'T want to see LA or SA in the finals. Someone else needs a chance at it for once. If Phoenix gets knocked out, I'll be rooting probably for NO. Chris Paul has been amazing.

Keep your head up. A lot of basketball is yet to be played.

Also, you deserve big points for showing up and posting and staying pretty classy (i.e. not complaining about refs or what have you).

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny White;2045606 said:

Also, you deserve big points for showing up and posting and staying pretty classy (i.e. not complaining about refs or what have you).

Yup ..... she has more gumption than that "certain poster"

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Danny White;2045606 said:

Thanks, I'm sure there were bad calls both ways, that seems like the way it is for the most part. I guess we'll see what happens! My Mom's friend who lives in SA has been taunting me, it's starting to piss me off. I know he's only joking around though.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;2045648 said:
Yup ..... she has more gumption than that "certain poster"

Figured I would go ahead and post since this is the 3rd or fourth time this has been brought up. If you actually take a look, you would find I haven't posted here since BEFORE the playoffs even started. So it has nothing to do with any losses. Nice try as usual to always paint a negative picture of me as well as the Suns. There are only a few here who aren't Suns fans who are actually willing to talk basketball. The rest of the usual 4 or 5 bunch seem to get quite giddy with Suns bashing on a 24 hour basis so it got old and I decided to post on other forums about basketball instead of being on here anymore.

I'm not going to spend the time copying and pasting the many compliments I have given to several organizations on here namely the Lakers, Rockets and the Spurs and several of their players only to hear garbage back about the Suns coach, the players and the fans in general. If I raise this issue up,then of course Im whining since thats par for this group. I could care less. You and a few others are simply annoying. Its too bad the Suns didnt win one of the first two games because I wouldnt have posted then either but then again, why should I care what some of you think.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;2045794 said:
Figured I would go ahead and post since this is the 3rd or fourth time this has been brought up. If you actually take a look, you would find I haven't posted here since BEFORE the playoffs even started. So it has nothing to do with any losses. Nice try as usual to always paint a negative picture of me as well as the Suns. There are only a few here who aren't Suns fans who are actually willing to talk basketball. The rest of the usual 4 or 5 bunch seem to get quite giddy with Suns bashing on a 24 hour basis so it got old and I decided to post on other forums about basketball instead of being on here anymore.

I'm not going to spend the time copying and pasting the many compliments I have given to several organizations on here namely the Lakers, Rockets and the Spurs and several of their players only to hear garbage back about the Suns coach, the players and the fans in general. If I raise this issue up,then of course Im whining since thats par for this group. I could care less. You and a few others are simply annoying. Its too bad the Suns didnt win one of the first two games because I wouldnt have posted then either but then again, why should I care what some of you think.

did you see what shaq said after game one? or amare after game 2? or the fact that your coach is a freaking idiot and keeps claiming the suns are a better team? how about the whinny fans (obviously not all fans, but a good majority) complaining about anythign they can think of on all sorts of sites, just go to espn and check the comments of any article pertaining to the series. Its pretty easy to hate on the suns because of their whole style and all of their players with the lone exception of nash. They never give credit to the spurs they just always make excuses for getting owned. Im sorry that you dont wanna post here anymore because you feel like some of us treat you wrong, but the fact is that most of what we say about the suns is mostly true, although exaggerated to an extent.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Pheonix as a team, I don't talk about them at all but I really can't stand D'Antoni saying this "we're the better team" thing all the time....if you're the better team win a damn game and then talk.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DAntoni is an idiot........he has proven it year after year.

Spurs go to Hack a Shaq..........If I were the PHX coach, I would have gone to Hack a Duncan just to counter.

In the 4th, I would not have gone to Diaw over and over while trailing, after he continued to fail. I would have told Nash to take over and be more selfish offensively......either shoot or if you are going to pass, Amare only.

DAntoni is a great offensive mind, but he has no mind for defense whatsoever. Popovich is a defensive mastermind. Great Defense trumps Great Offense almost every single time....The Giants proved that in the SB.....and the Spurs have proved that every series against DAntoni's Suns.

He just cannot seem to make adjustments. His only way to respond to anything is to run more....ironically, the old, slow, boring Spurs have consistently been able to outrun and outscore the Suns. The Suns have yet to score 100 pts against the Spurs during regulation this season.

The Suns are built to score lots of points and win lots of regular season games......they are run and gun and fun for the casual, short attention span fans to watch...... However, in the postseason, they do not have the ability to play a style of play that is conducive to winning a Championship. There is little substance to their style...and they can really only play one style.....and that falls back on DAntoni.

kristie

Reaction score
gazmc_06;2045973 said:
I don't have a problem with Pheonix as a team, I don't talk about them at all but I really can't stand D'Antoni saying this "we're the better team" thing all the time....if you're the better team win a damn game and then talk.

exactly. he seriously needs to shut up.:mad:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;2047452 said:
DAntoni is an idiot........he has proven it year after year.

Spurs go to Hack a Shaq..........If I were the PHX coach, I would have gone to Hack a Duncan just to counter.

In the 4th, I would not have gone to Diaw over and over while trailing, after he continued to fail. I would have told Nash to take over and be more selfish offensively......either shoot or if you are going to pass, Amare only.

DAntoni is a great offensive mind, but he has no mind for defense whatsoever. Popovich is a defensive mastermind. Great Defense trumps Great Offense almost every single time....The Giants proved that in the SB.....and the Spurs have proved that every series against DAntoni's Suns.

He just cannot seem to make adjustments. His only way to respond to anything is to run more....ironically, the old, slow, boring Spurs have consistently been able to outrun and outscore the Suns. The Suns have yet to score 100 pts against the Spurs during regulation this season.

The Suns are built to score lots of points and win lots of regular season games......they are run and gun and fun for the casual, short attention span fans to watch...... However, in the postseason, they do not have the ability to play a style of play that is conducive to winning a Championship. There is little substance to their style...and they can really only play one style.....and that falls back on DAntoni.

i agree with you on everything except for the hack a duncan, that wouldnt work considering he shoots just as well as tony parker from the line this year, he is above 70%. If anything he should have gone to the hack a bowen

gazmc_06

Reaction score
The big thing that confuses me is why D'Antoni (who is clearly very smart on the offensive side of the ball) stops going to Amare. I consider Amare pretty much unstoppable, he's fast, powerful and has a soft touch....he's scoring on the Spurs pretty easily and then out of nowhere they change what is working, why?

The Suns biggest problem is San Antonio are trouncing them in fast break points, if they don't win the fast break part of the game then they don't win the game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;2047643 said:
i agree with you on everything except for the hack a duncan, that wouldnt work considering he shoots just as well as tony parker from the line this year, he is above 70%. If anything he should have gone to the hack a bowen

actually Tony has gotten far better at the line. Duncan still struggles....I do the hack a duncan because that would force Pop to adjust more than hack a bowen. duncan is far more vital to the offense than bowen. Pop could take out bowen and the spurs not miss a beat offensively. however, by doing hack a duncan, it would force the spurs to make a major adjustment.....that is, if duncan is unable to convert on the FT attempts.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2048191 said:
The big thing that confuses me is why D'Antoni (who is clearly very smart on the offensive side of the ball) stops going to Amare.

I have no idea why, but it's probably the same reason why Mike Martz chose not to run the ball during the Rams-Patriots Super Bowl.

BigTimeCowboy

Reaction score
I'm tired of all those Suns fans crying about being "cheated" last season. Thx to Steve Kerr...(we knew he would help us out lol) they went ahead and got Shaq. Slow in rotations, slow in pick and rolls, slow in one on ones with our attacking guards.

Overall a bad trade.