Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2078160 said:
I really don't see how it benefits us (Spurs fans) to start complaining about flopping or complaining about calls. It invites unpleasant comparisons.

Paul does look somewhat foolish with some of these, but I'm not going to say he's any worse than a lot of the players in the league today.

I think flop smack talk just sounds like excuse making.

i guess its a way to vent for us. But if the spurs players or coaches started to complain about it i would have a problem with it. Thats why i like our team and staff for not talking bad about other teams and refs publicly. lebron did the same after game 3 last year when he got fouled but there wasnt a call. it gave me lots of respect for him.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
How old is the Spurs announcer? I can just picture a 94 year old guy sitting behind the mic.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I hate Mo Pete, all he does is hang out by the 3-point line

so does Bowen, but he's a 1st team NBA defender

StylisticS

Reaction score
Dreadnought;2078852 said:
How old is the Spurs announcer? I can just picture a 94 year old guy sitting behind the mic.

Stan Kelly? He use to be or maybe still the Texas announcer as well. He's been around for a minute.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;2078893 said:
That was a woman? :eek:

:lmao2:

ok, hopefully JV tryouts is over

good grief

speaking of the WNBA, their commercials are a horrible misallocation of money that could be better served finding a cure for cancer

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
MC KAos;2078169 said:
i guess its a way to vent for us. But if the spurs players or coaches started to complain about it i would have a problem with it. Thats why i like our team and staff for not talking bad about other teams and refs publicly. lebron did the same after game 3 last year when he got fouled but there wasnt a call. it gave me lots of respect for him.
Got to give you guys your respect seems you are back in it.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm impressed. The guys didn't lay down and now this is a series. All the pressure in the world is on the young Hornets to hold home court in game 5.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
this is a tough road for the Spurs, nice to see them rebound to take the next 2 and turn this one into a very winnable series

which we probably could always say about these Spurs

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
John F.;2079031 said:
I started this thread 855 posts ago.

So where the heck have you been since then? :p:

As you can see, it doesn't take much to give the "Spurs Mafia" on this board an excuse to defend our team. Rowdy and DCgirl (and Norsie, of course) are probably responsible for inspiring at least half of the posts here. :D

Now that the Suns are out, the pace of posts here might drop a bit. Still, I'd bet this thread goes over 1000 posts before the end of the season! Maybe even 1500 if we meet the Celts in the Finals!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chris Paul is now

Carlton Paul lol

I swear, when he does his tough-guy walk, he looks just like him, the face and the arms swaying in a biceps curl

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
thekavorka;2079024 said:
i think it will probably go to 7. i just wish every game wasn't a blowout

it reminds me of the Spurs/Nets Finals a few years back, although Timmy is less dominant during this series, but Parker is lighting it up like back then, and Manu is inconsistent as always

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2079811 said:
it reminds me of the Spurs/Nets Finals a few years back, although Timmy is less dominant during this series, but Parker is lighting it up like back then, and Manu is inconsistent as always

The Nets series? Parker was inconsistent. It was Speedy Claxton who was a terror in that series....and I remember everyone being down in the dumps when we didn't bring him back.